Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intense Safety Battle/Kuper at RT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    [QUOTE=91bronco;2203411]
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post


    I think with McCree, it's a 1 year tryout to see if he's worth another contract. A stopgap indeed, but I can see him taking over Lynchs role next season and getting a mulitiple year deal if he performs up to expectations.
    you think so? I would say Abdullah gets Lynch's starting position after he retires. I would say if McCree is here, he'll battle with Woodyard and Barrett for SS


    sigpic


    FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



    :cool:

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
      what are you talking about? Cutler is more mobile than Jake Plummer was and more mobile than Brian Griese. Cutler is no Vince Young, but he's a very, very athletic, mobile QB
      That's where you are wrong. Are you kidding me?

      There is a reason they called Plummer "Jake the snake."

      He slithers his way out of trouble, one of the reason the first couple years he played here the sack totals were pretty low compared to the rest of the league.

      Jay Cutler isn't a statue, but he isn't MORE mobile then Plummer.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
        That's where you are wrong. Are you kidding me?

        There is a reason they called Plummer "Jake the snake."

        He slithers his way out of trouble, one of the reason the first couple years he played here the sack totals were pretty low compared to the rest of the league.

        Jay Cutler isn't a statue, but he isn't MORE mobile then Plummer.
        he slithered his way outta trouble because he is smaller than Cutler. 6'1, 22X lbs. Cutler is 6'3 233 lbs and can't slither. However Cutler probably runs the 40 a little faster and is definately a lot stronger


        sigpic


        FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



        :cool:

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
          he slithered his way outta trouble because he is smaller than Cutler. 6'1, 22X lbs. Cutler is 6'3 233 lbs and can't slither. However Cutler probably runs the 40 a little faster and is definately a lot stronger
          That's where you're wrong again!

          Having a faster 40 time has nothing to do with being mobile. That's pure speed... not mobility. Please, don't even add in the height factor. (Randall Cunningham).

          Plummer has excellent footwork. From his college days (And his famous Rose Bowl game where he scattered like crazy), to the Cardinals, and finally to the Broncos.

          Don't even try to argue that Jay is more mobile than Plummer, because he is not.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
            That's where you're wrong again!

            Having a faster 40 time has nothing to do with being mobile. That's pure speed... not mobility. Please, don't even add in the height factor. (Randall Cunningham).

            Plummer has excellent footwork. From his college days (And his famous Rose Bowl game where he scattered like crazy), to the Cardinals, and finally to the Broncos.

            Don't even try to argue that Jay is more mobile than Plummer, because he is not.
            Yeah Jay is an underrated scrambling QB but that was Plummer's best attribute.
            sigpic
            Sig by Blondie79

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
              That's where you're wrong again!

              Having a faster 40 time has nothing to do with being mobile. That's pure speed... not mobility. Please, don't even add in the height factor. (Randall Cunningham).

              Plummer has excellent footwork. From his college days (And his famous Rose Bowl game where he scattered like crazy), to the Cardinals, and finally to the Broncos.

              Don't even try to argue that Jay is more mobile than Plummer, because he is not.

              Exactly, 40 times aren't everything especially in the pocket as a QB. There's that little something extra, the clock in a QB's head, thats known as pocket presence. Plummer was one of the best, if not the best in that regard. The Broncos have acknowledged it and that is why we see the push for bigger bodies that hold up a bit better in pass protection.

              Great post- cp coming your way...

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
                Exactly, 40 times aren't everything especially in the pocket as a QB. There's that little something extra, the clock in a QB's head, thats known as pocket presence. Plummer was one of the best, if not the best in that regard. The Broncos have acknowledged it and that is why we see the push for bigger bodies that hold up a bit better in pass protection.

                Great post- cp coming your way...
                Not the best, Fran Tarkenton's got ya there.
                sigpic
                Sig by Blondie79

                Comment


                • #38
                  I will rephrase that- the best of active QB's when Plummer actually played football and not handball LOL

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

                    you think so? I would say Abdullah gets Lynch's starting position after he retires. I would say if McCree is here, he'll battle with Woodyard and Barrett for SS

                    I see McCree as the same type of player as Lynch- Veteran, strong against the run but limited skillset for coverage duties and on the downside of his career. It's very possible we see McCree and Abdullah as our starting safeties next year with Barrett and a draft pick as backups/eventual replacements. McCree would bring veteran leadership to a very young safety group.

                    From what I hear about next years safety class they are bigger, faster, elite and a lot deeper than this years class. Bank on us picking up a safety in next years draft somewhere.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Even at 36 years old, John Lynch is a better option than Hamza Abdullah, and he didn't take a paycut to come back and play in goal line situations.

                      Lynch may be on the down side of his career, but Abdullah isn't exactly a complete player either, and it's possible that neither if them are in the Broncos long range plans. Abdullah's role with the Broncos is just as uncertain as Lynch's, if not more.

                      The Broncos thought so much of Abdullah that they gave him a one year/7th round tender offer, and then went out and brought in three more safeties, the rest of the league thought so much of him that they apparently didn't offer him a damn thing. Some teams needing safeties had multiple 7th round picks, the Bears (Archuleta was just cut and Mike Brown is never healthy) had five (I believe)!......yet no offer for Abdullah.

                      Everything Lynch does bring to the table far out-weighs what little improvement Abdullah offers in athletic ability. Abdullah is a nice player, but Lynch would have to have a significant drop off from last year to lose his starting job to him.

                      As far as Kuper is concerned, if Shanahan did in fact say that he wants him somewhere in the starting lineup, maybe he should leave him at LG. If Kuper made the strides that Shanahan apparently said he did, leave him where he is, let him compete with Hamilton and quit assuming all 22 starters are going to make it through 16 games uninjured.

                      Chances are the Broncos will sustain an injury along the Oline somewhere during the season, and when the happens, depending on who wins the starting jobs, Kuper or Hamilton will be the first one off the bench for an interior lineman. And Harris, Pears or Clady will be the first one off he bench for the tackle spot.

                      Personally, I'm hoping Kuper is the future at LG, leaving him there to compete with Hamilton would foster better continuity and improve the chances of a seamless transition when/if somebody goes down.

                      Same goes for Clady, Harris and Pears at the tackle position......
                      Last edited by stnzed; 05-13-2008, 05:20 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                        That's where you're wrong again!

                        Having a faster 40 time has nothing to do with being mobile. That's pure speed... not mobility. Please, don't even add in the height factor. (Randall Cunningham).

                        Plummer has excellent footwork. From his college days (And his famous Rose Bowl game where he scattered like crazy), to the Cardinals, and finally to the Broncos.

                        Don't even try to argue that Jay is more mobile than Plummer, because he is not.
                        the only arguement one could make is jay is better at moving around in the pocket. and actually i think it is true, but when it came to scrambling and making something out of nothing with their feet plummer has him beat

                        hey that rhymed
                        sigpic
                        -------

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Sorry but if Abdullah was better than John Lynch why was Lynch in the pro bowl and Hamaz home watching him play. Lynch is our best saftey and as the pro bowl selection states one of the best in the AFC. Why dont you just say Foxworth is a better CB than Champ, because Champ is a pro bowl CB.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Lynch is the man. I only wish he had a few more years in him, but I'll be happy with whatever he can give us from here on out.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                              Sorry but if Abdullah was better than John Lynch why was Lynch in the pro bowl and Hamaz home watching him play. Lynch is our best saftey and as the pro bowl selection states one of the best in the AFC. Why dont you just say Foxworth is a better CB than Champ, because Champ is a pro bowl CB.
                              ok really bringing up probowls is a terrible way of arguing that

                              yes lynch is better than abdullah but lynch did not deserve his pro bowl invite this year and i think most fans know that
                              sigpic
                              -------

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                                ok really bringing up probowls is a terrible way of arguing that

                                yes lynch is better than abdullah but lynch did not deserve his pro bowl invite this year and i think most fans know that
                                Really because ain't it the fans, coaches and sports writers who vote for who goes to the pro bowl. I'm mean this aint a popularity contest is it. Did John get a pro bowl selection on good looks or his playing ability. Granted Bob Sanders was injured but it still makes Mr. Lynch a top saftey to be invited dosen't it?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X