Grade our "NEW" O-Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grade our "NEW" O-Line

After the draft and heading into training camp, some say our O-Line looks the most promising it has been in years.

Could this mean extra time in the pocket for Cutler and larger holes for the run game in 08 ?

How would you grade the o-line going into camp?
    A
    11.11%
    B
    58.73%
    C
    28.57%
    Other
    1.59%
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 05-12-2008, 08:26 AM.

Definite improvement in talent, but they still have to prove themselves. I'm anxious to see Clady perform in the pros.

Comment

I think a B. We did improve from last year IMO, but i want to see them hit soemone before I give them anything higher.
      CMack
      http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2042165

Comment

C+, we just have too many unknowns to be any better at present. We don't know who will be our LT, it looks like Clady but Harris, Pears and Kuper are all in the mix and Polumbus could come out of nowhere. Hamilton hasn't played football in more than 12 months, how effective is he going to be and will be able to play? Nalen is coming of an injury, will he be the old pro bowler we all know and love? how about RT, will Harris or Kuper beat out Pears or can he step up?

I think we have a lot of potential though, Clady is a huge talent and could become a very dominant LT, Hamilton when playing his game is a solid LG, Nalen is obviously a top C in the league, Holland is solid at RG and with Harris, Kuper and Pears we should be able to find a good RT.

Comment

i said c until i see these guys in pads and see who survives camp and preseason without injury its really up in the air,on a brighter note i would have given them a d- at the end of last year ,so obviously i think were going to be alot better at protecting jay and opening holes for henry/torain
          i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

Comment

i will probably say B to A- because the RT is unkown and our RG isn't the best. also we have a (monter) rookie at LT which may get doubts. Ben Hamilton is a great LG and although has been burdened by injuries he will come back strong and healthy this year. Tom Nalen, also burdened by injuries, is getting towards that retirement point but will make another run for it this year. this is our year, zone-blocking, gut running, air 'n it out, Lynched up, INT grabbing year.

if this o-line is set then our offense will produce and if our offense produces then our defense will have less pressure allowing their stress level to go down letting them have fun and if they have fun then they should be productive.
            --Representing the Broncos in the 605-- Adopted Bronco: Gerell Robinson

Comment

Its safe to say we improved but only time will tell on how much. Our success this year on offense depends on the offensive line. We are set at the skill positions but need better production from this group.

Comment

I think the Broncos have improved the OLine this year compared to last....

What I do like it seems we have better depth then in years past...The season ending injury bug has got to leave the Broncos alone for alteast one year..I also think the Broncos could have landed some blue chip players in both Kory Lichtensteiger and Tyler Polumbus.
                :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

We're a C, with the potential to improve to B before the start of the season.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBoy2012 View Post
                    i will probably say B to A- because the RT is unkown and our RG isn't the best.
                    Ummm, Holland was probably the best and most consistant performer on the OL last year.

Comment

For now I give it a C, it may change after I see the line in action.

I really want to see Clady in action...
                      sigpic

Every day I grew blinder.
                      Thought I was strong,
                      Didn't need nobody.
                      But the strongest river
                      It can't flow up hill.

Comment

I think it's way too soon to grade anyone.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Both lines are the key to our success this season. I just hope we stay healthy, we will be fine if we do.
                          sigpic

Comment

I couldnt grade the line. I dont even know who makes the team, much less who will be the starting five. I know 3 or 4 are locks to start if healthy but that still doesnt help me grade em.

Comment

Grading new O-line

This is of course IF our top players stay healthy! Nalen must stay healthy and play ALL season. The same goes for Hamilton! Clady and Harris must step up and be the tackles that our scouts said they should be. I also think Casey Wiegman will fill in nicely as the other guard too.

Comment

Working...
                              X