Peyton Hillis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Hillis

What is so special about this guy? (not being sarcastic) I've read a lot of articles about everyone thinking he is a GREAT steal, is he really that good? And what are his key abillities?
    Originally posted by darth-hideous
    Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
    Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Someone probably knows him better than I do, but from what I've seen, this guy is the complete package.

He has amazing hands, amazing burst and speed, and good blocking.
    Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

heres what i think, think of him as the most complete tail back you can, and add the fact that he can block.
      disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
        What is so special about this guy? (not being sarcastic) I've read a lot of articles about everyone thinking he is a GREAT steal, is he really that good? And what are his key abillities?
        In the draft magazine I got, he was rated as the best FB in the draft. Watching video's of him you can see why. He's jsut a playmaker. Great hands out of the backfield. One of those 'blue collar' type FBs, but is built more for the H-back type player. Griffith was a better blocker, but this kid will be great out of the backfield. This was a great signing.

Comment

Watch a few of his videos on youtube and see what you think. His Arkansas workout video was very impressive too. He's big, fast, super hands, and confident.
          Two other reasons: I heard the very end of a radio interview tonight and caught this: He's been calling the running back coach to get a copy of the playbook so he can start studying. Nice !
          And secondly, I don't particularly keep track of college games or do in depth player studies so keep in mind I have zero credentials but Hillis gives me the same vibe as only two previous players coming out of college: Steve McNair and Ben Rothlisberger.
          The kid is going to be a player in the league and I think it will start sooner than later.

Comment

never really watched him play

but look who he blocked for 2 first round picks sounds like he did his job

Comment

Originally posted by Chaboyer View Post
              never really watched him play

but look who he blocked for 2 first round picks sounds like he did his job
              Saw a video on youtube and he made a one handed catch that most WR's wont make. I was very impressed!! I had never heard of him either. Looks more like a RB then a FB
              Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I go to every Miss State home and away game so I've seen him in person for 4 years...he is VERY VERY VERY good!How many FB's do you know that could be a KR or PR in do it well in the SEC??Well Hillis did!He was also a standout at the Sr Bowl.

Nutt had no clue really how to use this kid...he almost left Ark after his Soph yr because Nutt made(Nutt is know for telling BS to players and recruits)all kinds of promises to him and Nutt didn't follow threw.

Hillis's one red flag is he had that back issue after his Fr year.

Comment

I really like this guy an I'm glad we picked him up but imo he's just one of those college stars that never will produce in the NFL like those Gators receivers for example.
                  He's the guy you can do anything with, just not what he's supposed to do at the NFL level.
                  Maybe he proves me wrong... I hope so.
                  "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Comment

I think the key place for this kid will be in the redzone. He's got awesome hands and we all know what we can do on a play action rollout play by Cutler. We always do that play and it always seems like the FB is the one not catching the ball. So i'm excited for that Hillis wont be asked to do much but when he is there he'll be a pleasant surprise.
                    With these Bronx thru no matter what!!!

Comment

FB-wise I wanted Schmitt because of his superior blocking skills, but PH is a much better receiver coming out of the backfield. When OS was picked by Seattle in the fifth I said "schmitt!" but when I learned that the Broncos got Hillis in the 7th I was quite happy. Kid bombed his pro day so he will be coming in here with something to prove, and will work hard to prove it. He will not only contribute to the passing game, but will also help our pathetic short yradage and RZ ground game, and will return kicks as well.

Believe me campers PH is waaaay above who we have attempting to play this neglected position now. I think the Broncos oughta bring in a couple more FBs and let them compete; one of my faves is Carl Stewart from Auburn, who led all backs at the combine with a 39.5 inch vertical leap, and blocks like Howard G.

Comment

Originally posted by missstatebronco View Post
                        Hillis's one red flag is he had that back issue after his Fr year.
                        Yeah, but to put this in proper context he was also out on the field playing a couple weeks after his back surgery, and hasnt had any major problems since. He actually missed more time with a deep thigh bruise a couple years later. Kid is tough

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
                          I believe he was their leading receiver two years in a row.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                          X