Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The New Millenium View Post
    Or Torain does better in the preseason
    I can't wait until training camp and preseason to see how these guys are going to look. I just keep my fingers crossed that they will be able to avoid any serious season long injuries.

Comment

Even if Young is starter, Torain will get his fair share of carries. He'll probably put up numbers similar to those of Mike Bell in his rookie season.

Comment

Originally posted by 20yardline View Post
        The Denver Broncos have year after year found diamond in the rough running backs, the last two being rookie free agents. Do you think Torian has a chance to be their next 1000 yard rusher, or will it be Selvin Young? More than likely it will be Young, but the Broncos must have seen something special in Torian to draft him in round 4.
        An even better question, will you learn how to spell Torain right?
        sigpic
        Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Not this year.

Torain won't see 35 carries this year, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
            Not this year.

I think he'll see 35 carries his first 2-3 games
            sigpic

Comment

WOOOOOWWW....

Can you say over rated? Seriously because Shanahan said Torain had first round potential people are saying he's going to be a pro bowler/next best back and all this other crap like that. Seriously don't expect much from him.

Comment

I honestly believe were going to see 700+ yds from both Young and Torain. but im not to sure untill i see Torain's style of run in game speed.

Comment

Printed from the Colorado Springs Independent website: http://www.csindy.com
                  POSTED ON JUNE 5, 2008:

Torain looks like yet another underestimated (by the experts) runner who could stand out in Denver's system, following the example of Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis and, yes, Young.

This is kind of what im thinking, and i really like his college highlights.

Comment

I don't know what Torain has of special, but I hope Shanahan is right. For now I don't expect much of him at all. We had really great RB prospects avaiable in the 12th pick, but... I guess OT was a higher need. In fact, in every forum of every team people must be writing that every pick was a steal and their team will be great in 2008 and reach playoffs etc... But when the season start, many people will have a proper reality check. This does not stop me from thinking Peyton Hillis was a strong pick for 7th round.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have to plead ignorance here.... I've never seen Torain run, I haven't seen anything he has done in camp so far, and I have no idea if he has any ill effects from the injury.

All I know is what I have read, which has mostly been speculation. So if he is what Shanahan speculates that he is... He'll be a factor this year. If not, it will be a lot of Young and Pittman.

I think Pittman already has a defined roll on the team, and it won't change unless he blows shanahan's mind in camp. So I think the competition is between Young and Torain, they could split time, or one of them could emerge the clear cut #1. I've been impressed with Young, and his dedication this offseason is what I would hope to see from the whole team. So the rookie not only has to have the talent that Shanahan thinks he has, but he's got to have the hunger to surpass Young, and right now that's a lot of hunger.

I think Young will start the season as the starter, whether Torain can overtake him or not, I'll have to see him work in camp and the preseason before I can formulate an intelligent opinion on that.

Comment

Just ask yourself this question when has Shanny ever overhype a RB? Henry was good just injury prone. He never hyped up bell. If there's one thing Shanny knows it's the RB and the addition of Clady with the 12th pick that you wanted a RB. Will be just fine

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                          Not this year.

If Young doen't have an above average camp Torain might have 35 a game.

Believe it or not Mke did not cut Henry becouse of missed meetings,arguments, He even madea comment "as soon as I heard Selvin say 2000 we cut Henry right there" Just joking of course but the fact is ...Torain will be the starter week 3 and we wont need a running back for the next 8-10 years. I can't wait for those of you that just saw on u-tube and pictures you have to see this kids vision it's scary, Young bounces to the outside way to much, .Torain one cut through the hole... He has the type of feet like TD no heistation... BOOM through the hole next thing you know he's on the second level...G O O D
                          sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Originally posted by ElBroncoHart View Post
                            Just ask yourself this question when has Shanny ever overhype a RB? Henry was good just injury prone. He never hyped up bell. If there's one thing Shanny knows it's the RB and the addition of Clady with the 12th pick that you wanted a RB. Will be just fine
                            I think regardless of who is running the ball, that the running game will be upgraded due to the additions of Clady and Hillis.

Comment

I think in the course of this season were gona see some 3 rb sets Young, Torain and Hillis are all good at catching the ball out the back field

Comment

Originally posted by ElBroncoHart View Post
                                I think in the course of this season were gona see some 3 rb sets Young, Torain and Hillis are all good at catching the ball out the back field
                                So is Pittman.

Comment

Working...
                                X