No announcement yet.

Intense Safety Battle/Kuper at RT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holland will be the starting RG for the Broncos barring any injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
      are u freakin serious? You obviously know nothing about football. You're pretty stupid...I said Lynch would be subbed out on passing situations, and what that means is if there are more than 3 WR's, 3rd or 4th down and more than 6 yards. Of course we're not gonna magically know when a team's going to pass. Damn your an idiot use your brain man. and also quit hatin' on Lynch he's the best safety we have and he's NOT a liability. We'll just simply sub him out on obvious passing situations...just like we did last season!
      HE IS NOT THE BEST SAFETY WE HAVE FOR ONE, FOR SECONDS 3RD AND 6 IS NOT A OBVIOUS PASSING DOWN, 3RD ALOT OF TEAMS ARE STARTING TO RUN 3 WIDE OUT SETS, 4TH WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE TEAM IS IN HURRY UP OFFENSES? AND LYNCH IS STUCK ON THE FIELD FOR BASICALLY A WHOLE DRIVE? YOU WANNA FLIP FLOP SAFETIES THEN ALSO? NOT TO MENTION HES DOIN NUTHIN BUT TAKIN UP HAMZAS NATURAL POSITION WHCH IS FS, AND I THINK HAMZA IS A EVERY DOWN SAFETY, HE HAS THE RANGE AND HE HAS THE TACKLING ABILITY

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutty6 View Post
        HE IS NOT THE BEST SAFETY WE HAVE FOR ONE, FOR SECONDS 3RD AND 6 IS NOT A OBVIOUS PASSING DOWN, 3RD ALOT OF TEAMS ARE STARTING TO RUN 3 WIDE OUT SETS, 4TH WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE TEAM IS IN HURRY UP OFFENSES? AND LYNCH IS STUCK ON THE FIELD FOR BASICALLY A WHOLE DRIVE? YOU WANNA FLIP FLOP SAFETIES THEN ALSO? NOT TO MENTION HES DOIN NUTHIN BUT TAKIN UP HAMZAS NATURAL POSITION WHCH IS FS, AND I THINK HAMZA IS A EVERY DOWN SAFETY, HE HAS THE RANGE AND HE HAS THE TACKLING ABILITY
        He is the best safety on our roster factually, but apparantely not in your opinion...and I dont care about your opinion.

Also...your second statement I highlighted proves you know nothing about football. Hamza struggles with form tackling...you obviously didn't see the game vs. the Texans when he missed an easy open field tackle on Owen Daniels. He's a pretty bad tackler, but his speed would make him the ideal free safety and Barrett, with his amazing physical abilities, could make a star strong safety.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Who really cares who starts at the safety position?

The only thing matter is the game situation.

If it's 3rd and 10, Lynch is likely to be on the sidelines watching.

If it's 3rd and 1, Lynch is probably up in the box to stop the run.

Who cares who starts. You want to match up players with there strengths, and take them away with their weaknesses.

Comment

He is the best safety on our roster factually, but apparantely not in your opinion...and I dont care about your opinion.

Also...your second statement I highlighted proves you know nothing about football. Hamza struggles with form tackling...you obviously didn't see the game vs. the Texans when he missed an easy open field tackle on Owen Daniels. He's a pretty bad tackler, but his speed would make him the ideal free safety and Barrett, with his amazing physical abilities, could make a star strong safety.
            NO YOUR PRETTY CRAZY, IVE SEEN GREATS WIFF ON TACKLES LIKE THAT BEFORE, IT HAPPENS, IT ONLY HAPPENED TO HIM ONE TIME AND HE WAS STILL PLAYING OUT OF POSITION DUDE, GET HIM COMFORTABLE, HE CAN TACKLE HIS AZZ OFF. PLAYING THE FREE SAFETY SPOT WOULD BE DEADLY, BARRETT IS A LIL MORE PHYSICAL AND BIGGER THAN HAMZA,

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutty6 View Post
              NO YOUR PRETTY CRAZY, IVE SEEN GREATS WIFF ON TACKLES LIKE THAT BEFORE, IT HAPPENS, IT ONLY HAPPENED TO HIM ONE TIME AND HE WAS STILL PLAYING OUT OF POSITION DUDE, GET HIM COMFORTABLE, HE CAN TACKLE HIS AZZ OFF. PLAYING THE FREE SAFETY SPOT WOULD BE DEADLY, BARRETT IS A LIL MORE PHYSICAL AND BIGGER THAN HAMZA,
              that's why Barrett would be the ideal Strong Safety, and WHY ARE YOU WRITING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS? I'M NOT BLIND I CAN READ AND HONESTLY IT'S GETTING ANNOYING

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=broncos SB2010;2203036] I agree with the post that says Woodyard will most likely stay at LB but I realy think he would be awesome at safety. At 6'1 227he would be a big hitter in the secondary. In a few years with him and barrett at safety we might get close to the good old days with the best safety tandem in the league with atwater and denis smith.QUOTE]

Ok look I get that they are good prospects...BUT thats all they are right now. Dont get me wrong nobody would love for that to happen more than me BUT how can you even say that!? One is a 7th round pick and the other is an UDRFA that we picked up. I love both the pick and the signing but they havent even been to 1 NFL camp yet. So to say "In a few years with him and barrett at safety we might get close to the good old days with the best safety tandem in the league with atwater and denis smith" is pretty ridiculas.
                sigpic

Comment

Let's get our line back to what it needs....fast, nimble, agile, athletic o-lineman. Holland and Pears are the opposite and had me scratching my head when they started on the right side of the line.

Clady, Hamilton, Nalen, Kuper, Harris

all are speed lineman who could potentially get our running game back into the top 5 again. We're wasting our time with Holland and Pears, both are slow mauler time lineman like George Foster, and we all know how George Foster worked out in Denver.

sigpic

Comment

GetLynched and JayCutty take to it smack talk boards, ya'll are gettin annoyin.

LT=Clady
                    LG=Hamilton
                    C=Nalen
                    RG=Holland
                    RT=Kuper(as part of my 2008 bold prediction, I have to say that Tyler Polumbus will start here or at RG by the end of the year)
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Let's get our line back to what it needs....fast, nimble, agile, athletic o-lineman. Holland and Pears are the opposite and had me scratching my head when they started on the right side of the line.

Clady, Hamilton, Nalen, Kuper, Harris

all are speed lineman who could potentially get our running game back into the top 5 again. We're wasting our time with Holland and Pears, both are slow mauler time lineman like George Foster, and we all know how George Foster worked out in Denver.
                      Holland will be starting at RT. I don't care if your not used to him. He probably was our beset offensive linemen, and lets face it... we finally have someone who can "beef" up with the newer generation of "beefy" DT's.

We don't need FAST offensive linemen. No. We need sound offensive linemen, and Holland showed that last year with his ability to pull to the left side and run behind Lepsis, and ALSO getting to the second level.

Comment

[QUOTE=Caliraiderhater;2203301]
                        Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        I agree with the post that says Woodyard will most likely stay at LB but I realy think he would be awesome at safety. At 6'1 227he would be a big hitter in the secondary. In a few years with him and barrett at safety we might get close to the good old days with the best safety tandem in the league with atwater and denis smith.QUOTE]

Ok look I get that they are good prospects...BUT thats all they are right now. Dont get me wrong nobody would love for that to happen more than me BUT how can you even say that!? One is a 7th round pick and the other is an UDRFA that we picked up. I love both the pick and the signing but they havent even been to 1 NFL camp yet. So to say "In a few years with him and barrett at safety we might get close to the good old days with the best safety tandem in the league with atwater and denis smith" is pretty ridiculas.
                        Just hoping for the future. Hamza is the only safety we have that might be with us for any length of time. Lynch and all the FA we got are older and won't be with us long even if thru training camp for maybe one of them. That leaves us with woodyard and barrett to plan for future starters. They are both big, physical players. yes...they are just potentials now but what's wrong with a little wishful thinking? That's all any of us can do at this point until the season actually starts.
                        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=broncos SB2010;2203372]
                          Originally posted by Caliraiderhater View Post

Just hoping for the future. Hamza is the only safety we have that might be with us for any length of time. Lynch and all the FA we got are older and won't be with us long even if thru training camp for maybe one of them. That leaves us with woodyard and barrett to plan for future starters. They are both big, physical players. yes...they are just potentials now but what's wrong with a little wishful thinking? That's all any of us can do at this point until the season actually starts.
                          exactly, McCree and Manuel were just quick fixes to get us through this season. They're gone after the season IMO and Abdullah is free to take the FS position with Woodyard, and Barrett fighting for the SS position. Aren't Manuel and McCree on one-year contracts?

sigpic

Comment

I think most of you guys are selling Holland a bit short. We're still employing the ZBS system but Shanahan recognizes we don't have quite as mobile QB and our pass protection has suffered due to undersized lineman and the scheme. He's publicly stated he wants to beef up the line a little and that's exactly what Holland brings. Considering last year was Hollands first in a zbs I believe we will see even more improvement with his play this year- I expect him to be here for a while.

It's not that we've always searched for undersized lineman, more that we've searched for athletic lineman and they just happen to occupy smaller frames. Without the benefit of high draft picks year in and year out (typically where elite, large and athletic lineman are picked) we've been forced to go FA or develop talent that fit our mold where we could.

Shannahan always makes a deception or two regarding his draft strategy. His statement of not paying a 1st round pick money to sit the bench the first year led a lot of people to believe a 1st round O-lineman was out of the question considering he traditionally seasons his lineman a year or two before they see playing time. Essentially Clady will be starting on the line either on the left or the right. Kuper is too good to sit for the year so I think the lineup will look like this barring injury-

Lt- Clady
                            Lg- Hamilton
                            C- Nalen
                            Rg- Holland
                            Rt- Kuper

I think Pears is gone after the year with Harris taking the reins as resident backup. Weigman could see time at guard or center if we see injuries to either of those positions.

Comment

[QUOTE=getlynched47;2203381]
                              Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post

exactly, McCree and Manuel were just quick fixes to get us through this season. They're gone after the season IMO and Abdullah is free to take the FS position with Woodyard, and Barrett fighting for the SS position. Aren't Manuel and McCree on one-year contracts?

I think with McCree, it's a 1 year tryout to see if he's worth another contract. A stopgap indeed, but I can see him taking over Lynchs role next season and getting a mulitiple year deal if he performs up to expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
                                I think most of you guys are selling Holland a bit short. We're still employing the ZBS system but Shanahan recognizes we don't have quite as mobile QB and our pass protection has suffered due to undersized lineman and the scheme. He's publicly stated he wants to beef up the line a little and that's exactly what Holland brings. Considering last year was Hollands first in a zbs I believe we will see even more improvement with his play this year- I expect him to be here for a while.

It's not that we've always searched for undersized lineman, more that we've searched for athletic lineman and they just happen to occupy smaller frames. Without the benefit of high draft picks year in and year out (typically where elite, large and athletic lineman are picked) we've been forced to go FA or develop talent that fit our mold where we could.

Shannahan always makes a deception or two regarding his draft strategy. His statement of not paying a 1st round pick money to sit the bench the first year led a lot of people to believe a 1st round O-lineman was out of the question considering he traditionally seasons his lineman a year or two before they see playing time. Essentially Clady will be starting on the line either on the left or the right. Kuper is too good to sit for the year so I think the lineup will look like this barring injury-

Lt- Clady
                                Lg- Hamilton
                                C- Nalen
                                Rg- Holland
                                Rt- Kuper

I think Pears is gone after the year with Harris taking the reins as resident backup. Weigman could see time at guard or center if we see injuries to either of those positions.
                                what are you talking about? Cutler is more mobile than Jake Plummer was and more mobile than Brian Griese. Cutler is no Vince Young, but he's a very, very athletic, mobile QB

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X