Where do the Broncos finish - NON HOMERS ONLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do the Broncos finish - NON HOMERS ONLY

no superbowl or undefeated responses. Realistically where do you see the broncos finishing. Granted they appear to have gotten better on paper in my mind, but they are ranked 23rd in the newest power ranking, which means they in the "experts" eyes, we have gotten 2 spots worse after our offseason. If we play out the season as they predict then we finish with a top 10 draft pick (number 9 pick) for the first time in over a decade.

Now looking at our schedule:

@ Oakland (L - I think we start out shaky with a bad day from our o-line)
    San Diego (L - too much talent)
    New Orleans (W - only reason we win is because we are at home)
    @ Kansas City (W - Kansas City isn't the team they used to be at home)
    Tampa Bay (W - Tampa is still growing as a team)
    Jacksonville (L - all star defense)
    @ New England (L - We have their number, but not this time)
    Miami (W - no explanation needed)
    @ Cleveland (L - Anderson has another big year)
    @ Atlanta (W - it's Atlanta)
    Oakland (W - we win at home this time and have payback from opening day)
    @ New York (L - on the road against that D-line)
    Kansas City (W - sweep them this season)
    @ Carolina (W - they aren't the team they used to be)
    Buffalo (L - payback from last season)
    @ San Diego (L - The only reason we don't win is they play for Home Field Adv)

so looking at my predictions we finish 8-8, we should be good but not nearly enough for the playoffs and looking at somewhere around 15 - 18th best in the NFL. My big worry is an early season loss at Kansas City and we might be looking at a 1-3 start of the season and then all bets are off.

Looking at the offense, we have so many ????

? - Will Cutler respond to treatment
    ? - Does our RBs stay healthy
    ? - Does the new o-line gel together
    ? - Does Marshall's arm get better

On defense

? - Is Robertson healthy enough to play
    ? - who starts at MLB
    ? - Can the safeties perform at a high level

ST

? - can the unit block & cover as a team
    ? - do we finally have an explosive returner

I think some of these questions were addressed during the draft and free agency, but we have a lot of unproven talent on this team that is going to really need to work in order for us to become successful. What does everyone else see our record as?
    Goal Line Blitz - It's not a game, It's an addiction.... Proud owner of the Mile High Gladiators and GM of the Mile High Mustangs

@ Oakland win, they still cant stop the run
    San Diego win, they are coming off injuries and will start slow, we will start strong
    New Orleans win
    @ Kansas City win, all rookies
    Tampa Bay win
    Jacksonville lose, their defense and run game
    @ New England lose, away game, still great team
    Miami (W - no explanation needed) agree
    @ Cleveland win, they won't be the same as last year
    Oakland win, see previous game
    @ New York (L - on the road against that D-line) agree
    Kansas City (W - sweep them this season) agree
    Buffalo win

that puts us at 12-4
    sigpic

Comment

If we can make it past the 1st half of our season at .500 I think we've got a pretty realistic shot at making the playoffs via the wild card. 9-7 or 10-6 with a 2nd place finish in the AFC West. San Diego through New England looks to be a pretty tough stretch but the 2nd half of the season looks pretty winable.

Comment

I wont try and guess who we win against or who we lose against, but realistically I see us about 9-7 MAYBE 10-6

Playoffs are a push, I don't expect them to make it, but then again it rides on the 9-7 or the 10-6.

Go Broncos
        Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

I see anywhere between 7-9 to 11-5. Who knows? There are to many unknowns with out team and the other teams. I think we will have a improved team than last years. Simply because our younger guys are getting better.

Comment

I like the range response by bleedbluorange. If we answered a lot of those ? then we do better if we didn't then our record will be worse.
            Goal Line Blitz - It's not a game, It's an addiction.... Proud owner of the Mile High Gladiators and GM of the Mile High Mustangs

Comment

I think we have good players but are lacking being team players. I think the Broncos will search for their identity so early season wins are a must. If they fail at this they will not make the playoffs and will place third in the division.

-Homer
              The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

Comment

Originally posted by tante_vasquez View Post
                Looking at the offense, we have so many ????

? - Will Cutler respond to treatment
                ? - Does our RBs stay healthy
                ? - Does the new o-line gel together
                ? - Does Marshall's arm get better

On defense

? - Is Robertson healthy enough to play
                ? - who starts at MLB
                ? - Can the safeties perform at a high level

ST

? - can the unit block & cover as a team
                ? - do we finally have an explosive returner
                I think we can go anywhere from a 7-9 team up to a 12-4 team. We just don't know how certain things are going to work out.

Keep in mind, we were BAD in my mind last year....yet we still were in it. We really shouldn't have lost the GB and Chicago games. Then we would of been 9-7.
                Or if we swept SD, instead of the other way around, we would of won the division.

But I think many of your questions have been answered

OFF:

QB - Cutler played well when it was untreated. So now with ANY treatment should be an upgrade

OL - Very inconsistent last year. It should be 10x better just getting Hamilton and Nalen back. Now add in Clady over a terribly declining Lepsis from last year and we look much better.

RB - We were productive no matter who was in, although never explosive. I hope we can be explosive in the running game like in TD and CP days.

WR - That is a good question, lets hope so!

DEF:

Robertson - He has barely missed any games in his career. I don't think its fair to say will he be "healthy." He has a knee condition, but he's always had it, so I don't expect him to be playing any differently.

MLB - Well Niko was announced as our MLB and I don't see that changing. How he plays though, who knows. But DJ and Boss outside is a huge upgrade from where we were last year. Gold/Webster/Winborn/Whoever were terrible outside last year.

Safeties - Last year our safeties were decimated with injuries. We were playing CB's back there. Now we have a lot of depth. No superstars, but at least we will have some guys who are actually safeties that can play consistent.

ST:

I hope they learn to block. It was just terrible last year. I am not sure which was worse though...that are our ST tackling (or lack thereof)

Explosive returner - That's one reason Shanahan was so high on Royal and took him over guys like Sweed. We have lacked a good returner forever! Now we have one. Royal was money in the return game --- automatic upgrade over the bums we had last year getting us to the 16 yard line.

Comment

Wow, I didn't realize we were so low in the power rankings. Looks like it might be another long season.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    @ Oakland win, they still cant stop the run
                    San Diego win, they are coming off injuries and will start slow, we will start strong
                    New Orleans win
                    @ Kansas City win, all rookies
                    Tampa Bay win
                    Jacksonville lose, their defense and run game
                    @ New England lose, away game, still great team
                    Miami (W - no explanation needed) agree
                    @ Cleveland win, they won't be the same as last year
                    Oakland win, see previous game
                    @ New York (L - on the road against that D-line) agree
                    Kansas City (W - sweep them this season) agree
                    Buffalo win

that puts us at 12-4
                    I think you guys are thinking of the wrong New York. That should be the New York Jets, which I think should be a pretty close matchup this year.

Judging by both your evaluations I will take the middle road and say 10-6 which I would be kind of happy for.

Comment

Losing to Oakland from the start would suck, 8-8 and missing the playoffs of course.

Just have to hang tough this season....
                      sigpic

Every day I grew blinder.
                      Thought I was strong,
                      Didn't need nobody.
                      But the strongest river
                      It can't flow up hill.

Comment

I guess I kinda see us as rebuilding. We have brought in quite a bit of youth and they need to learn to play together (like the Bills for example)

Comment

we really shouldn't have lost the GB or Chicago games, but we shouldn't have won versus the Bills or Raiders, so it evens out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynch Mob72 View Post
                            Losing to Oakland from the start would suck, 8-8 and missing the playoffs of course.

Just have to hang tough this season....
                            agreed... .500 give or take... that o-line needs some time to gel & The D has some young players up front that need playing time so they can develop.
                            This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
                              I think we can go anywhere from a 7-9 team up to a 12-4 team. We just don't know how certain things are going to work out.

Keep in mind, we were BAD in my mind last year....yet we still were in it. We really shouldn't have lost the GB and Chicago games. Then we would of been 9-7.
                              Or if we swept SD, instead of the other way around, we would of won the division.

But I think many of your questions have been answered

OFF:

QB - Cutler played well when it was untreated. So now with ANY treatment should be an upgrade

OL - Very inconsistent last year. It should be 10x better just getting Hamilton and Nalen back. Now add in Clady over a terribly declining Lepsis from last year and we look much better.

RB - We were productive no matter who was in, although never explosive. I hope we can be explosive in the running game like in TD and CP days.

WR - That is a good question, lets hope so!

DEF:

Robertson - He has barely missed any games in his career. I don't think its fair to say will he be "healthy." He has a knee condition, but he's always had it, so I don't expect him to be playing any differently.

MLB - Well Niko was announced as our MLB and I don't see that changing. How he plays though, who knows. But DJ and Boss outside is a huge upgrade from where we were last year. Gold/Webster/Winborn/Whoever were terrible outside last year.

Safeties - Last year our safeties were decimated with injuries. We were playing CB's back there. Now we have a lot of depth. No superstars, but at least we will have some guys who are actually safeties that can play consistent.

ST:

I hope they learn to block. It was just terrible last year. I am not sure which was worse though...that are our ST tackling (or lack thereof)

Explosive returner - That's one reason Shanahan was so high on Royal and took him over guys like Sweed. We have lacked a good returner forever! Now we have one. Royal was money in the return game --- automatic upgrade over the bums we had last year getting us to the 16 yard line.
                              Every team has games they maybe should have won. How about the games (Oak, Buf, Minn) that you easily could have lost?

As for the sweeping SD comment. Wow. That was really close to happening wasn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X