Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 best running backs in NFL history - and Selvin Young isn't on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Brown was the man.

But my favorite ?

Walter Payton.......hands down.

I can't remember the game, but I actually saw him get angry "once", out of the absolute, very, corner of his eye, he saw a teamate get a sucker punch and the refs didn't call it.

He scored on the play.

Then got right in the refs face.

People could sucker punch him....never say a word.

Teamate ?

Different story.

I have no idea how he saw it.

But he did.

They replayed the incident.

Walter was right.

He played behind lousy lines.

Never complained.

Made the most out of the ball handed to him.

If you ever want a true lesson in life........read his induction speech.

Sweetness.

Comment

I would take TD over half of those top guys, man if he'd stayed healthy, he would own every record!!

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
        I would take TD over half of those top guys, man if he'd stayed healthy, he would own every record!!
        Same here I have no real problems with the list.....

The numbers I don't like is # 5 Gale Sayers and # 9 Lenny Moore...I dont think Jim Brown is # 1 either

95. Lenny Moore + 5,174 1956-1967 clt
        108. Gale Sayers + 4,956 1965-1971 chi

Case in point ..

43. Terrell Davis 7,607 1995-2001
        149. Steve Young + 4,239 1985-1999

Some others that got snub....

7. Tony Dorsett+ 12,739 1977-1988
        12. Thurman Thomas+ 12,074 1988-2000

To narrow it down to just 10 is nearly impossible," Reeves said. "I'm sitting here with a list of 40 or 50 guys, and you could make a legitimate case for every single one
        Last edited by LarryDean; 06-07-2008, 07:56 AM.
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

I don't really have anything to say....it's early in the morning.

bye!!!?? lol

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Seriously why would you try to give a rookie votes for top 10 of all time. Adrian Peterson is good but he's not at HoF status yet.

I know. That's just bandwagon / homer to the max, and says the author has no credibility whatsoever.

What's more, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Madden addict.

sigpic
            They're your teammates, now.
            Best of luck, TT!
            ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! I got two words for these NEOMAXIZIMWEEBLIES, as far as the best Runnin Back in the History of the NFL, WALTER PAYTON. He could do something that no other back on this list or any other could do, and that was EVERYTHING!

Lets start off with his rookie year. He gets drafted out of a no name college like JacksonSt. No one knew about him or what he could do. What does he do? Leads the NFL with a 31 yard plus avr. on kickoff returns.

Over the next 12 years he racked up over 16000 yds rushing, 492 receptions, 125 total TDs, 8 PASSING TDs!!! He was also the backup QB, punter, was one of the most DEVASTATING blockers I have ever witnessed in 33 yrs of watching football, NEVER ran out of bounds, always took on the bigger defender, I never remember him being hurt ever, was a team player throughout his carreer, and never said one word when the FAT FRIDGE was called on in the Super Bowl to score on New England by crazy Ditka, though you could see he was visibly upset with the decision.

All that being said, I have often wondered if Bo would not have been hurt, we might be talking bout him? That man was a mnonster who could do it all too!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Axe View Post
                NO NO NO NO NO!!!! I got two words for these NEOMAXIZIMWEEBLIES, as far as the best Runnin Back in the History of the NFL, WALTER PAYTON. He could do something that no other back on this list or any other could do, and that was EVERYTHING!

Lets start off with his rookie year. He gets drafted out of a no name college like JacksonSt. No one knew about him or what he could do. What does he do? Leads the NFL with a 31 yard plus avr. on kickoff returns.

Over the next 12 years he racked up over 16000 yds rushing, 492 receptions, 125 total TDs, 8 PASSING TDs!!! He was also the backup QB, punter, was one of the most DEVASTATING blockers I have ever witnessed in 33 yrs of watching football, NEVER ran out of bounds, always took on the bigger defender, I never remember him being hurt ever, was a team player throughout his carreer, and never said one word when the FAT FRIDGE was called on in the Super Bowl to score on New England by crazy Ditka, though you could see he was visibly upset with the decision.

All that being said, I have often wondered if Bo would not have been hurt, we might be talking bout him? That man was a mnonster who could do it all too!
                If Bo had not gotten hurt he would be more of a legend then he is now. Even though he was a Raider it was such a shame.
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                  If Bo had not gotten hurt he would be more of a legend then he is now. Even though he was a Raider it was such a shame.
                  If I am not mistaken, wasnt he the only athlete ever to be named a NFL AND MLB ALL-PRO?

Jim Traber, ex Baltimore Oriole 1st Baseman here in OK City Sports Animal talkradio still talks about the homerun he hit, when it flew over the 2nd baseposition, it was only about 3 feet over his head, and by the time it cleared the center field fence over 400 feet later , it maybe raised in elevation another 6 feet, so that is approx. 15 feet to dead center, it never slowed down, it never lowered the whole time, it was a BB!!! That is POWER baby!

Remember when he would strikeout and he goy pissed off? He would snap his bat over his leg like it was a TOOTHPICK! Hillarious!

Watch some of his Youtube Videos, speechless!

Comment

I didn't see a lot of Walter Payton play, so it's hard for me to consider him the best. Same for Gayle Sayers, and Jim Brown, but I know a lot of people consider them among the elite.

Terrell Davis, in his prime was an unstoppable force. Excellent combination of speed and power. His ability to break the line, beat LB's and the secondary one on one is something I'll never forget.

Barry Sanders, had the best body movement of maybe any NFL player ever. He also had the ability to anticipate defenders and make them miss. This separates him from anyone else worth considering.

Emmit Smith was great, but he played with a dominate team full of great offensive players. He stood out not because of his ability, but mostly because of the players surrounding him. He was definitely one of the best, but not the best.

L.T. has proven in a short time he is also worthy of being considered one of the best. He was dominate in the league for two years, but kind of regressed last year.
                    sigpic

In this picture, Rivers explains why he thinks he is so good.

Is that Y=LT?

Comment

Working...
                    X