Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Nalen to undergo arthroscopic surgery today to repair torn cartilage in his knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Nalen to undergo arthroscopic surgery today to repair torn cartilage in his knee

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9502918

Broncos center Tom Nalen will undergo arthroscopic surgery today to repair torn cartilage in his left knee.

Nalen, 37, is expected to be out until at least until the team's final minicamp on July 7-8, but is not expected to miss any training camp that starts July 25.

"He should be full speed by the time we go to camp," said Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

Now that kicker Jason Elam has left for Atlanta and receiver Rod Smith is all but officially retired, Nalen is the Broncos" highest tenured player as he's entering his 15th season.

This is Nalen's second injury setback in a year. He suffered a season-ending torn biceps injury in the season's fifth game last year against San Diego.

With Nalen out, Casey Wiegmann centered the first-team offense Thursday. Wiegmann has been a starter for nine of his 12 NFL seasons, including the previous seven in Kansas City.

AND SO IT CONTINUES...

Dun dun dun dun!

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
    sigpic

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Comment

Originally posted by McKeough View Post
      AND SO IT CONTINUES...

Dun dun dun dun!
      what are you talking about.

he's going to be out for only like 3 weeks. plus who cares if nalen misses a stupid mini camp. he's been playing for ever.

Comment

yeah, what he is getting is just kinda a clean-up operation, and its no big deal. It doesn't go very deep into the knee, so the recovery is very short. Its the same thing that Raja Bell had before the beginning of the NBA season last year, and he was back in almost no time.
        sigpic

Comment

AND SO IT CONTINUES...

Dun dun dun dun!
          Nalen will be full speed by training camp, Shanahan said Nalen was in great shape the missed couple of weeks won't hurt at all.
          sigpic

Comment

The timing screams....

I'm taking care of my vet.

He is "one" guy that has done enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
              what are you talking about.

he's going to be out for only like 3 weeks. plus who cares if nalen misses a stupid mini camp. he's been playing for ever.
              Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
              Nalen will be full speed by training camp, Shanahan said Nalen was in great shape the missed couple of weeks won't hurt at all.
              "Javon's knee is fine. He's expected to miss a couple weeks and be back 100%." Shanahan after Walker undergoing the same surgery.

Hamilton was supposed to miss a couple weeks with his concussion, and he landed on the IR.

The list goes on. Our 'expert' medical / training staff never gives us the right information.

Wouldn't surprise me if he missed a lot more time than that.

sigpic

Comment

"Javon's knee is fine. He's expected to miss a couple weeks and be back 100%." Shanahan after Walker undergoing the same surgery.

Hamilton was supposed to miss a couple weeks with his concussion, and he landed on the IR.

The list goes on. Our 'expert' medical / training staff never gives us the right information.

Wouldn't surprise me if he missed a lot more time than that.

I was about to say the same thing. Seriously how did we get our medical staff. It always seems like they are constantly wrong. They cleared Al Wilson to play even when he wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  I was about to say the same thing. Seriously how did we get our medical staff. It always seems like they are constantly wrong. They cleared Al Wilson to play even when he wasn't.
                  I hear ya brother.

Don't know how you don't suspect something when your QB drops 35 pounds even while eating and working out like mad...

That, to me, is the biggest mind-boggler.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X