Broncos cut Talent, replace with no names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos cut Talent, replace with no names

This strategy hasn't worked out well in the past few years. Shanny is crazy.

Talent we cut so far:

Javon Walker
    Travis Henry
    sigpic

Walker is a freaking cry-baby that didn't want to be here. Plus he still is not healthy and may never be the same, I would rather let Glenn Martinez have the starting job at this point, at least he's got heart!

Henry is a deadbeat dad, a drug addict, and an injury prone back that will never stay healthy!

Yeah your right, we should have kept these losers around and paid them top-dollar, we're not the Raiders!

Comment

It'a hard to say that those two have been replaced with "no-names". Jackson is a decent WR, Colbert has show flashes of brilliance and could shine in a new system, Pittman is a steady back with plenty of experience to guide the younguns... plus, notice one more thing those two you listed have in common? Injury prone. Sure this maybe a small step back in talent, but HUGE character upgrades(no more "mememememe" with Walker and no more "am I gonna get busted for pot" with Henry) but also less of a gamble on whether or not they will be able to contribute. To me, these are smart and safe moves. But, time will tell.
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Whatever! This guy is right! When Walker and Henry were on the sidelines nursing their knees, our team was never better!
        KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
          plus, notice one more thing those two you listed have in common? Injury prone. Sure this maybe a small step back in talent, but HUGE character upgrades(no more "mememememe" with Walker and no more "am I gonna get busted for pot" with Henry)
          I agree that character wise our UNDRAFTED players are an upgrade.

When Javon started reffering to himself in the 3rd person I got concerned.

Btw Brandon Marshall replaced Javon as #1, and we don't even know if he can close his hand yet, which is pretty important.

Our running back situation scares me, honestly, I do not think an undrafted undersized player can rush for 2,000 yards (*** was he thinking saying that?).

Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, Ron Dayne, Nash all failed as running backs, we need a talented one imo, maybe Seldum is the guy, I hope he is otherwise we're ****ed.
          sigpic

Comment

I think your forgetting this is the Denver backfield your talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteyford View Post
              Our running back situation scares me, honestly, I do not think an undrafted undersized player can rush for 2,000 yards (*** was he thinking saying that?).
              You do know that Selvin Young is at the same weight that TD was?

Comment

Btw Brandon Marshall replaced Javon as #1, and we don't even know if he can close his hand yet, which is pretty important.

Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, Ron Dayne, Nash all failed as running backs, we need a talented one imo, maybe Seldum is the guy, I hope he is otherwise we're ****ed.
                You're right to have concern about Marshall, so I can see your point there in replacing Javon. But I think that Jackson and Colbert are upgrades over Javon because of his history of being inured, not based off talent. I'd rather have them at this point over him.

Very vaild concern with our RB situation as well. I think it takes a big man to come in and say they are gonna rush for 2k yards. And most times Id luahg it off and think he was an idiot. While Selvin very probably WONT do it, the fact he came in 15 lbs of muscle heavier and by all accounts is showing that he wants it is HUGE! I'll be happy with 1300 outa him and another 700 out of the other guys.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  You do know that Selvin Young is at the same weight that TD was?
                  I had to chuckle, I'm sorry. That's very cool and i hope it ends up meaning something, but my uncle is too and he's a fat white guy living on disability in Kentuky trying to keep his neighbors cars out of his lawn.

Comment

You're right to have concern about Marshall, so I can see your point there in replacing Javon. But I think that Jackson and Colbert are upgrades over Javon because of his history of being inured, not based off talent. I'd rather have them at this point over him.

Very vaild concern with our RB situation as well. I think it takes a big man to come in and say they are gonna rush for 2k yards. And most times Id luahg it off and think he was an idiot. While Selvin very probably WONT do it, the fact he came in 15 lbs of muscle heavier and by all accounts is showing that he wants it is HUGE! I'll be happy with 1300 outa him and another 700 out of the other guys.
                    I know Selvin has it in him but the question is does he get enough carries and does he stay healthy the whole year? If he does he has a very legitimate shot at getting to 2000 because he goes all out on every play and is a threat to break a big run every time he gets the ball.

Comment

I had to chuckle, I'm sorry. That's very cool and i hope it ends up meaning something, but my uncle is too and he's a fat white guy living on disability in Kentuky trying to keep his neighbors cars out of his lawn.
                      Well he said that he was undersized and TD rushed for 2000 at the same weight.

Comment

I dont know about you guys but I love the Young-Hall tandem. I think both these guys will excell in this system. I loved what Selvin did last year. And I absolutely loved what Andre Hall did when he got hsi chances (Titans, and Bears game). I think getting both these guys out of the locker room will help the team, As long as Marshall doesnt turn into a whinny WR we will be fine.
                        sigpic

Comment

lol A 5'11 222lbs being undersized at half back....how much did portis weigh when he was here???? ill give you a hint, less than 220 and he turned out alright, also, here are some notable players who young is currently larger than: tomlinson, parker, jones-drew, AD....i guess being "undersized" means you arent as big as stephen jackson

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                            Walker is a freaking cry-baby that didn't want to be here. Plus he still is not healthy and may never be the same, I would rather let Glenn Martinez have the starting job at this point, at least he's got heart!

Henry is a deadbeat dad, a drug addict, and an injury prone back that will never stay healthy!
                            Yeah your right, we should have kept these losers around and paid them top-dollar, we're not the Raiders!

Which was all known by the Bronco front office before he was signed to a contract.....

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              Well he said that he was undersized and TD rushed for 2000 at the same weight.
                              It would be very cool if he turned into a TD for us...

Comment

Working...
                              X