Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As promised...Official Lorne Sam thread!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    While his video is impressive, and his measurables are nice, I look at Practice squad at the most!

    We will keep Brandon Marshall, Brandon Stokley, Keary Colbert, Darrell Jackson, and Eddie Royal as our 5, this will leave maybe room for 1 or 2 guys on the practice squad, he will have to fight tooth and nail with Glenn Martinez, Anthony Alridge, Cliff Russell, and Samie Parker!

    I would like to see him beat out these guys personally, but see Parker being the # 6 wide out!

    One question though, does he have return ability?
    No way, and granted I am biased...but no way he loses a spot to Parker. Never panned out, don't thnink he ever will. As far SpTeams, he is currently working on the kick return, kickoff and punt. You combine this with the fact that he is one of the only receivers currently learning all three spots and he still just won the camp playbook challenge....he is helping his chances. It is what it is...and we shall see!!! But it's gonna be fun to watch!

    PS- Martinez' chances are hurt because his returner spot is now clearly being held by a young man named Royal!!!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ELS View Post
      No way, and granted I am biased...but no way he loses a spot to Parker. Never panned out, don't thnink he ever will. As far SpTeams, he is currently working on the kick return, kickoff and punt. You combine this with the fact that he is one of the only receivers currently learning all three spots and he still just won the camp playbook challenge....he is helping his chances. It is what it is...and we shall see!!! But it's gonna be fun to watch!

      PS- Martinez' chances are hurt because his returner spot is now clearly being held by a young man named Royal!!!

      No worrys here. Martinez only got playing time last year becuase everyone else go hurt. I dont care who returns a punt for a td, if you get the right blocks, anyone can take it to the house even that guy up in section 530 who dresses up like Shanahan.

      (trash + no fro + monkey face = martinez being cut)

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by ELS View Post
        No way, and granted I am biased...but no way he loses a spot to Parker. Never panned out, don't thnink he ever will. As far SpTeams, he is currently working on the kick return, kickoff and punt. You combine this with the fact that he is one of the only receivers currently learning all three spots and he still just won the camp playbook challenge....he is helping his chances. It is what it is...and we shall see!!! But it's gonna be fun to watch!

        PS- Martinez' chances are hurt because his returner spot is now clearly being held by a young man named Royal!!!
        what is the camp playbook challenge?

        Comment


        • #34
          Cool hair..........thanks for the pic. Al right, I'm officially a Lorne Sam fan. I hope he takes full advantage of what's available to him, as it sounds like he is. Being real.....it sounds as if he is slated for the practice squad. After these one year deals are done, and if Lorne continues to put in the hard work he has been, then he should have a strong chance to make the team next year.

          2009 wr class
          1. B-Marsh
          2. Colbert
          3. Royal
          4. Lorne Sam
          5. ?????

          Comment


          • #35
            i say cut colbert and put sam on the team, he cant be any worse

            plus hes bigger seems faster, and probably has better hands
            sigpic
            -------

            Comment


            • #36
              i don't know. sam looks like hes got GREAT measurables, maybe the best on our team right now. hes tied for the tallest reciever right now (with marshall) is second in weight behind marshall, and believe it or not even with his bad 4.49 time then hes the second fastest behind royal.

              only thing is from what i'm reading hes apparently inconsistent with catching the ball. anyone know anything about that?
              disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by rockrules40 View Post
                what is the camp playbook challenge?

                It's nothing huge, they just develop a way to determine if the newbies are picking up the playbook. This year was a Jeopardy game. They also post stats like least mental errors and drops...etc. If you saw Shanahan on TV last night he was talking abou the stats they are keep for the kickers (attempts, successes, get-offs, distances etc) They do something similar for each posistion includign WRs. Stokley is typically the star from what I hear.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                  No worrys here. Martinez only got playing time last year becuase everyone else go hurt. I dont care who returns a punt for a td, if you get the right blocks, anyone can take it to the house even that guy up in section 530 who dresses up like Shanahan.

                  (trash + no fro + monkey face = martinez being cut)
                  I don't know if just "anyone" can take it to the house on a return...that takes some skills...and the dude decked out in section 530 is good for a 10 yard loss just trying to pick up the ball... it's just not gonna happen. However, I have always said that with the right blocking scheme, anybody can run for 100yrds in a game. Thats why we went through sooo many backs who seemed to be great then played the "move on for more money card" and heven't doen squat. During those years we had the right scheme with the right players rotating through the right spots.. I always said that my grandma could have run for 70yards a game...serious...and she had been dead for over eight years at that time.
                  Special teams (especialy returning) is a different game, you've got to have a special set to be successful (I think that's why it got named special teams). That's also why it is soo rare that a Hester, shows up..when he does he is compared to the previous phenom (Chiefs Donte Hall...before that probably Dieon and before that, who knows.....not many have that "special" set. I hope Royal is the real deal....only time will tell!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                    No worrys here. Martinez only got playing time last year becuase everyone else go hurt. I dont care who returns a punt for a td, if you get the right blocks, anyone can take it to the house even that guy up in section 530 who dresses up like Shanahan.

                    (trash + no fro + monkey face = martinez being cut)
                    You see I always though that Martinez looked more like a fish than anything else. Then again I think the same thing about Andre Hall.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                      You see I always though that Martinez looked more like a fish than anything else. Then again I think the same thing about Andre Hall.
                      did anyone else think that he looked funny? like it looked like his legs weren't all that long, but the distance from his shoulders to his waist was like really really long. like he has a really tall upper body
                      disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                        did anyone else think that he looked funny? like it looked like his legs weren't all that long, but the distance from his shoulders to his waist was like really really long. like he has a really tall upper body
                        That's because he's a fish just like Andre Hall. Why do we have 2 players that look like fish? Also for the past few years our RB's faces have looked the same in their helmet to me. Well except for last year

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          That's because he's a fish just like Andre Hall. Why do we have 2 players that look like fish? Also for the past few years our RB's faces have looked the same in their helmet to me. Well except for last year
                          yeah that is true lol. the only one that didn' imo was mike bell. hes got that permantantly suprised look you know what i mean? but yeah travis henry, selvin, tatum bell
                          disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                            yeah that is true lol. the only one that didn' imo was mike bell. hes got that permantantly suprised look you know what i mean? but yeah travis henry, selvin, tatum bell
                            I was always watching and I see a RB running off the field and then they would show the face of the RB that was coming into the game and I was confused as to why our RB just ran to the sideline and ran back. I always just thought our RBs were stupid until I noticed the different numbers.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              I was always watching and I see a RB running off the field and then they would show the face of the RB that was coming into the game and I was confused as to why our RB just ran to the sideline and ran back. I always just thought our RBs were stupid until I noticed the different numbers.
                              hahahah lmao. were you also wondering how they changed jerseys so fast before you realized that the numbers identify the players?
                              disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                                hahahah lmao. were you also wondering how they changed jerseys so fast before you realized that the numbers identify the players?
                                My stepdad tried to convince me once that they have guys that paint the yellow first down lines on the field. I never believed him but he would try so hard almost like he believed it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X