X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos1997
    replied
    Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    someone said 35 through the first 2-3 games.
    yeah but cutler vs. elway said 35 per game if selvin doesnt do good in preseason or something.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
    wow wow slow down. did someone say 35 a game? you do realize that 416 carries for the season right? and 35 times 16 is........560 carries for the year. enough said.
    Yes, someone said that.

Leave a comment:

• BigMike05
    replied
    Yea

I think that Torian will be a great running back for us he ran hard in college until he got hurt, but i think they should have drafted Jamal Charles instead of Torian I hope that Ryan proves me wrong during the season

Leave a comment:

• Zoo Crew
    replied
    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Pittman isn't a young late round draft pick. That's the only thing that matters in Denver's system. See Terrell Davis.
    Pittman will see the field, I think he will have a specific role, short yardage type, obvious passing downs (for blitz pickup and dump offs). I don't think Pittman will take too many carries away from the youngsters, but he will contribute.

Leave a comment:

• JaysusCutler
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
    wow wow slow down. did someone say 35 a game? you do realize that 416 carries for the season right? and 35 times 16 is........560 carries for the year. enough said.

torain will be lucky to get 15 carries a game.
    someone said 35 through the first 2-3 games.

Leave a comment:

• broncos1997
    replied
    Torain isn't getting anywhere near 35 a game, and he won't start at all barring injury, IMHO.

If Young doesn't have an above average camp, in moves Michael Pittman, who is the current #2, in front of Torain.
    wow wow slow down. did someone say 35 a game? you do realize that 416 carries is the record for the season right? and 35 times 16 is........560 carries for the year. enough said.

torain will be lucky to get 15 carries a game.
    Last edited by broncos1997; 06-05-2008, 10:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoo Crew View Post
    So is Pittman.
    Pittman isn't a young late round draft pick. That's the only thing that matters in Denver's system. See Terrell Davis.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
    If Young doen't have an above average camp Torain might have 35 a game.

Believe it or not Mke did not cut Henry becouse of missed meetings,arguments, He even madea comment "as soon as I heard Selvin say 2000 we cut Henry right there" Just joking of course but the fact is ...Torain will be the starter week 3 and we wont need a running back for the next 8-10 years. I can't wait for those of you that just saw on u-tube and pictures you have to see this kids vision it's scary, Young bounces to the outside way to much, .Torain one cut through the hole... He has the type of feet like TD no heistation... BOOM through the hole next thing you know he's on the second level...G O O D
    Torain isn't getting anywhere near 35 a game, and he won't start at all barring injury, IMHO.

If Young doesn't have an above average camp, in moves Michael Pittman, who is the current #2, in front of Torain.

Leave a comment:

• Zoo Crew
    replied
    Originally posted by ElBroncoHart View Post
    I think in the course of this season were gona see some 3 rb sets Young, Torain and Hillis are all good at catching the ball out the back field
    So is Pittman.

Leave a comment:

• ElBroncoHart
    replied
    I think in the course of this season were gona see some 3 rb sets Young, Torain and Hillis are all good at catching the ball out the back field

Leave a comment:

• Zoo Crew
    replied
    Originally posted by ElBroncoHart View Post
    Just ask yourself this question when has Shanny ever overhype a RB? Henry was good just injury prone. He never hyped up bell. If there's one thing Shanny knows it's the RB and the addition of Clady with the 12th pick that you wanted a RB. Will be just fine
    I think regardless of who is running the ball, that the running game will be upgraded due to the additions of Clady and Hillis.

Leave a comment:

• ItalianBronco
    replied
    Not this year.

Torain won't see 35 carries this year, IMHO.

If Young doen't have an above average camp Torain might have 35 a game.

Believe it or not Mke did not cut Henry becouse of missed meetings,arguments, He even madea comment "as soon as I heard Selvin say 2000 we cut Henry right there" Just joking of course but the fact is ...Torain will be the starter week 3 and we wont need a running back for the next 8-10 years. I can't wait for those of you that just saw on u-tube and pictures you have to see this kids vision it's scary, Young bounces to the outside way to much, .Torain one cut through the hole... He has the type of feet like TD no heistation... BOOM through the hole next thing you know he's on the second level...G O O D

Leave a comment:

• ElBroncoHart
    replied
    Just ask yourself this question when has Shanny ever overhype a RB? Henry was good just injury prone. He never hyped up bell. If there's one thing Shanny knows it's the RB and the addition of Clady with the 12th pick that you wanted a RB. Will be just fine

Leave a comment:

• Zoo Crew
    replied
    I have to plead ignorance here.... I've never seen Torain run, I haven't seen anything he has done in camp so far, and I have no idea if he has any ill effects from the injury.

All I know is what I have read, which has mostly been speculation. So if he is what Shanahan speculates that he is... He'll be a factor this year. If not, it will be a lot of Young and Pittman.

I think Pittman already has a defined roll on the team, and it won't change unless he blows shanahan's mind in camp. So I think the competition is between Young and Torain, they could split time, or one of them could emerge the clear cut #1. I've been impressed with Young, and his dedication this offseason is what I would hope to see from the whole team. So the rookie not only has to have the talent that Shanahan thinks he has, but he's got to have the hunger to surpass Young, and right now that's a lot of hunger.

I think Young will start the season as the starter, whether Torain can overtake him or not, I'll have to see him work in camp and the preseason before I can formulate an intelligent opinion on that.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    I don't know what Torain has of special, but I hope Shanahan is right. For now I don't expect much of him at all. We had really great RB prospects avaiable in the 12th pick, but... I guess OT was a higher need. In fact, in every forum of every team people must be writing that every pick was a steal and their team will be great in 2008 and reach playoffs etc... But when the season start, many people will have a proper reality check. This does not stop me from thinking Peyton Hillis was a strong pick for 7th round.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X