Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As promised...Official Lorne Sam thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to know why coaches didn't draft him because this guy's measurables are crazy. He has a great guy to learn from on how to use his body in Brandon Marshall. Then he has Rod Smith helping him perfect the little things. This guy can be huge for us if he gets some playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by ELS View Post
      Sorry! Lost the Super-fro his Senior year. Told reporters that if he was going to be a team leader, then he needed to personify a leader, and he thought that included image and looking the part. I could post a couple of pics for laughs though!

Go Broncos!
      srry. no fro, no roster spot! jk. it would be cool though. i wish we had someone who had a repectable afro

Before foot surgery..low 4.4's he is still sub 4.5 and improving. I think the combine had him at 4.49 (but he was still recovering from surgery). With his size that's still pretty damn respectable. I think it's all on the NFL.com site. I know he was second in bench press with 22-23 reps. I think the only one with more might have been Royal. He almost didn't go and held out for pro-day cause he wasn't sure if he was healthy...but he did a solid!
      low 4.4 is really damn respectable for his size. he would be the fastest reciever on our roster even considering the 4.49 time other then royal of course.

and it looks like we've got some pretty buff reciever right now. i feel kind of sorry for clady right now. hes being being out bench pressed buy his runningbacks, royal, marshall, and almost by cutler and sam. i thought the lineman were supposed to be the strongest on the team!
      disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Linemen are never the strongest on the team

ELS I think you should post some pics of his super-fro

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

wait was that a joke?
          disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
            wait was that a joke?
            I meant on our team so yeah I guess it was

Comment

It would be best if he got at least a year on the practice squad. At this point we have stockpiled a bunch of vets at WR and he would hardly be able to contribute. If I recall, alot of the WR's we signed are on one year deals. Once they expire he will have a pretty decent shot at contributing.
              A book I wrote

Comment

""and it looks like we've got some pretty buff reciever right now. i feel kind of sorry for clady right now. hes being being out bench pressed buy his runningbacks, royal, marshall, and almost by cutler and sam. i thought the lineman were supposed to be the strongest on the team!""

Ryan Clady and Lorne are rommies right now, they regularly come over to my house or my brother's in the evening just to get out of the hotel. Let me say this, Ryan is a great young man, incredible character and unbelievably humble for a superstar stud. That being said, he is a monster of a man as far as size goes. I would bet my bankroll that if it came down to it he could bench head to head with Lorne and Eddie and then when they are all finished he could bench Lorne while he was holding Eddie for at least a few reps. Our left tackle position is in good hands!

Go Broncos!!
                Last edited by ELS; 06-06-2008, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I just hope this doesn't end up being like Thump Belton from last year. Just about everyone was hyping him up and then out of nowhere he was cut.

Comment

""and it looks like we've got some pretty buff reciever right now. i feel kind of sorry for clady right now. hes being being out bench pressed buy his runningbacks, royal, marshall, and almost by cutler and sam. i thought the lineman were supposed to be the strongest on the team!""

Ryan Clady and Lorne are rommies right now, they regularly come over to my house or my brother's in the evening just to get out of the hotel. Let me say this, Ryan is a great young man, incredible character and unbelievably humble for a superstar stud. That being said, he is a monster of a man as far as size goes. I would bet my bankroll that if it came down to it he could bench head to head with Lorne and Eddie and then when they are all finished he could bench Lorne while he was holding Eddie for at least a few reps. Our left tackle position is in good hands!

Go Broncos!!
                    uh huh....and since you personally know clady.....any chance you can get some autographs for a.... um... longtime friend? lol jk.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Ok, couldn't find the true Super-fro but here's a shot of the UTEP wild hair crew after Lorne was trimmed down a little. He's the opposite of Sampson, he cut his hair and got stronger!

Comment

Ok, couldn't find the true Super-fro but here's a shot of the UTEP wild hair crew after Lorne was trimmed down a little. He's the opposite of Sampson, he cut his hair and got stronger!
                        That is awesome. That is probably better than Ben Wallace's.

Comment

Go Broncos!!
                          If you're referring to his combine reps, Clady didn't pull a big number due to an injury. He strained a pec on the 24th rep and stopped there. Looking at him, it's hard to imagine him not being able to pump out about 30 or so.

Comment

While his video is impressive, and his measurables are nice, I look at Practice squad at the most!

We will keep Brandon Marshall, Brandon Stokley, Keary Colbert, Darrell Jackson, and Eddie Royal as our 5, this will leave maybe room for 1 or 2 guys on the practice squad, he will have to fight tooth and nail with Glenn Martinez, Anthony Alridge, Cliff Russell, and Samie Parker!

I would like to see him beat out these guys personally, but see Parker being the # 6 wide out!

One question though, does he have return ability?

Comment

For those who didn't read the post that prompted this thread, a WR's post questioned who is Lorne Sam? Well, as I mentioned there..I'm his uncle and a 35 year Bronco fan. I am happy as hell that he is here but this is my first and last thread about Lorne. First, check out this NFL.com video for starters...this is the NFL combine in Indy:
                              I just read his NFL.com profile since I didn't know much about him. It sounds like he'll be a great prospect for a spot on the practice squad. The receiver position is kind of crowded right now and it'll be hard for an undrafted rookie to steal one of those roster spots, although it's certainly possible since coach Shanahan is one of the best about not playing favorites.

If you could pass on some advice, I'd tell him to learn as much from possible from Rod Smith, who is reported to be making himself available to all the receivers. Rod started off on the practice squad and worked his way into multiple Pro Bowls and the Broncos' #1 all-time receiver. Rod never had elite physical skills (although they were pretty good) but he had an unsurpassed dedication to the game, including never missing a single workout for something like 13 straight years.

Lorne looks to have the physical tools and it'd be great to see him follow in Rod's footsteps. Best of luck to him!
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                                I just read his NFL.com profile since I didn't know much about him. It sounds like he'll be a great prospect for a spot on the practice squad. The receiver position is kind of crowded right now and it'll be hard for an undrafted rookie to steal one of those roster spots, although it's certainly possible since coach Shanahan is one of the best about not playing favorites.

If you could pass on some advice, I'd tell him to learn as much from possible from Rod Smith, who is reported to be making himself available to all the receivers. Rod started off on the practice squad and worked his way into multiple Pro Bowls and the Broncos' #1 all-time receiver. Rod never had elite physical skills (although they were pretty good) but he had an unsurpassed dedication to the game, including never missing a single workout for something like 13 straight years.

Lorne looks to have the physical tools and it'd be great to see him follow in Rod's footsteps. Best of luck to him!

Hail to the King, baby!
                                :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Working...
                                X