X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jay who ?
    replied
    Originally posted by SkinnyTony View Post
    Look, I think our line will be improved over last season but the talk of it being "great" or "dominant" is foolish hyperbole. We don't know how effective Nalen and Hamilton will be coming off injuries. We don't know how quickly Clady will adjust to the NFL game. The rest or our linemen are mediocre at best, and our line will still be smallish and struggle with the bigger, more physical front sevens in the league and be less effective in the red zone than outside it.

Let's just hope Cutler has more time than he had to throw the ball last year so they don't have to roll him out so often and they have more time to use his big arm to throw down the field more often.

And as for beating the Chargers and winning the division? Maybe we can hang with them but I don't think we beat them and we definitely don't take the division from them. Not this year. Still too many question marks and too much ground to make up.
    i hope i can rub this post in your face in december....not trying to start [email protected]# just hope your wrong. and i never count the broncos out if the chargers have 1/2 the injuries we had last year we could definately take back the div,even without that we still have a chance and you cant convince me otherwise....see ny giants,weve got as good a shot as they did if not better!

Leave a comment:

• tante_vasquez
    replied
    I think Hillis will have the most impact to the red zone. He is huge in the play action and can block pretty damn well.

Leave a comment:

• Lynch Mob72
    replied
    "Hes got all kinds of time"

Leave a comment:

• kona bronco
    replied
    Personally I wanted Brandon Alberts but am fine with Clady. If he is as good as everyone makes him out to be I'll write a full blown apollogy on here to him. Our line has gotten soft and improvements were needed. With the retirement of Lepsis we were in need of a LT we all hope that is Clady. Next we have at LG Hamilton comming off a season ending concussion. We all hope he is the player of old but realisticly he might be one head shot from retiring. His succsessor IMO would be Kuper but Kuper wants to start this year and might just win the RT spot. Good old Tom Malen is at center and returning from a torn bicep injury. Although hard to say this could be his final season. I was pushing for Steve Justice and got Kory L. I hope the broncos are right and I am wrong. At RG we got Mr. Holland who impressed me last season and I hope does the same this year. Now at RT it will be a fight between Kuper and Harris. The edge going to Kuper cause Shanny promised him a starting job on the line but Harris will be a decent back up and may move to RT if Hamilton goes down. Daniel Grahm is a monster TE that blocks witht the best of them and Hillis was a great blocking full back in school. If the line can gel their will be a vast improvement in our offense.

Leave a comment:

• Buckin' Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by SkinnyTony View Post
    Look, I think our line will be improved over last season but the talk of it being "great" or "dominant" is foolish hyperbole. We don't know how effective Nalen and Hamilton will be coming off injuries. We don't know how quickly Clady will adjust to the NFL game. The rest or our linemen are mediocre at best, and our line will still be smallish and struggle with the bigger, more physical front sevens in the league and be less effective in the red zone than outside it.

Let's just hope Cutler has more time than he had to throw the ball last year so they don't have to roll him out so often and they have more time to use his big arm to throw down the field more often.

And as for beating the Chargers and winning the division? Maybe we can hang with them but I don't think we beat them and we definitely don't take the division from them. Not this year. Still too many question marks and too much ground to make up.
    Anything can happen, pro football is the best sport in the world. All of what you said above can happen but have faith and believe in your team, through the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Leave a comment:

• SkinnyTony
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mopatt24
    replied
    I believe our o-line problems are were fixed, when we found out we're getting Nalen and Hamilton back. Kuper is really good, and Clady will start the left side. As long as they stay healthy, I think he'll have time in the pocket now.

Also, look for our running game to return to form with the addition of Clady. Lepsis never really returned to his old ways from his ACL tear a year ago.

Note to Bolt fans here: Whats with all the smack talk. Do you guys honestly believe we'll be any worse then last year. If you guys do, then you have to be like little kids with no knowledge of the sport. Plus, its only MAY. Come back in August

Leave a comment:

• Colorado69
    replied
    What else??

What else can the Chargers brag about???? Selecting Ryan Leaf with the second pick in the entire draft? The Chargers do have a very talented defense, but I think Minnesota taught them that an efficient O-Line with a good RB can stay right with them. They haven't won the big one because they don't have enough depth and their typical injuries hurt them nore than other teams. Of course thay still have the Mouth at QB. Both Rivers and LT had knee injuries and ya just never know how someone will recover. Look at TD. He was a ramblin' stud, then the knees were damaged. Norm will make just enough foolish decisions to keep the Chargers at home for the Super Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by CHRG4444 View Post
    Your O Line will have a tough time with our front seven. Clady and CO. are un proven in the NFL so its hard to say but i wouldnt bank on putting up big points up against our Defense. we were pretty good on D last year

as you should know ....6 points

Ouch... that hurts. And will continue to do so for awhile... too bad we can't change history to make that look a little prettier. Oh well, we'll hafta keep polishing our Lombardies as you... err..... well... it was just 6 points, right?

Leave a comment:

• Buckin' Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
    As we all know no QB can throw the ball with his back on the ground. Just ask Jamarcus Russell With the additions of multiple OL drafted in Clady, Polumbus, Lichtensteiger and Erickson. Add the return of Hamilton and Nalen with the proven blocking of Graham and a true blocking fullback in Hillis we should be able to give Cutler all the time in the world to throw the ball.

Our red zone production should increase and our offensive stats should continue to rise. Marshall, Jackson, Colbert, Stokley, Scheffler and Royal should have more than enough time to get open and spread the field.

How much better do you guys think our stats will improve this year?
    Can we stop San Deigos front seven?
    Can we have a dominate line again that will produce 1000 yard rushers year in and year out?
    Given the chance now to throw the ball can Cutler be everything we want him to be?

Damn I sure hope so!
    I hope so too! I'm really amped up for this season, I honestly believe that we have a much better team than last year! I just can't wait to see Cutler firing 20 yard bullets down the field come Monday night!

Leave a comment:

• jay who ?
    replied
    Originally posted by CHRG4444 View Post
    Your O Line will have a tough time with our front seven. Clady and CO. are un proven in the NFL so its hard to say but i wouldnt bank on putting up big points up against our Defense. we were pretty good on D last year

yeah yeah yeah....well "pretty good" might not be good enough next seasonif you think theres a remote chance the chargers will hold the broncos to 6 pts next season you better check your history i doubt they'll need a quarter to get 7 this season:

Leave a comment:

• CHRG4444
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jay who ?
    replied
    oh please lets not let this become a rivers thread!
    as to the op ,id say we will be much improved and have a legit shot at the division.there is no reason to think cutler will not be healthy,he played his heart out last year with complete fatigue and probably not all there mentally fighting the diabetes.and all indicaters are that brandon will be healed and ready by the start of camp
    i'd say the biggest questions will again be getting all the new guys to gel and hoping we get the running game going and keep it going
    and we will have a 1000 yd back....maybe two of um!

Leave a comment:

• jdubv724
    replied
    If Cutler and Marshall are improved at all next season we will be able to put up a fight against San Diego. I think we are much better everywhere else on the team. Cutler and Marshall are all im worried about. Screw San Diego, if our defense is in the top 15 in rush defense the Chargers wont do much against us. Phillip Rivers doesnt scare me one bit.

Leave a comment:

• Zealander
    replied
    If our line is as good as you say (and we all hope) it will be... and Marshall heals up nice and tight, along with Jay carrying the possibility of playing better now that we have found the cause for his weight loss and fatigue... I would say we could not only stop SD but put up big points on them. If we can run an effective offense against them, Brandon Marshall will be the game breaker. They don't have anybody who can cover him, Cromartie is great but Marshall will prove to be too physical - this can be said for a lot of teams.

Now being able to stop those guys on the other side of the ball - that is another story. I would say it's possible, with the changes we have made. But that's a good stretch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X