Come on Guys/Gals......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on Guys/Gals......

I just spent an hour reading through the different threads and I keep seeing one statement through out all the posts " such and such have looked like a beast so far in camp"

What does this mean?? You guys are getting excited about guys looking good in no contact drills in shorts? Why? This is not the thing to look at. Everyone looks good in shorts. Remember Watts? Every year all we would hear is how he is catching everything, running fast, no one can cover him. How good was his career? Sorry I blinked and I missed the one time he steped on the field.

This is the wrong way to think. Who cares about all these mini camps. If you want something to feel good about here are what is making me excited.

1) That in all the interviews and everything that I had read, everyone has a great attitude, and is happy to be there.

2) Attendance is at 100%

3) There is a picture in the photo gallery under team camp day 2. It shows Rod Smith showing the young recievers a few things. Look at who is right next to him just fixated on what he is saying....Eddie Royal I love that all our young players are listening to these older vets
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    I just spent an hour reading through the different threads and I keep seeing one statement through out all the posts " such and such have looked like a beast so far in camp"

What does this mean?? You guys are getting excited about guys looking good in no contact drills in shorts? Why? This is not the thing to look at. Everyone looks good in shorts. Remember Watts? Every year all we would hear is how he is catching everything, running fast, no one can cover him. How good was his career? Sorry I blinked and I missed the one time he steped on the field.

This is the wrong way to think. Who cares about all these mini camps. If you want something to feel good about here are what is making me excited.

1) That in all the interviews and everything that I had read, everyone has a great attitude, and is happy to be there.

2) Attendance is at 100%

3) There is a picture in the photo gallery under team camp day 2. It shows Rod Smith showing the young recievers a few things. Look at who is right next to him just fixated on what he is saying....Eddie Royal I love that all our young players are listening to these older vets

your right minicamp is not a good judge, but thats a very unfair comment to watts!!!! he was a beast, and had he not had that accident he would be a beast still the guy was very explosive and had huge potenatial, he was derailed by a serious injury not because he was a bust with a short career

and who are you to tell people what the right and wrong way to think is???? this is a free country and people can think what they want and get excited how they want and post what they want. i mean you can post what you want as well, but telling someone there thinking is wrong doesnt make your thought process right either!!!

but sion a side note your 3 comments were right on and they are very good reasons to be excited.

Comment

We are all very excited. If Moss looks like a beast in Madden I get excited about the season. If one of our RB's is ripped, or I here the one of our WR's is impressing everybody, I get excited about the season. If some one is playing Jock Jams, I about lose it. I can not wait for the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

Mini-camps is where a team starts to gel and really grow together, it is a decent indicator of what the depth chart will look like come the start of T.C.!

Comment

Originally posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
          We are all very excited. If Moss looks like a beast in Madden I get excited about the season. If one of our RB's is ripped, or I here the one of our WR's is impressing everybody, I get excited about the season. If some one is playing Jock Jams, I about lose it. I can not wait for the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          lol nice to know im not alone
          sigpic
          Props to Charger$ for the sig

Comment

Hmm... maybe I didn't get the memo, but the last time I checked, you're not the ultimate authority of how to properly think. I care about mini camps. Anytime the Broncos put on any type of uniform and have organized activities I care. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this thinking. I'm not gonna rag on what excites you, so have the same courtesy to other folks and what excites them.
            Last edited by sixoneseven12; 06-04-2008, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
              your right minicamp is not a good judge, but thats a very unfair comment to watts!!!! he was a beast, and had he not had that accident he would be a beast still the guy was very explosive and had huge potenatial, he was derailed by a serious injury not because he was a bust with a short career

and who are you to tell people what the right and wrong way to think is???? this is a free country and people can think what they want and get excited how they want and post what they want. i mean you can post what you want as well, but telling someone there thinking is wrong doesnt make your thought process right either!!!

but sion a side note your 3 comments were right on and they are very good reasons to be excited.
              watts had the accident before he was in the NFL.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

Because it's the offseason, and we are excited about next season!

Obviously it's too early to annoint the Broncos as world champions, but it's not too early to get excited about our team and look foward to the next season!

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                  Because it's the offseason, and we are excited about next season!

Obviously it's too early to annoint the Broncos as world champions, but it's not too early to get excited about our team and look foward to the next season!
                  That is what I was trying to say...it is way to early to get excited cause someone is doing well. Just cause Moss has 3 good practices doesn't mean that he is going to be a pro bowler. Hell I think we would be happy if the guy contributes. But seriously it isnt even football till you put on the pads. Lets wait and see what happens before we start hoisting the Lambo trophy
                  Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

well what do you want us to talk about? its the offseason and we got to talk about something. training camp is better then nothing

what do you want us to say? "hey i saw clady out shopping today! he was done in 15 minutes. looks like hes a quick thinker"

"i timed it, royal got into the limo in under half a second! this kids got quick feet."

"i saw jamarcus russell over at subway this weekend. he was crying over the moving story about jared losing weight. he went to mcdonalds afterward."
                    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                      watts had the accident before he was in the NFL.
                      i know this i am saying his claw is what kept him from being able to transition correctly at a NFL level. he was good in college, but the pro level ended up being harder for him to catch the ball becasue of his claw, i said had he not had that serious injury he would be a beast still today. i never said when it happened.........

Comment

i know this i am saying his claw is what kept him from being able to transition correctly at a NFL level. he was good in college, but the pro level ended up being harder for him to catch the ball becasue of his claw, i said had he not had that serious injury he would be a beast still today. i never said when it happened.........
                        What is this serious injury that darrius Watts had? I never heard of one.

Comment

What is this serious injury that darrius Watts had? I never heard of one.
                          when he was younger he was in a wreck that caused some serious nerve damage in his hand(thus the claw) and as time wore on it became worse and worse and made it hard to catch a ball. it was a serious injury that eventaully affected his ability to catch the ball. (its why people freaked when we heard nerve damge occured ith marshall)had it not happened he would be able to catch the ball more consistently and with his skill set he probally would still be in the nfl today.

as it stands now he has tried to go through some surgries to get it fixed and was just activated by philadelphia in the AFL, so he may perhaps be trying a comeback of sorts, apparently he is doing better with it.

Comment

If he was a beast, he would have caught the ball.

and who are you to tell people what the right and wrong way to think is????
                            Who are you?

this is a free country and people can think what they want and get excited how they want and post what they want. i mean you can post what you want as well, but telling someone there thinking is wrong doesnt make your thought process right either!!!
                            I think part of it is that inflation of terms. If everyone is a "beast" then no one is. The term should actually mean something.

Sorry, Watts was no "beast" if he can't catch the ball. He had plenty of opportunities and it seems he only caught the ball in practice. That does not a beast make. Marshall WAS a beast before he injured himself. Now he's gonna have to prove himself all over again, that he can come back from a bonehead injury he should have not gotten in the first place.

There were likely people who thought Marcus Nash and Ashley Lelie were "beasts" as well, but they didn't produce when they needed to. Nash and Lelie both didn't want to go across the middle, and that's where the ball is gonna be much of the time.

It's kind of like people tossing the word "talent" around like it means something. What everyone on the team has right now is "potential." Talent shows up for games. Talent exhibits itself in the clutch. If you don't see it there, they didn't have it. They only had potential.

But that Watts guy sure had potential, didn't he?
                            You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                              If he was a beast, he would have caught the ball.

Who are you?

I think part of it is that inflation of terms. If everyone is a "beast" then no one is. The term should actually mean something.

Sorry, Watts was no "beast" if he can't catch the ball. He had plenty of opportunities and it seems he only caught the ball in practice. That does not a beast make. Marshall WAS a beast before he injured himself. Now he's gonna have to prove himself all over again, that he can come back from a bonehead injury he should have not gotten in the first place.

There were likely people who thought Marcus Nash and Ashley Lelie were "beasts" as well, but they didn't produce when they needed to. Nash and Lelie both didn't want to go across the middle, and that's where the ball is gonna be much of the time.

It's kind of like people tossing the word "talent" around like it means something. What everyone on the team has right now is "potential." Talent shows up for games. Talent exhibits itself in the clutch. If you don't see it there, they didn't have it. They only had potential.

But that Watts guy sure had potential, didn't he?

its none of your buisness who i am but for the sake of your question I am the man that is telling you to go hide under a rock

watts was a beast when he first came out, but this was before he started not being able to catch the ball his nerve damage in his hands was getting progressively worse not better which is why he had a very hard time catching the ball correctly as time went on, hence his decline and his fall from being a beast which he was at one point i never said when i just said he was.

Perhaps some reading comprehension would aid you????

Comment

Working...
                              X