Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We got an absolute stud today! (Woodyard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got an absolute stud today! (Woodyard)

For those of you who don't know we just got the best player who didn't get drafted in Wesley Woodyard. For those of you who are not familiar with him, he is a very fast outside linebacker who is VERY VERY tough. He has a huge heart and is a leader on the feild. Trust me, this kid will not only make the team but he will be making a lot of plays down the road both on special teams and on deffense. This has made the offseason complete for me, I am so excited now!

Go Broncos!

Just some things I thought I should mention.

Last year he led the SEC in Tackles with 139 and 10.7 per game.

In 2006 as a junior he was second in the SEC in tackles behind NFL Defensive rookie of the year Patrick Willis.

In 2006 he single handidly broke Micheal Bush's leg on a solo tackle in the rivalry game against louisville.

There is just not enough I can say about this player. He bled blue at UK and I'm sure he will bleed Orange and Blue with the broncos. At UK he was always a coach on the field and at practice. He even helped alot in recruiting players. I have been a broncos fan my whole life, but this is just sweet that we got this guy as I am also a die hard UK fan.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegrass1 View Post
      Just some things I thought I should mention.

Last year he led the SEC in Tackles with 139 and 10.7 per game.

In 2006 as a junior he was second in the SEC in tackles behind NFL Defensive rookie of the year Patrick Willis.

In 2006 he single handidly broke Micheal Bush's leg on a solo tackle in the rivalry game against louisville.

There is just not enough I can say about this player. He bled blue at UK and I'm sure he will bleed Orange and Blue with the broncos. At UK he was always a coach on the field and at practice. He even helped alot in recruiting players. I have been a broncos fan my whole life, but this is just sweet that we got this guy as I am also a die hard UK fan.
      Do you think he will play OLB or Safety?

Comment

MOST in SEC

Making THE MOST Tackles in SEC @139 is impressive indeed.

Is he a weak-side guy or strong; or, as prior fella asked a S type?

Outa be a hellacious special teamer too.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
          Do you think he will play OLB or Safety?
          I think his best position would be an in the box saftey, but would also excel in coverage as a linebacker. He ran a 4.51 40 at the combine which was the second best among all linebackers.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint View Post
            Making THE MOST Tackles in SEC @139 is impressive indeed.

Is he a weak-side guy or strong; or, as prior fella asked a S type?

Outa be a hellacious special teamer too.
            He is a very versitile player. He will probably be moved around alot. The only knock on him is his size at about 6'1 1/4'' about 225 lbs. He plays alot bigger than that though. One thing they cannot measure is his heart.

There were alot of outside LB taken in the draft that were about the same height and weight as woodyard though.

Comment

I'm not trying to knock him at all, because being a Georgia fan I'm well aware of his talent, but I really wonder why he was not drafted. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ View Post
                I'm not trying to knock him at all, because being a Georgia fan I'm well aware of his talent, but I really wonder why he was not drafted. Anyone?
                Your guess is as good as mine man. I for one am VERY excited that we grabbed him!

By the way, it's good to see another Lexingtonian on the boards!!

GO CATS... GO BRONCOS!!!!

Comment

He looks real good. A SS or nickle like him would be great, maybe a LB thats real fast/ awesome. I read that he played SS untill 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ View Post

He was on kiper's board by the end of the sixth round as one of the top ten still available. They stopped showing the board after the sixth so by the end of the draft he was probably in the top five.

He was often called a "tweener", which apperently means that he is not ideal for any one position (LB or SS in his case).

That probably had the most to do with him not getting drafted, But I also think he was sorely overlooked. There was a reason he was picked up the very next day. I'm just glad he is ours!

Comment

He was on kiper's board by the end of the sixth round as one of the top ten still available. They stopped showing the board after the sixth so by the end of the draft he was probably in the top five.

He was often called a "tweener", which apperently means that he is not ideal for any one position (LB or SS in his case).

That probably had the most to do with him not getting drafted, But I also think he was sorely overlooked. There was a reason he was picked up the very next day. I'm just glad he is ours!
                      I like the guy a lot too. I'm all for getting as many SEC players as we can, even Gators.

Comment

I really don't see why he wasn't drafted at all. I understand that he's a little undersized and doesn't have a definate pro position but the dude is a flat out athlete and did amazing in college.
                        I really like where the Broncos are going!!
                        "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
                        R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

I'm surprised that Jordan Dizon was picked in the 2nd yet Woodyard didn't even get drafted. Pretty much the same players and same intensity on the field. Both were deserving of being picked, but I'm glad we 1 of the 2.

Comment

It's pretty cut and dry, this draft was pretty weak. Some later round prospects fell down to the 6th-UD range because of it.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

I'm really excited about this guy. It blows my mind he wasn't drafted. All I see is our team getting better and better.
                              Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Working...
                              X