Top 3 'surprise' cuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 3 'surprise' cuts?

Nate Webster getting cut would not be a suprise... It would be a blessing..

Let him miss tackles and strike a pose elsewhere ...

I really don't think the Broncos will have any surprise cuts...

Unless it's some of the rookies they drafted .

I could see some of the players that the Broncos added mid year last year getting the cut...

But if players like Bell,Martinez got cut.. I would not think that is a suprise...I would just think that is doing business..
    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      ... the subjunctive nature of the comment. I.E., speculative-just like this thread.
      It's the worst part of the off season! (post draft) What the heck kind of threads are YOU looking for?!?
      sigpicCheck out "Broncos song" on youtube. Unless you are a judge in the Broncos Country Talent Search.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
        Nate Webster getting cut would not be a suprise... It would be a blessing..

Let him miss tackles and strike a pose elsewhere ...

I really don't think the Broncos will have any surprise cuts...

Unless it's some of the rookies they drafted .

I could see some of the players that the Broncos added mid year last year getting the cut...

But if players like Bell,Martinez got cut.. I would not think that is a suprise...I would just think that is doing business..
        i agree, those players are definately not surprises, in fact i would say if any of them make the roster i would be more surprised than if they got cut
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

Ben Hamilton, Ebenezer Ekuban, and Hazma Abdullah

Comment

Nate Jackson!

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
              well, its almost june 1st so the cuts are coming. there's normally a few surprises so lets have a look.

here are my top 3, maybe not massive surprises but not scrubs either.

1 - MIKE BELL - he will be gone. we will keep HENRY/YOUNG/TORAIN/HALL as RB'S and HILLIS/SAPP as FB'S who can run the ball if needed. i felt bell overachieved a little in his rookie year but his potential was very limited. a little small and does'nt have great speed, he is a tough player but not good enough IMO at either RB or FB position.

2 - NATE WEBSTER - this guy tackles almost as badly as ian gold did and if he isn't celebrating a tackle 15 yards downfield then he's picking up his helmet thats fallen off again!! i just don't believe this guy is worth keeping around and i have alot of belief that larsen could play the back-up MLB role and if there's any major problems this season then DJ can move back across and someone else can fill in at OLB (although only if there's a few injuries as we don't want DJ to keep moving and he's much better as an OLB) - i just don't think websters good enough to keep around.

3 - GLENN MARTINEZ - i think he was gone as soon as royal was drafted. royal takes over as a returner and the back-up slot behind stokely. martinez did a decent job last year but he is very limited in the receiving game and struggles at times to get seperation, mainly due to his lack of strength, and was always a very average returner who offered very little. a good return one week against the titans but did he ever look dangerous at THAT speed???

well, thats JMO - who are your cuts?
              I don't know that those would be "surprise" cuts.

Surprise cuts?

John Lynch - The front office thinks he's too old, too slow and can't cut the mustard anymore so they release him, renegotiated contract and leadership skills notwithstanding, and he goes and finds new life playing safety for Oakland for one more season.

Brandon Marshall - the kid can't/won't grow up, so the organization releases him before he can cause anymore problems, and they start looking around for someone reliable.

And finally (drumroll, please!) DJ Williams, who failed to excel at MLB last year, therefore it must be all his fault; in the long line of blame game that includes Larry Coyer, Jake Plummer and Gerard Warren, Williams is released where he finds new life with Tampa Bay and former coach Coyer and helps the Bucs over the hump and deep into the playoffs with their defense, just like the old times.

Meanwhile, former VP in charge of offense, Heimerdinger at Tennessee manages to make the Titan's offense even worse, with Vince Young offense averaging only 17 points a game.
              You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

WRONG bell wont be cut if he was going to be cut it would have happened already. Webster is actually a very good back-up for mike and SLB in fact he had a better season than boss did last year, so dont6 count him out at all

Comment

For the OP - those wouldn't be "surprise" cuts. Those would be practical cuts.

I kind of hope Mike Bell stays - although I'm not confident at this point. Nate Webster and Glenn Martinez however should have been cut long ago.

Comment

Yeah maybe this thread should be expected cuts. Mike Bell is hardly a surprise. He was never a true fullback and we have three guys that can do what he does in Graham, Hillis and Sapp.

My surprise guesses would be:

Travis Henry: The Broncos dump his salary and get rid of an embarrassing character.

Ben Hamilton: He is unable to come back from his injuries and play at the level that they need. With the need to get bigger on the O-line, and youth in Kuper and Lichtensteiger, Hamilton becomes expendable.

Josh Barrett: Oh come on. Did you really think every player we drafted will make the team?

Ryan Harris or Erik Pears: One of these guys will be gone, and whichever it is there will be shock.
                    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Boss Bailey - He proves once and for all he really is just not that good. DJ is told to play SAM (being that really is his best position) and Woodyard impresses so much he is the starting WILL.

Hamilton - Suffers another concussion and retires more than cut. Kuper takes over as LG.

Colbert - Jackson tears it up in camp and gets an extension, Parker becomes one of those WRs to suddenly breaks out when he gets on a new team.

Those would all be surprises, what would not be a surprise:

Bronco fans are pissed about the wasted $$$ spent on Boss and Colbert instead of focusing on the good that is a productive Jackson/Parker. DJ refuses to re-sign and Denver drafts Brian Cushing to play SAM in 2009.
                      Last edited by Cutler2007; 05-19-2008, 09:10 AM.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Trench777 View Post
                        Jay Cutler- In a surprise plot twist, Elway comes into training camp under an assumed name following massive reconstructive plastic surgury and steals the job from the young Cutler. Following the cut, Jay is overheard saying "double U-Tee-eff?"

(Side Note: who knew the letters *** were a censored "word"?!?)

Champ Bailey- During the new "self actualization and realization" training, Champ goes into a fit of crying after coming to grips with the fact that the title "Boss" outranks "Champ". He is found later that week in a pool of his blessed mothers blood rocking back and forth muttering "She always loved him best"

Mike Shanahan- While not actually a "cut" per se, Mike is arrested and charged with several illegal activities relating to a laboratory found in a small locked hanger in Dove Valley. Many vials of DNA are confiscated, including John Elway's, Terrell Davis', and Eddy Mac's. Shanny's spine chilling cackle is recorded and played repeatedly on ESPN "Muahahahah!"

All predictions guaranteed wrong, or your money back!

T777

Uhh.......
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
                        X