Kickers (post-Elam era)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickers (post-Elam era)

How is the depth at K? The site says we got 2 kickers. Are they reliable? Will the Broncos be just fine without Jason Elam?
    sigpic

That is the 3 million dollar question.

Some of us are still trying to swallow the fact that Jason isn't a Bronco. I think I'm still in denial.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I think that this year Bronco fans will realize how significant the kciking game is when a name named Jason isn't making kicks for us.

I still disagree with it. Jason will always be my fav. Bronco.

Prater should be average i think. Me being a field goal kicker myself, it is a lot easier kicking in practice. The real question is, can he handle it in pressure?? so far his NFL career is 1/3 from the falcons.....we will see...
      Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
        That is the 3 million dollar question.

Some of us are still trying to swallow the fact that Jason isn't a Bronco. I think I'm still in denial.
        uh oh. brace yourself for the next stage. anger

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ND6iSRlG5m0&feature=related
        disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

I already am angry :/

Comment

Originally posted by Scheyjosh View Post
            I already am angry :/
            have you tried bargaining with god yet?
            disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Not yet haha

Comment

Being an OU fan, and an optimist, I have high hopes and expectations out of Garrett Hartley. Also, Prater has a very strong leg, and is said to be very accurate. I also am optimistic that we won't even NEED any field goals!!

Comment

I think that Matt Prater will win the job simply because he can boom Kick-offs, he may only hit 65% of his Field goals but he's got a great leg!

I am very excited about the lack of a kicker, this just means that our offense will have to go for it more often than not, screw it, let's just not even keep a Kicker on the roster and go for 2 every time, aww the good days, back in High School football!

Comment

Originally posted by Scheyjosh View Post
                    I think that this year Bronco fans will realize how significant the kciking game is when a name named Jason isn't making kicks for us.

I still disagree with it. Jason will always be my fav. Bronco.

Prater should be average i think. Me being a field goal kicker myself, it is a lot easier kicking in practice. The real question is, can he handle it in pressure?? so far his NFL career is 1/3 from the falcons.....we will see...

Have you tried out for the Broncos yet?

If not, what's stopping you?

sigpic
                    They're your teammates, now.
                    Best of luck, TT!
                    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                      I think that Matt Prater will win the job simply because he can boom Kick-offs, he may only hit 65% of his Field goals but he's got a great leg!

I am very excited about the lack of a kicker, this just means that our offense will have to go for it more often than not, screw it, let's just not even keep a Kicker on the roster and go for 2 every time, aww the good days, back in High School football!
                      I agree let's not even keep em guessin, just go for two and we can have niko do kickoffs with his toe just like high school too.

Prater: averaging 71.3 yards per kick on four kicks, including three touchbacks. His one field goal was a 45 yarder. Longest of 53 in college. He already has pro experience and appeared at the end of the year.

Hartley: longest college kick was 53 yards. No Experience.

Good Competition, but Ill go with Prater too, unless Niko does it just like high school.
                      sigpic
                      The Bronco fan pledge;
                      I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                      I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                      I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                      I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                      Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Even though nobody can replace Jason Elam in the hearts of Bronco fans this is promising from Garrett Hartley.
                        http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=8075
                        Hartley, who was connecting on field goals of 50 yards and beyond during practice, said Elam set a high standard for kickers in Denver.

"The guy is a legacy," he said. "If anything, it’s definitely big shoes to fill. Hopefully I’ll have the opportunity to do so."

Comment

Working...
                        X