Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19-0 BABY!!!!

Comment

OK. This may get me hammered but I HAVE TO SAY IT! If the defense of last year is this years defense,maybe 6 - 10 if they are LUCKY! IF they play defense like we all know they are capable of, then 10 or 11 wins aint outta the question, and they wont be BLOWN OUT like they were last year. All depends on the D and if they can TACKLE this year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerfreak View Post
        Every team has games they maybe should have won. How about the games (Oak, Buf, Minn) that you easily could have lost?

As for the sweeping SD comment. Wow. That was really close to happening wasn't it?
        Jackass.

I wasn't saying we SHOULD have swept SD.

The point of the comments to show that even though we were in turmoil all last year we were competitive. A couple of minor changes and we were a 9-7 team.

The games against SD would of gave us the division. I am not saying we should of won them. Just making a point that we weren't exactly 8 games out of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by naf_tlob View Post
          Or if we would have just drafted better a few years back we would have a better team and would have won more games.

Or if we hired a real GM we might have better talent and win more games.

Or <insert excuse here>
          Read the post above.

Why are you SD fans like infectious viruses that don't know there place?

If you want to talk crap....go to the smack section, there is plenty there.

Once again, you guys fail to see the point I was making. Not really surprising since the majority of dolt fans here have shown they lack intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
            Dude, don't get depressed over power rankings! Look at some old ones prior to the seasons and how many huge misses there were compared to reality (I'll highlight the Broncos):

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...on=2007&week=0
            Broncos rank: #7 -- Finished 7-9 and out of the playoffs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...on=2006&week=0
            Broncos' rank: #4 -- Finished 9-7 and out of the playoffs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...on=2005&week=0
            Broncos' rank: #15 -- Finished 13-3 with AFCCG berth

What do those power rankings have in common? They were WAY off! Rankings this time of year don't mean jack! We'll see what kind of team we have early on, and even get an inkling as to possible improvement in the preseason. But don't go getting depressed over freaking power rankings!
            I like it.

That means being ranked 23rd we should be around 14-2!! LOL

ohhhh ESPN. They try so hard, but still always fail!

Comment

i wont give an win loss thing, cause thats a crap shoot
              but i will give you my best opinion

lets start with last season...we started off with injuries, we played with injuries and finished with injuries. we also had a defensive cordinator attempting a scheme with round pegs in square holes.

on offense lets not forget that althought the offense did struggle at times putting points up, they did that while missing two quality starters on the line, walker for much of the season, stokely was new, grahm was new, henry was new and all missed significant time. i may not be a professional coach, and didnt stay at a holiday inn express last night but to me, that spells lack of continueity, that spells trouble and difficulties.

this year with a upgrade at LT, nalen back, hamilton back, and more expirience in the system for the other two the oline should no doubt be better

cutler going into his third season should be better then he was last season which was pretty good
              the rbs have in my mind gotten better with henry needed to prove something and , HOLD onto his starting job from young or torrain, PLUS THE ADDITION OF A TRUE FB, THAT CAN CATCH THE BALL

the wrs have gotten better despite the loss of walker, who didnt do squat anyway last season, we have marshall, and stokely finaly being able to play in the slot as he was supposed to do, as well as a couple legit #2's...remember we played most of the season with a 2nd yr wr in marshal as the #1, the slot wr as #2 and a unknown martinez as the #3...hardly a scary force

on defense the biggest problem of the team wasnt just a lack of talent..it was playing the talent we had in the wrong scheme...sorry i fail to see where you go from averging top 5 in rush defense and scoreing defense in the past five seasons, to bottom five in both bcause we lost a linebacker in wilson...we typically always had a sub par Dline and still managed to be good. the problem was the scheme we played. now going back to a coyer style base with a few new twists should improve this team by at least 3 wins itself.
              then factor in the expirience or lack of it...doom was in his first starts, ekuban was gone all season, moss , thomas and crowder all rookies...this season all have playing time and with ekuban comeing back with moss, doom and crowder, combined with robertson and thomas at dt, there is no doubt these guys will create pressure

special teams was non to special...we have a huge an imediat upgrade now with royal, as well as some very good st players that we didnt have at the start of last season,

i see an season improvement of 2-5 games in our future,
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I think it will be between 8 and 10 wins realistically.

I really want to say that we'll get things going and win the division at 12-4.
                2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

16-0, Baby!!

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
                    I like it.

That means being ranked 23rd we should be around 14-2!! LOL

ohhhh ESPN. They try so hard, but still always fail!
                    I wonder where they ranked the Giants last year... I wonder how they ranked by the end of week 17 in 2007.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

too many uncertanties up and down. 9-7 depite the soft schedule, maybe 10-6 or even 11-7 if it comes together late.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                        16-0, Baby!!

-----
                        umm top read the title it said NON HOMERS ONLY . . . . . it was all in upper case letters so he was either serious or mad, one of the two

geez some people
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange View Post
                          I wonder where they ranked the Giants last year... I wonder how they ranked by the end of week 17 in 2007.
                          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...on=2007&week=0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...17&season=2007

there you go good bronco fan
                          sigpic
                          -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                            umm top read the title it said NON HOMERS ONLY . . . . . it was all in upper case letters so he was either serious or mad, one of the two

geez some people
                            Oh, my bad!

Carry on.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                              Oh, my bad!

Carry on.

-----
                              thank you, with all that said and done i believe the broncos to go 15-1 and win the Big Trophy
                              sigpic
                              -------

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
                                I think we go 16-0 and Cutler throws for 5000 yards, 70 TD's, 0 INT's. Champ has 100 tackles, 30 INT's, and 10 FF, 40 TD's. Brandon Marshall get's 1000 receptions and 5000 yards receiving, 70 TD's. T.Henry get's 2500 yards rushing, 40 rushing TD's.

LOL, what's wrong with Homers. Thinking your team has a shot at every game is better than thinking your team is going do horrible. In all seriousness, I think Denver has a shot to make the wild card and even win the division. But that can't happen unless our D plays well and Cutler and the run game does well. Can't predict the W-L record because anything can happen to change the outcome. But I don't think Denver will have another season like last year.
                                Healthy optimism is one thing, blind homerism is another. I think the thread starter is looking at realistic responses knowing that they won't win every game.
                                Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                                X