Torain runs upright.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
    Drills are great and all... but why don't we wait and see the kid in pads with a NFL linebacker chasing him before getting too excited?
    Wow, he should have an AMAZING burst when a LB chases him with what he's just doing in practice.
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
      Yup

You act as if we have at LT, TD, or LJ in the backfield already. Last I checked we didn't. The kid will get a shot at playing time and if he can block worth a damn starter is well within his grasp.
      no, but we have a guy who averaged over 5 ypc and had nearly as many 20+ yard runs as AP while having 100 less carries.
      sig pic removed by mod staff.
      we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

honestly it's not a great workout. The hands are pretty good but he stands straight up when he runs and doesn't change direction that well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
          honestly it's not a great workout. The hands are pretty good but he stands straight up when he runs and doesn't change direction that well.

I agree... Nothing special in that film. Needs to work on his footwork and will get cut in half if runs through a hole upright.
          MEL KIPER IS TERRIBLE!!!!
          Best Pick-S Josh Barrett
          Worst Pick-WR Eddie Royal
          Sleeper Pick-RB Ryan Torian
          “Huh?” Pick-OT Ryan Clady
          Overall: B
          Denver broncos 08 draft Analyzed by Mel Kiper

HE'S THE REAL DEAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
            Drills are great and all... but why don't we wait and see the kid in pads with a NFL linebacker chasing him before getting too excited?
            isn't it a good thing if the linebackers are CHASING him
            disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Granted, he does run upright. The question whould be does he run upright at the point of contact with the tackler. If you look at the other clip of him scoring a TD, he runs lower than he did in the reaction drills.

He needs to work on his footwork? Are you serious? How much better do you consider to be adequate?

His workout is not the best I have ever seen but it is very solid.

Comment

?

How many of you "experts" make a living at evaluating college runningbacks? With the success of the Bronco's running game, I think I'll listen to Coach Turner. LOL... No ego problems on this board......

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado69 View Post
                  How many of you "experts" make a living at evaluating college runningbacks? With the success of the Bronco's running game, I think I'll listen to Coach Turner. LOL... No ego problems on this board......

Well I would call myself a good talent evaluater. Given the fact that I'm attending college to become a football coach...

Comment

When I was watching him make cut I wasn't really impressed. It just kind of seemed slow than what I see when I'm watching the Broncos. Now maybe that's because his adrenaline isn't running or anything but I just didn't think his cuts were very quick or fast. He did have great hands though.

Comment

eh...he doesnt have much speed to speak of, hopefully he runs with some power
                      @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
                        no, but we have a guy who averaged over 5 ypc and had nearly as many 20+ yard runs as AP while having 100 less carries.

Who also was broke down almost as much as he was up. Guess you forgot that part.

One word for ya. Durability.. Here is a few more, Can't block very well in passing situations.. Go watch some tape sometime.

Like I said if the kid can block worth a damn he will be starter, mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
                          Cons: Runs to up right

Pros: Great footwork, Pretty damn good Hands, Nice burst, Big guy, Pretty shifty for his size

Im sorry but this guy will be our starter this year if he shows that he can block. Shannhand did it agian at the RB posistion, one thing this group of coachs can do is pick a RB.
                          hell ya...ryan or selvin...lets doe this!!!

sigpic

Comment

Will Torian Be the next Rookie Runner?

The Denver Broncos have year after year found diamond in the rough running backs, the last two being rookie free agents. Do you think Torian has a chance to be their next 1000 yard rusher, or will it be Selvin Young? More than likely it will be Young, but the Broncos must have seen something special in Torian to draft him in round 4.
                            Denver Broncos All-Time Team
                            Do you know who were the Greatest Denver Broncos players of all-time?
                            Know the Denver Broncos Team History

Comment

Young is really good, and I believe Torain could be good as well, but none of it matters unless Young gets hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by JAT View Post
                                Young is really good, and I believe Torain could be good as well, but none of it matters unless Young gets hurt.
                                Or Torain does better in the preseason

Comment

Working...
                                X