Receiver Line-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiver Line-up?

How do you think our receiver line-up is going to go? Conisdering that we have B-Marsh, Stokely, Jackson, Colbert, Parker, Martinez, & i'm not sure if we still have Taylor Jacobs.
    Originally posted by darth-hideous
    Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
    Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

#1 Marshall
    #2 Jackson
    #3 Stokley
    #4 Royal

I see Royal learning from Stokley and slowly overtaking him. Best case scenario he becomes the number 2 guy

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Lights View Post
      #1 Marshall
      #2 Jackson
      #3 Stokley
      #4 Royal

I see Royal learning from Stokley and slowly overtaking him. Best case scenario he becomes the number 2 guy
      Best case scenario D jax returns to old form and signs a five year contract with us.....

Comment

It will be interesting to see which WR's get cut.

You know Shanny isn't keeping all those guys around.

Comment

I say we keep Marshall, Royal, Stokley, Colbert, Royal, Jackson. While six WRs may seem to be too many, it's not. And perhaps it's time we cut a few RBs/FBs.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16 View Post
            I say we keep Marshall, Royal, Stokley, Colbert, Royal, Jackson. While six WRs may seem to be too many, it's not. And perhaps it's time we cut a few RBs/FBs.
            You listed Royal twice.

Comment

not so fast

I would be SHOCKED if Bmarsh starts the first few games of the season, especially at the #1 spot. I'm not so sure you recover from that kind of injury when your hands are so integral to your work and return to form THAT quickly.

Starting wideouts for game 1:
              Darrel Jackson
              Kerry Colbert and
              Brandon Stokely
              with Royal getting some snaps as well.

I believe Royal is going to get more pt on offense earlier than people are projecting. Because if there is one thing Hokie receivers know how to do besides special teams, it's block! Beamer isn't screwin around down there. If you can't block you ain't getting on the field! And we all know your number 1 job as a Broncos wr ~ BLOCK downfield.

Also projecting that Parker doesn't make the final cut. It will come down to Parker vs Jacobs/Martinez/some other rookie or young guy we're forgetting; and Parker will be the odd man out because the younger kids will have better special teams play. If you're 4th or lower on the wide receiver depth chart you HAVE to play special teams. Otherwise you go hang out with Jerry Rice. Shanahan wouldn't even keep the GOAT at 5th, he certainly won't keep Parker unless he beats out Jackson or Colbert.
              Last edited by DiehardinAlaska; 04-28-2008, 05:08 PM.
              "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16 View Post
                I say cut parker, Martinez already knows our system. I say it will be B-Marsh,D-Jax/Colbert,Stokley, and Royal. Why pay Colbert to sit on the bench though behind D-Jax, maybe they'll split time or something! We finally have depth at WR now huh. IF B-Marsh isn't ready to go yet (GOD I HOPE HE IS) then Colbert will be # 2
                Last edited by Buckin' Bronco; 04-28-2008, 05:09 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Remember, Denver's last 2 WR spots are mainly used for special teams not including return men. Martinez is the only WR on the roster that can play special teams.

Comment

Jacobs

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                    Remember, Denver's last 2 WR spots are mainly used for special teams not including return men. Martinez is the only WR on the roster that can play special teams.
                    Did we cut Jacobs and I missed it? Martinez has returned but won't do that anymore. But Jacobs; he was actually signed for special teams play. He was not bad for not being in camp with our staff etc...
                    "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska View Post
                      Did we cut Jacobs and I missed it? Martinez has returned but won't do that anymore. But Jacobs; he was actually signed for special teams play. He was not bad for not being in camp with our staff etc...
                      That's what I was wondering also, what ever happened to him??
                      Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.

Comment

Im going with
                        Marshall
                        D.Jackson
                        Stokley
                        Colbert
                        Royal
                        Maybe Parker

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
                          That's what I was wondering also, what ever happened to him??
                          he sucked

no hes still on the team i expect him to be cut though
                          sigpic
                          -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                            he sucked

no hes still on the team i expect him to be cut though
                            Haha I thought so...

Comment

glenn on practice squad

jacobs gone

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Working...
                              X