Life-Sized Darrent Williams Statue Now On Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life-Sized Darrent Williams Statue Now On Display

DENVER (CBS4) ― Teammates and family of Darrent Williams watched the unveiling of a new statue in his honor.

The Denver Bronco was gunned down on New Year's morning 2007.

The life-sized statue is now on display at the Boys and Girls Club in Montbello. The Broncos are partners at that location.

The statue's purpose is to make sure Williams' vibrant legacy lives on.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and defenseman Dominique Foxworth were on hand for the ceremony.

"Unfortunately we lost a very, very fine person and a great player," Bowlen said. "He is very special to the Broncos organization and this sculpture, in his remembrance, is going to be something that we are always very proud of."

The Broncos and the Boys and Girls Club will be there during the grand opening for the teen center in Montbello May 29.

Renowned Denver artist Ed Dwight took on members of the Boys and Girls Club to help with the project.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/darren....2.729875.html

There is also a video from the newscast on this. Click the link if you want to see.

I am very proud of our organization for doing this. This is why Broncos Country is simply the best.
    sigpic

I think it would be better if it was placed at Invesco...

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
      D-Will was involved in Boys and Girls clubs. I think it is in a great place. What do you think he would have wanted?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
        Would you also put up a statue of Damien Nash?
        ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          DENVER (CBS4) ― Teammates and family of Darrent Williams watched the unveiling of a new statue in his honor.

The Denver Bronco was gunned down on New Year's morning 2007.

The life-sized statue is now on display at the Boys and Girls Club in Montbello. The Broncos are partners at that location.

The statue's purpose is to make sure Williams' vibrant legacy lives on.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and defenseman Dominique Foxworth were on hand for the ceremony.

"Unfortunately we lost a very, very fine person and a great player," Bowlen said. "He is very special to the Broncos organization and this sculpture, in his remembrance, is going to be something that we are always very proud of."

The Broncos and the Boys and Girls Club will be there during the grand opening for the teen center in Montbello May 29.

Renowned Denver artist Ed Dwight took on members of the Boys and Girls Club to help with the project.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/darren....2.729875.html

There is also a video from the newscast on this. Click the link if you want to see.

I am very proud of our organization for doing this. This is why Broncos Country is simply the best.
          R.I.P. D-Will-------#27
          Originally posted by darth-hideous
          Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
          Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

Awesome, Darrent really deserved this.
            sigpic
            Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Damien deserves one too

Comment

Originally posted by MarvinWillis View Post
                Damien deserves one too
                Yea he should be somewhere at Invesco or because he died at a charity basketball game, he should have a statue at the charity he was playin for.
                sigpic
                Sig by Blondie79

Comment

I would love the see his Statue at Investco. In fact I would like to see more Broncos there; ie Elway, Little, Gradishar, TD.....
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

Comment

This thread is useless without pics.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deanver View Post
                      This thread is useless without pics.
                      Really? Click the link at the bottom of the thread.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X