No announcement yet.

Where do the Broncos finish - NON HOMERS ONLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a three game swing that could have probably put Denver in the playoffs last year and we still played horribly on defense so if the defense some what improves, 9-7 to 10-6 is not out of the question but I can easily see us still rebuilding and staying at 7-9.
    Best bet denver goes 10-6 and fights for a playoff spot.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

As I see it, we win our first 5 games then lose two in a row against Jacksonville and N.E.. Then we win against Miami and lose to Cleveland then win the next 6 games then lose the finale to the Chargers. I'd say 13-3 season at best and 11-5 at worst losing probably to Oakland at opening day and at K.C.(if it were 11-5). I just don't see the Jets beating us cuz they have a lousy QB. Culter was already good last year with a limited receiving core. Now he has all the tools, including a decent O-Line and a plethora of good wide receivers to throw to. Trust me on this one.....we will make the playoffs this year and seriously challenge the Bolts for the AFC West Title.

Comment

The Giants really were a fluke though. I actually want us to win games rather than have 3 teams choke in a row against us in the playoffs.
        2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
          The Giants really were a fluke though. I actually want us to win games rather than have 3 teams choke in a row against us in the playoffs.
          ill take a SB win anyway i can get it
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
            ill take a SB win anyway i can get it
            No, you wouldn't.

You would have had to take it as a Giants fan last year. Would you have done that?

-----

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
              choke, huh?

how exactly did the three teams choke against the giants? Did their quarterbacks not playwell on their backs?
              Last edited by Javalon; 05-13-2008, 06:09 PM. Reason: Removed personal insult

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                No, you wouldn't.

You would have had to take it as a Giants fan last year. Would you have done that?

-----
                well as every year comes and passes i change my favorite team . . . . for some reason people call me a "bandwagonite"

im not really sure why

so my giants won it last year and my colts the year before and also my steelers, i guess i just know how to pick em
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

I think we split with Oak, and KC.
                  Swept by SD
                  I say we lose to
                  NE- Cant presure the QB

Buff- hell they almost beat us last year and I think that they will be much better this year

TB- They are a solid team.

NO- agian no preasure Brees is just going to stand back and pick us apart

Jack- I think that this is the team to beat in the NFL

Cle- This could be a fun one since neither team plays defense. i give it to them though on pure talent

NYJ- This could go either way I give them the nod cause they are at home

That leaves our wins...Oak, KC (we should win the Home games), Mia,Atl, and Carolina

So I would say we will be in the 5-11 to 6-10 range. I know you are shocked by that but remember if we didnt get onto the field in time last year in Buff, or Oak didnt miss that FG.. We were a 5-11 team this year.

I just dont see the talent on this team to be that good
                  Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                    well as every year comes and passes i change my favorite team . . . . for some reason people call me a "bandwagonite"

im not really sure why

so my giants won it last year and my colts the year before and also my steelers, i guess i just know how to pick em

-----

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                      Swept by SD
                      I say we lose to
                      NE- Cant presure the QB

Buff- hell they almost beat us last year and I think that they will be much better this year

Cle- This could be a fun one since neither team plays defense. i give it to them though on pure talent

That leaves our wins...Oak, KC (we should win the Home games), Mia,Atl, and Carolina
                      We have Dumervil and Moss(who was coming along until he got injured), and we can put Crowder and/or Ekuban in the middle and that will give pressure. We beat Cleveland because our defense is better. The Jets don't have a QB and their RB isn't that great, their WRs are nothing special either. Jax lost one of the best DTs in the NFL, you can't recover from that in one year, a great DT can make an entire defense better. We can beat them. KC doesn't have a QB either, and their O-line was terrible(Albert can't fix the entire line). The Raiders have an inexperienced QB and a dozen or so RBs, and not much else. Even if we aren't that good a lot of those teams aren't in the best of shape either.
                      sigpic
                      Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Swept by SD
                        I say we lose to
                        NE- Cant presure the QB

So I would say we will be in the 5-11 to 6-10 range. I know you are shocked by that but remember if we didnt get onto the field in time last year in Buff, or Oak didnt miss that FG.. We were a 5-11 team this year.

how can u call yourself a broncos fan.......:doh:
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                          We have Dumervil and Moss(who was coming along until he got injured), and we can put Crowder and/or Ekuban in the middle and that will give pressure. We beat Cleveland because our defense is better. The Jets don't have a QB and their RB isn't that great, their WRs are nothing special either. Jax lost one of the best DTs in the NFL, you can't recover from that in one year, a great DT can make an entire defense better. We can beat them. KC doesn't have a QB either, and their O-line was terrible(Albert can't fix the entire line). The Raiders have an inexperienced QB and a dozen or so RBs, and not much else. Even if we aren't that good a lot of those teams aren't in the best of shape either.
                          Our Defense is better than Cle? Ok maybe...but thier offense is far better than ours in every way. RB's, WR's, Line, and even QB.
                          Jacksonville is the most complete team in the AFC outside of New England.
                          I agree we are better than KC, but we never play that well in KC. As for Oakland, your points are true. However they should have swept us last year. They have a solid running game, they are returning a line that played well, and there Defense is better than ours. The Jets have Thomas Jones.. Plus the got Fanica, (ask the steelers about him), and the really improved thier D from last year. That is going to be a tough one
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

In a similar thread (and, lets be honest, there's one like this every single day), I picked the team to go 12-4. Most of the schedule is pretty easy; only New England and San Diego are really good. I don't buy the hype about Cleveland or the Jets...its Cleveland and the Jets, come on.

Anything less than 9-7 and a Wild Card trip is a huge failure, in my eyes. I have never called for Shanahan to be fired, but if we suck again this year, it might finally be time for a new beginning.
                            sigpic

TZ

Comment

Our Defense is better than Cle? Ok maybe...but thier offense is far better than ours in every way. RB's, WR's, Line, and even QB.
                              Jacksonville is the most complete team in the AFC outside of New England.
                              I agree we are better than KC, but we never play that well in KC. As for Oakland, your points are true. However they should have swept us last year. They have a solid running game, they are returning a line that played well, and there Defense is better than ours. The Jets have Thomas Jones.. Plus the got Fanica, (ask the steelers about him), and the really improved thier D from last year. That is going to be a tough one
                              I'd say far better is stretching it a bit. Assuming Cutler does improve like a lot of QBs have done after 2 or 3 years I'd say QB is better, if he doesn't, about the same. We have a better #3, #4, and #5 than them too(although their tandem is good and Stallworth is also decent). I only see one decent Rb for the Browns and that's Lewis. While their O-line is awesome, ours shows promise to be good. It pretty much hinges on Clady and injuries, Hamilton and Nalen are back, and then Liechtensteiger, Kuper, Holland, and Pears for the other two positions. I still say we can beat them. Never play well in KC? Refer to last year. While what you say about the Jets is true, they don't have a QB and I don't think Jones is that good, but with Mangold, Ferguson, and Faneca, this may be the sequel to the Browns.
                              sigpic
                              Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Swept by SD
                                I say we lose to
                                NE- Cant presure the QB

Buff- hell they almost beat us last year and I think that they will be much better this year. So did we. Plus it was a fluke that they were even close last year

TB- They are a solid team. I agree. My best friend is a Bucs fan so I follow them some. Will be a good game

NO- agian no preasure Brees is just going to stand back and pick us apart No faith, Moss, Dumerville, Crowder ring a bell?

Jack- I think that this is the team to beat in the NFL I agree. We lose unless Cutler takes over which he has the potential to do

Cle- This could be a fun one since neither team plays defense. i give it to them though on pure talent noway they have more talent then us

NYJ- This could go either way I give them the nod cause they are at home They have no offense and an okay defense. How can we not win

Fixed it for ya
                                Last edited by BF_forever; 05-13-2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X