Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
      If Nalen can not keep it going, I see:

LT Clady
      LG Harris
      C Hamilton
      RG Holland
      RT Kuper
      No way Harris plays a guard position when he's more natural at the tackle.

The same thing can be said for Kuper. Just switch them around.

Comment

Wow there are so many things to say at once!

First off, John Lynch is not the best safety on the Broncos' roster. If that had been said three years ago, then yes he was the best, but his age has caught up with him. He flat out sucks in pass coverage, I hate to sound so upfront but it's true, and that is a necessity in today's NFL. Sure he is good in run support but that just doesn't cut it. Hamza Abdullah is better in coverage and is also very strong in run support. It was his first year as a starter so he has had an offseason to reflect back and improve his tackling and overall game. Look for Abdullah to possibly move over, or else McCree who is also decent in coverage and strong in the run to take Lynch's place. The only all-pro attribute Lynch still brings to the table is leadership, and that is the only way he will keep his starting job.

Cutler IS a better mobile quarterback than Jake Plummer. The reason I say this is because for every great play Jake made by escaping the pocket, he did something extremely stupid... such as the left-handed pass or the snow game against Oakland where he made a great move by ducking under two defenders only to throw an interception. Cutler on the other hand has yet to make a bad play on the run. He throws back across the field with perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
          Cutler IS a better mobile quarterback than Jake Plummer. The reason I say this is because for every great play Jake made by escaping the pocket, he did something extremely stupid... such as the left-handed pass or the snow game against Oakland where he made a great move by ducking under two defenders only to throw an interception. Cutler on the other hand has yet to make a bad play on the run. He throws back across the field with perfection.
          What?

That's ludicrous to say!

Jake Plummer is a better MOBILE quarterback then Jay Cutler.

Throwing has nothing to do with it. Mobility in the NFL is really the "art of escaping."

What the hell does throwing have to do with anything? Yeah, you pointed out a bonehead pass from Jake... Yet you ask any of the commentators and fans who watch Plummer, you KNOW that he's a better quarterback on the RUN.

Why do you think we ran so many boot legs for Jake? Because he liked the name of the play?

No.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
            Why do you think we ran so many boot legs for Jake? Because he liked the name of the play?
            Because that's the only thing he could do

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
              Because that's the only thing he could do
              Well you answered my point.

Plummer is more/better mobile than Cutler, and that's why we ran so many boots.

Plummer absolutely sucked with the drop step pass.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBoy2012 View Post
                Welsey Woodyard is most likely going to stay at OLB and for now work on SP. Marlon Mcree and Hamza Abdullah will most likely battle for SS because they are, for now, the better safeties other than John Lynch. when Lynch retires Mcree will probably take his spot and Adullah will most like take SS. don't forget that Barrett is gonna be trying to seperate himself from the pack.

IMO Chris Kuper might duke-it-out with Montrae Holland at RG because although Holland had a decent year he could be upgraded. Ryan Harris, who has been signified by analysts to be bad pick last year, has progressed also. Erik Pears might have a leg up on him now but by Sept. i believe Harris will be our RT.
                I am sorry to disagree. Harris did not see enough of the field for anyone to say he has progressed. Progression occurs when you beat someone out for a job or at a minimum you start taking away SOME of someone else's playing time. It is quite a reach to believe he will be our RT and displace either Holland or Kuper from the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                  Really because ain't it the fans, coaches and sports writers who vote for who goes to the pro bowl. I'm mean this aint a popularity contest is it. Did John get a pro bowl selection on good looks or his playing ability. Granted Bob Sanders was injured but it still makes Mr. Lynch a top saftey to be invited dosen't it?

Actually...

People that vote just see the name Lynch and recognize it with his highlight hits so they click him.

All-Pro is what matters. That is voted on by the coaches if Im not mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                    Plummer absolutely sucked with the drop step pass.
                    I agree

When I look at the record books for most yards by a Broncos QB in a single season I see Plummer

I never liked Plummer 13-3,10-6 If you are a Plummer fan please.. I dont mean to start a riot here I just never liked him at all..

I was just agreeing to what B4 posted Send all negs his way plz
                    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

JLynch a Leader

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                      are u freakin serious? You obviously know nothing about football. You're pretty stupid...I said Lynch would be subbed out on passing situations, and what that means is if there are more than 3 WR's, 3rd or 4th down and more than 6 yards. Of course we're not gonna magically know when a team's going to pass. Damn your an idiot use your brain man. and also quit hatin' on Lynch he's the best safety we have and he's NOT a liability. We'll just simply sub him out on obvious passing situations...just like we did last season!
                      Whoa, dude, you need to back away from the red bulls and breathe! This character flaw of you continually calling people out of their names makes you look like some kind of spoil brat, grow up! Anyway, Lynch is a great saftey, a leader, and value to this team, What his role will be shall be revealed in training camp. Broncos have young, talented, durable safties on board ready to perform. He will definitely be in a battle for playing time, maybe even a roster spot, but it will be a battle he will come prepared to fight.

Comment

If Nalen can not keep it going, I see:

LT Clady
                        LG Harris
                        C Hamilton
                        RG Holland
                        RT Kuper
                        That doesn't make any sense. Why in the world would Harris play guard? Especially when Kuper has starting experience at guard and Harris has practiced as a tackle?
                        KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BF_forever View Post
                          Actually...

People that vote just see the name Lynch and recognize it with his highlight hits so they click him.

All-Pro is what matters. That is voted on by the coaches if Im not mistaken
                          Two thirds of the vote for the pro-bowl comes from coaches and safeties and most of the love Lynch gets is from them because he plays with incredible discipline.
                          KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                            That doesn't make any sense. Why in the world would Harris play guard? Especially when Kuper has starting experience at guard and Harris has practiced as a tackle?
                            Meh.

If it turns out they both demonstrate the skill sets for those spots, and Kuper can provide superior play at RT, so be it. Switching from T to G is hardly an enormous task.

Still, you being right about it not working is the odds on favorite.

My guess would be that if Kuper is a dominant tackle in camps, he'll get that right spot, and if Nalen DOES go down, Weigman will be the bandaid at C or G until they can get the training wheels off Harris. Inserting him as a first year starter to help compensate for another first year starter ALL ON THE BLIND SIDE OF YOUR LINE isn't particularly a recipe for success.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                              Meh.

If it turns out they both demonstrate the skill sets for those spots, and Kuper can provide superior play at RT, so be it. Switching from T to G is hardly an enormous task.

Still, you being right about it not working is the odds on favorite.

My guess would be that if Kuper is a dominant tackle in camps, he'll get that right spot, and if Nalen DOES go down, Weigman will be the bandaid at C or G until they can get the training wheels off Harris. Inserting him as a first year starter to help compensate for another first year starter ALL ON THE BLIND SIDE OF YOUR LINE isn't particularly a recipe for success.
                              IMO, there is no way Harris can play RT. He was projected as a LT or G when he was drafted. Wiegman, I doubt even makes it out of camp. Kuper played both G and OT in college and the fact that he had the edge over Harris at LT before Clady was selected makes me believe that he has been working out at OT some anyways.

If Harris is ever going to break the starting lineup, it will be at LG. I really didn't like the Harris pick last year anyways, but if he is ever going to be more than a backup (and that may be all he is) it will be at the G spot. Harris has had a year to digest the system, otherwise I would put Lichtensteiger in his spot.

Either way, I think Kuper goes to RT and is kept there for the long haul. Yes he will have to beat out Pears, but with Erik being a FA next year, Kuper has an advantage if we look to get continuity going on the Oline.

Hamilton at C makes sense if Nalen can not go as he knows the system better than anyone else except Nalen. Our center needs to make the line calls, so why have an inferior player such as Wiegman (I may be wrong, but I think he is on his last leg) who does not have the grasp that Hamilton does. a missed blocking call can result in a sack the same way a missed block can. Hamilton was always the heir apparent anyways.

None of this will not really matter unless Nalen gets hurt. Shanny has shown that he will stick with a guy based on past performance anyways (see Lepsis). So even if Nails is 50% of his former self he will start all year....it's a loyalty thing.

This is what happens when you do not spend high draft picks on the Oline. We are just now starting to get back to having 5 capable starters. Holland turned out to be a life saving signing last year, without him we would have been in serious trouble in 2007. Hopefully, Lichtensteiger turns out better than I think he will and gives us 5 good guys moving forward (that is if Hamilton's head is ok). Otherwise we will need to draft another OT/G high next year.
                              Last edited by Cutler2007; 05-14-2008, 06:16 AM.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

IMO, there is no way Harris can play RT. He was projected as a LT or G when he was drafted. Wiegman, I doubt even makes it out of camp. Kuper played both G and OT in college and the fact that he had the edge over Harris at LT before Clady was selected makes me believe that he has been working out at OT some anyways.

If Harris is ever going to break the starting lineup, it will be at LG. I really didn't like the Harris pick last year anyways, but if he is ever going to be more than a backup (and that may be all he is) it will be at the G spot. Harris has had a year to digest the system, otherwise I would put Lichtensteiger in his spot.

Either way, I think Kuper goes to RT and is kept there for the long haul. Yes he will have to beat out Pears, but with Erik being a FA next year, Kuper has an advantage if we look to get continuity going on the Oline.

Hamilton at C makes sense if Nalen can not go as he knows the system better than anyone else except Nalen. Our center needs to make the line calls, so why have an inferior player such as Wiegman (I may be wrong, but I think he is on his last leg) who does not have the grasp that Hamilton does. a missed blocking call can result in a sack the same way a missed block can. Hamilton was always the heir apparent anyways.

None of this will not really matter unless Nalen gets hurt. Shanny has shown that he will stick with a guy based on past performance anyways (see Lepsis). So even if Nails is 50% of his former self he will start all year....it's a loyalty thing.

This is what happens when you do not spend high draft picks on the Oline. We are just now starting to get back to having 5 capable starters. Holland turned out to be a life saving signing last year, without him we would have been in serious trouble in 2007. Hopefully, Lichtensteiger turns out better than I think he will and gives us 5 good guys moving forward (that is if Hamilton's head is ok). Otherwise we will need to draft another OT/G high next year.
                                Why is it you feel so strongly that Harris couldn't play RT?

Comment

Working...
                                X