Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoken like one ...

Originally posted by eaglebronco View Post
    Henry will get injured and lay out half the season anyway. He should know by now that he's really not wanted in Denver. He's a loser in life.

... who knows his sheet.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
      Unfortuntately 99% of us don't know Travis Henry and his actions speak louder then his words.
      You don't have to be boy scout to play in the NFL or on the broncos cause no one's perfect but 9 kids from 9 different women,come on these are not two or three lives that are affected but 9 lives. Very irresponsible and the drugs showed how imature he was so it takes longer for the fan base to accept that he has changed.

I think if would have not gotten hurt and played a full season with good numbers we would not bet alking about Henry in this light.

Denver is trying to get away with the bad character guys and he might be one of them.
      So if this is such a horrid thing, only doing it too 3 kids would not be a problem ???? Quantity over Quality ?

I don't see his actions as abuse at all. Many kids grow up with out one or the other parent, Most don't get the benefit of big fat child support checks either. If anything these kids will probably have more opportunities then most. Child abuse, I laugh at this argument.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
        So if this is such a horrid thing, only doing it too 3 kids would not be a problem ???? Quantity over Quality ?
        I don't see his actions as abuse at all. Many kids grow up with out one or the other parent, Most don't get the benefit of big fat child support checks either. If anything these kids will probably have more opportunities then most. Child abuse, I laugh at this argument.
        Well first off leaving 1 kid to have no father is seen has a horrible action, the fact that he is doing that to 9 kids is even worse. Just because many kids do it doesnt mean its ok, I feel bad for all those other kids who dont have fathers, I was Lucky and my parents always stayed together so I can only imagine what it would be like to not have a father. Also with the world having more and more population problems having 9 kids alone is very questionable, but lets not get too deep into that subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
          Well first off leaving 1 kid to have no father is seen has a horrible action, the fact that he is doing that to 9 kids is even worse. Just because many kids do it doesnt mean its ok, I feel bad for all those other kids who dont have fathers, I was Lucky and my parents always stayed together so I can only imagine what it would be like to not have a father. Also with the world having more and more population problems having 9 kids alone is very questionable, but lets not get too deep into that subject.
          So when a father , or mother, joins the service and gets sent to war that's a horrible action ? Or is it just because he was being immature about it that's horrible, Because if its being immature then we are just saying his immaturity was horrible. If we are saying making a kid grow up with out one parent is horrible then the other is true. Life isn't perfect but living with only one parent isn't as bad as you seem to make it.

As far as the over population thing. If we do go their lets address that as a separate issue and see how many people think having big families is a bad thing. Remember, Separate ISSUE.

Now I don't think it's a good thing but it is what it is, and its not that bad. From the pot to the kids some people are blowing this out of proportion.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
            My father disappeared when I was 6. I can tell you that if what my family has told me, and what I can remember about him before he left is true then I was better off not having him around. I can also tell you that not knowing what happened to him is worse than knowing and having it turn out to be bad.

My mother was left to raise 4 of us. (My brothers, sister and myself.) Under the circumstance I think she did a good job as a single parent in the 70's-80's before it was commonplace. I did not have an easy time growing up. I had to get a job and help with the bills when I was old enough to get hired on. I worked every night and went to school since my freshman year in High School. I see kids today who have everything given to them without having to work for it, and I wonder how they will ever survive as adults when they don't have mommy, and daddy giving them everything.

The point is it is hard to say that those kids are better, or worse off. I may be an exception, but I don't use drugs, drink, I have never been arrested, or jailed for anything. Hell I have never even had a parking ticket (Knock on wood) and I am a textbook example of a kid who never had a father in my life.

It may be, because I had to work hard to build a life for myself, but I understand the value of what I earn. I don't wish my childhood on anyone, but I don't regret it either. No one can speak for those 9 children, or live their lives for them. Would they be better off if Henry stuck around? You cannot predict that either.

I can say for myself that I know for a fact I was better off not having my father around. No one should ever try to judge those situations when they are not directly involved.
            Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by Poindexter View Post

I can say for myself that I know for a fact I was better off not having my father around. No one should ever try to judge those situations when they are not directly involved.

this is a very good point. to often do the fans and media speculate about the situation. whats even funnier is that the majority of the time the fans and media are wrong but still we talk like we know whats going on

you are very correct!! without being in those situations, its not our place or buisness to judge henry. if he made mistakes as a father those are his shortcomings as a father and he will have to live with that.

our issue shouldnt be concerning ourselves with his personal life but supporting the fact he wanted to come back to denver and prove himself as a football player. unless he is commiting a unlawful crime, it quite frankly is none of our buisness how many kids he had and with who and how that situation came to light. what we should concern ourselves with is if he can make this football team a better next year and if he can contribute on the field in a way many of us know he can!!!

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                this is a very good point. to often do the fans and media speculate about the situation. whats even funnier is that the majority of the time the fans and media are wrong but still we talk like we know whats going on

you are very correct!! without being in those situations, its not our place or buisness to judge henry. if he made mistakes as a father those are his shortcomings as a father and he will have to live with that.

our issue shouldnt be concerning ourselves with his personal life but supporting the fact he wanted to come back to denver and prove himself as a football player. unless he is commiting a unlawful crime, it quite frankly is none of our buisness how many kids he had and with who and how that situation came to light. what we should concern ourselves with is if he can make this football team a better next year and if he can contribute on the field in a way many of us know he can!!!
                Thank you for being a voice of reason.

My issues with Henry are as follows.

He needs to block better.

His knees concern me.

His field vision is not what it was prior to coming to Denver.

Last year aside I think he can perform well if he can stay healthy. He lead the league in rushing early last season. There is no reason he can't get back to that level of performance. The question is will he stay healthy?
                Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by Poindexter View Post
                  Thank you for being a voice of reason.

My issues with Henry are as follows.

He needs to block better.

His knees concern me.

His field vision is not what it was prior to coming to Denver.

Last year aside I think he can perform well if he can stay healthy. He lead the league in rushing early last season. There is no reason he can't get back to that level of performance. The question is will he stay healthy?

i do think he needs to block better as well, and his vision was affected by other reasons as well. dont forget our o-line wasnt the greatest and had a very hard time keeping holes open. he isnt the long term answer by any means and i think he knows that but he is a veteran that should stay on this team. people forget quite quickly how bad the RB position takes a hit during the season. There were numerous teams forced to use even their 3rd string rb. We were 1 of them. I think even if he doesnt pull the starting position and torain or maybe even mike bell does(SELVIN WONT START THOSE ARE SHNNYS WORDS PEOPLE) he will be a good goal line situation and redzone back perhaps in the likes of bettis or soemthing.

if i had to guess that is what shanny has in mind and if torain can hack it and is healthy he may suprise alot of people on this forum and get the nod

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                    So when a father , or mother, joins the service and gets sent to war that's a horrible action ? Or is it just because he was being immature about it that's horrible, Because if its being immature then we are just saying his immaturity was horrible. If we are saying making a kid grow up with out one parent is horrible then the other is true. Life isn't perfect but living with only one parent isn't as bad as you seem to make it.

As far as the over population thing. If we do go their lets address that as a separate issue and see how many people think having big families is a bad thing. Remember, Separate ISSUE.

Now I don't think it's a good thing but it is what it is, and its not that bad. From the pot to the kids some people are blowing this out of proportion.
                    If a parent joins the service then he for starters he is probably still helping to support his family and they always call to stay in touch with their family. Also they arent gone forever, just when their time is up and the family is always very proud of the person in the military. I really dont see the comparison between the two.

Comment

• Quit being whiny lil bi**** the guy had 9 kids. GET OVER IT. There not your kids or even somewhat related to you for you to criticize what he does. You dont know what went on and why he left each women and what really happened. And until you do I suggest you quit acting like your all saints and saying this guy sucks just because hes had more kids than your average person.
                      sigpic
                      Props to Charger$ for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
                        If a parent joins the service then he for starters he is probably still helping to support his family and they always call to stay in touch with their family. Also they arent gone forever, just when their time is up and the family is always very proud of the person in the military. I really dont see the comparison between the two.
                        The comparison is, someone can be gone for years with little contact. It's not abusive. Also who said Travis doesn't talk to or support his kids at all ? We are all assuming worst case scenario with this guy and its unfair to do so.

You're correct in atacking that statment as it was the weakest statment I made in that post. But it's still valid.

Comment

Working...
                        X