The New Acquisitions and realeased players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Acquisitions and realeased players

i didn't really know many of the players released. Paul Smith is the biggest name i guess, i remember when he made an extremely hard in during the season kinda like TD in Japan. Mark Fenton was picked up last year as a CFA but i guess never showed much. Steve Cargile never got to play, i don't think anyway. William Kershaw, Marquis Weeks and Michael Bozeman, Steven Jackson, i believe, were signed immediately following the season.

i guess on the home page the main facts are stated but i have opinions also. the RBs will probably have lots of competition this year with Alridge, Young, Torain, Hall, Bell and Henry. i think Henry should be traded, Bell should be released and then for RB 3 see who works better in camp between Hall, Torain and Alridge. with Hartley on the roster kicker is probably not an issue. now this is the biggest name coming out of college free agency, Wesley Woodyard. many had him ranked highly at the OLB position. i find him to be a player that can move anywhere, be productive and is a fighter willing to get on the field in any way whether its special teams or defense. being from South Dakota i was glad to see a guy from SDSU (South Dakota not San Diego) go to denver. Mitch Erikson was quite the mauler at SDSU. if you want to look at the other players just go to the broncos website.

i like that Shanahan made some early moves too.

i think the front office is trying to imply something by signing all these running backs, they want to get rid of Travis Henry. i think if they traded him they could get back that 2009 pick from the Jets (not from the Jets but another pick). his value is probably a 3rd round pick but they could milk it a bit and maybe squeeze a 2nd out of him.
    Last edited by BroncoBoy2012; 04-29-2008, 10:26 AM.
    --Representing the Broncos in the 605-- Adopted Bronco: Gerell Robinson

Personally, I'd be suprised if we even got a fifth for Henry. Couple that with the with re-structuring of his contract and I believe we will probably hang on to him. We don't know yet how Torain or Alridge will turn out and Young and Hall are not every down backs, so it makes sense to keep Henry around while our young guys develop.

Comment

DJ DREE

You hit on the head with that one. The trade value for Henry is small to nothing. Who would want to sign a Pot head. He is our best option right now
      CMack
      http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2042165

Comment

We sign this many backs every offseason. It is nothing new. Why do you think the 3-5 on roster are different almost every year?

Henry isn't going anywhere unless he is injured again this season. If he can go without missing games, I have a feeling everyone will be talking about him much differently next offseason. The guy is by far the best runner on our team.

Comment

Henry has really not had a chance to get going yet. Matt Lepsis didn't play the best season. If Ryan Clady can open up holes for Henry to run thru I think he can have a great year! I also like our new guys especially Torian. That guy is a beast and he is healthy!

Comment

so who's Lorne Sam
            sigpic

Comment

Who ?

Forget Lorne Sam, at least he's from Div I UTEP. Who the heck is Mitch Erickson
              of SDST and this isn't San Diego St :-)

Comment

Originally posted by CMack View Post
                DJ DREE

You hit on the head with that one. The trade value for Henry is small to nothing. Who would want to sign a Pot head. He is our best option right now
                I know you guys are down on Henry right now. Lets hope he follows his normal pattern. When he first got to the Titans he was not that good, he took a pay cut and promised he could do better. Sounds like something he did here at Denver. Look at the numbers from first year to second as a Titan. Hopefully he will do the same here.

----------------------------------------------
                I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

I know Henry had that good year with the Titans, and I'll give him another shot for next year. However, that year before in 2004 that's not in those stats has him at about 300 yards as well. He's very productive when healthy, but we all know the shelf-life of a RB usually isn't that good...and Henry's in his 8th year. I mean, 3 out of 4 years of sub-700 yard performances isn't the best sign of his durability. I know he's a playmaker, but really, after so many years injuries slowly wear down the best of them. I hate sounding so pessimistic about it...but that's pretty hard to overlook. Here's hoping though! Either way, these young guys are going to be exciting as heck. I think Royal and Aldridge as return guys would be amazing! Youtube Aldridge...that guy is insanely fast! And Torrain should be pretty interesting too. I think training camp will have some exciting battles for roster spots this year!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBoy2012 View Post
                    i didn't really know many of the players released. Paul Smith is the biggest name i guess, i remember when he made an extremely hard in during the season kinda like TD in Japan. Mark Fenton was picked up last year as a CFA but i guess never showed much. Steve Cargile never got to play, i don't think anyway. William Kershaw, Marquis Weeks and Michael Bozeman, Steven Jackson, i believe, were signed immediately following the season.

i guess on the home page the main facts are stated but i have opinions also. the RBs will probably have lots of competition this year with Alridge, Young, Torain, Hall, Bell and Henry. i think Henry should be traded, Bell should be released and then for RB 3 see who works better in camp between Hall, Torain and Alridge. with Hartley on the roster kicker is probably not an issue. now this is the biggest name coming out of college free agency, Wesley Woodyard. many had him ranked highly at the OLB position. i find him to be a player that can move anywhere, be productive and is a fighter willing to get on the field in any way whether its special teams or defense. being from South Dakota i was glad to see a guy from SDSU (South Dakota not San Diego) go to denver. Mitch Erikson was quite the mauler at SDSU. if you want to look at the other players just go to the broncos website.

i like that Shanahan made some early moves too.

i think the front office is trying to imply something by signing all these running backs, they want to get rid of Travis Henry. i think if they traded him they could get back that 2009 pick from the Jets (not from the Jets but another pick). his value is probably a 3rd round pick but they could milk it a bit and maybe squeeze a 2nd out of him.

There is no way we are going to trade Travis, we would get no value and he is a great back when hes healthy.
                    sigpic

Comment

I really dont like Henry and wish that we could just stick with all the young runningbacks we have now, but I dont see us trading him or getting rid of him. Nobody wants him and even if they did we wouldnt get much for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X