Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As promised...Official Lorne Sam thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by ELS View Post
    Sorry! Lost the Super-fro his Senior year. Told reporters that if he was going to be a team leader, then he needed to personify a leader, and he thought that included image and looking the part. I could post a couple of pics for laughs though!

Go Broncos!
    It kind of reminded me of Randy Moss in Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• ELS
    replied
    Sorry! Lost the Super-fro his Senior year. Told reporters that if he was going to be a team leader, then he needed to personify a leader, and he thought that included image and looking the part. I could post a couple of pics for laughs though!

Go Broncos!

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    I think this kid has a lot of potential. I think he makes the practice squad this year

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Does he still have an afro?

Leave a comment:

• ELS
    started a topic As promised...Official Lorne Sam thread!!!

As promised...Official Lorne Sam thread!!!

For those who didn't read the post that prompted this thread, a WR's post questioned who is Lorne Sam? Well, as I mentioned there..I'm his uncle and a 35 year Bronco fan. I am happy as hell that he is here but this is my first and last thread about Lorne. First, check out this NFL.com video for starters...this is the NFL combine in Indy:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80737318

Now the scoop. He came out of High School Rated Rivals 23rd (I believe) Top Athlete in the nation after taking his High School (Buford HS -Buford GA) to an undefeated State Championship Season. Most impressive stat (one you don't hear of at any level) was that he never threw an interception, with exception of a halftime Hail Mary in the State Championship Game ( his coach still regrets the call). Was originally, going to Va Tech (which is why Marcus Vick was heading to Virginia -as not to have to compete) But then decided to join his older brother (PK) at Florida State instead. Bowden moved him to WR he wanted to play QB and so he transferred to UTEP. PLayed QB/WR and RB but stats were limitted due missing 3 games (and part of the 4th) with a broken foot. Still had combined 1,000 yards offense. Average about 15 yrds a catch and 5 yard per rush throughout his college career. His biggest criticism in college was he needed to focus on one position (not his call), and work on perfecting crisp routes.
    Good young man. Rooms with Ryan Clady. Having a great camp, good grasp of the playbook and catching everyhing thrown his way. Big WR at 6'3" - 220lbs. Was born here in Denver before moving to Georgia, we lost his father last year and he rests here in Denver as well. His sister is Autumn Sam, Sports Anchor in El Paso, TX. And that's the skinny on my nephew. I wouldn't count him out when you're putting together your final roster spots! Wish him luck and show some respect...he is family and I'm bigger than he is!!!! LOL But true!

Go Broncos!!!
Working...
X