Orange Mane-ers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Mane-ers...

It's been a pleasure having you guys around, post quality has gone way up the last week and a half. Hope you guys stick around, even when the site gets their server up.

- Ian

PS- I'm sure I'm speaking for most of the BCMB as well..
    I am Ian from BroncoTalk.net
    Official Member of Team:
    Champ Bailey and Lance Ball.

I haven't noticed a difference.

Comment

You wouldn't be saying that if Wolf, Majik, and Telluride were posting here....

Comment

I certainly don't mind seeing the OMers here....
        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I have not noticed a difference, but then again I have been away most of the week on logging on every once in awhile (compared to how much time I usually spend). So I guess my opinion would be skewed anyway!

Anyway I'm sure they have as many great posters and contributors on their site as we do here...that being said it's a pleasure having any Broncos fan around to talk about our favorite "professional" football team!

Thx,
          Joe
          To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
            I have not noticed a difference, but then again I have been away most of the week on logging on every once in awhile (compared to how much time I usually spend). So I guess my opinion would be skewed anyway!

Anyway I'm sure they have as many great posters and contributors on their site as we do here...that being said it's a pleasure having any Broncos fan around to talk about our favorite "professional" football team!

Thx,
            Joe
            Joe,

I've seen your posts and have admired the fact that you like to post about how new you are. I also admire that you are a Nuggets, Rockies and Broncos fan.

The problem with the message board, as far as I've observed, is it's getting younger. Love the younger posters, love the 14-16 year olds who have something to add to a conversation, but...

I'm not a fan when they get a little big for their britches, offering their "analysis" or "experience"... Really this guy's 15 and is starting Freshman on his Freshman team in Pueblo, CO. I could really give a $#!& what this kid thinks about Cutler's TD to INT ratio last season.

I'm not 40+ years old, matter of fact I'm 25, not an old man by any means. But the tweens have one taught me not to play games online against them and at the same time taught me to pay them no mind in message boards. Because they have no respect.

The Orange Maners are basically like a good ol' boys club, in my perception, good people, good fans...
            Official Member of Team:

Comment

The only thing I've noticed is the fact that the Orange Mane thread is always at top.

Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                Joe,

I've seen your posts and have admired the fact that you like to post about how new you are. I also admire that you are a Nuggets, Rockies and Broncos fan.

The problem with the message board, as far as I've observed, is it's getting younger. Love the younger posters, love the 14-16 year olds who have something to add to a conversation, but...

I'm not a fan when they get a little big for their britches, offering their "analysis" or "experience"... Really this guy's 15 and is starting Freshman on his Freshman team in Pueblo, CO. I could really give a $#!& what this kid thinks about Cutler's TD to INT ratio last season.

I'm not 40+ years old, matter of fact I'm 25, not an old man by any means. But the tweens have one taught me not to play games online against them and at the same time taught me to pay them no mind in message boards. Because they have no respect.

The Orange Maners are basically like a good ol' boys club, in my perception, good people, good fans...
                Amen to that statement!

Sometimes I wonder why I even have an X-box live account

Maybe it's because I'm a tad bit older. (Not too much older mind you) Just 30, but I find that I have a hard time even relating to many teenagers anymore.

I'm by no means a square, (Not that my being covered in tattoos would give off any other impression) I guess I'm just no Peter freakin Pan. I hear how disrespectful, and rude some brats can be and wonder what the hell happened. If I ever acted that way when I was that age my mother would have beat my ass. I guess alot of parents just don't care anymore.
                Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Some of the teens are great, and I hate to lump anyone young or old, but one of the biggest problems with the younger posters is that they typically have a very 'current' view of the Broncos and NFL, not even fully understanding the last 20+ year history, forget going even further back in Broncos history.

Understanding where the franchise has come from, what they have accomplished, and more importantly the ups and downs that other franchises have had compared to the Broncos over the last 20+, is important when putting things in 'perspective'.
                  The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator View Post
                    Some of the teens are great, and I hate to lump anyone young or old, but one of the biggest problems with the younger posters is that they typically have a very 'current' view of the Broncos and NFL, not even fully understanding the last 20+ year history, forget going even further back in Broncos history.

Understanding where the franchise has come from, what they have accomplished, and more importantly the ups and downs that other franchises have had compared to the Broncos over the last 20+, is important when putting things in 'perspective'.
                    For them it's not enough bitter with the sweet. Really, do they understand losing 1,2,3 or 4 Super Bowls in a row before winning 2 in a row. They only know the 2 wins in a row...
                    Official Member of Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Poindexter View Post
                      Amen to that statement!

Sometimes I wonder why I even have an X-box live account

Maybe it's because I'm a tad bit older. (Not too much older mind you) Just 30, but I find that I have a hard time even relating to many teenagers anymore.

I'm by no means a square, (Not that my being covered in tattoos would give off any other impression) I guess I'm just no Peter freakin Pan. I hear how disrespectful, and rude some brats can be and wonder what the hell happened. If I ever acted that way when I was that age my mother would have beat my ass. I guess alot of parents just don't care anymore.
                      haha, all the American Government needs to do is listen in on the X-box. They'd bring back the Parent's spanking kids thing in no time. I could kill the next 12 year old kid i hear calling me sucky when I'm beating him in Madden.
                      Official Member of Team:

Comment

haha, all the American Government needs to do is listen in on the X-box. They'd bring back the Parent's spanking kids thing in no time. I could kill the next 12 year old kid i hear calling me sucky when I'm beating him in Madden.
                        I wish "sucky" was the extent of what I usually hear out of those foul mouthed little. I have an ignore list as long as my arm on x-box from all the trash talking turds I come across.
                        Last edited by LordTrychon; 05-10-2008, 02:18 PM.

Comment

For them it's not enough bitter with the sweet. Really, do they understand losing 1,2,3 or 4 Super Bowls in a row before winning 2 in a row. They only know the 2 wins in a row...
                          Those superbowl losses were much worse than the current state of the broncos. I can see why those that havent experienced that are not patient. I like the Maners. They bring alot. The youngsters at broncomania have been very cool. They are just young, nothing wrong with that. Some of em are better posters than some of the grown ups.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange View Post
                            Those superbowl losses were much worse than the current state of the broncos. I can see why those that havent experienced that are not patient. I like the Maners. They bring alot. The youngsters at broncomania have been very cool. They are just young, nothing wrong with that. Some of em are better posters than some of the grown ups.
                            The average age on here dropped way down when so many of us old farts moved over to Bforums. While some of us post in both places, most post more over there than here. Combine that with the good marketing of the forum they have been doing on the Broncos home page, and it has resulted in a lot of new and young posters coming in to replace the older ones that have moved on.
                            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange View Post
                              I very strongly agree with this as well. After reading some of the retarded posts that crop up on here from time to time I have to think very hard about the last time one of these posts was written by one of the younger members.

Most of the posts I take issue with are written by people much older than even myself in retrospect.

Comment

Working...
                              X