Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, Here's my prediction...take it to the bank!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, Here's my prediction...take it to the bank!!

Now I don't claim to be a prophet, I don't make a lot of "straight out of left field" predictions and I don't have a crystal ball...but every once in a while, I get a...it's more than a hunch...it' almost ....at risk of sounding like a psychic.....well, let's call it a vision! Some times its just a good guess based on a lot of football knowledge and a good feel for how my team's key decision makers (coaches, scouts and owners) do business, but either way....they're rare (the visions)...but they are usually dead on target.

The last one came after the first preseason game during Cutler's rookie year. I was talking to Adam Shefter at the Airport (I am a Supervisor of Operations for a Major Airline and we run the Denver Bronco Team Charter...This has been one of my responsibilities since about 1999). I was talking up Cutler (his size, his arm, his strength, his brains) and how much I believe that he has all of ability to be a future "John Elway". He (Adam) was playing it much more reserved, acted as though he wasn't sold yet and said it would be 2-3 years before he even gets an opportunity to begin to really compete and show us what he has at this level (because at that time Jake was the obvious starter and Jay was our investment for the future). WRONG!!! I had just had a vision and was trying to decide if I should share at the risk of sounding like an idiot.

I had to, I had to let him know that there was no question how wrong he was.....and that when I bet the guy who is supposed to be the "reporter-in-the-know"...that he was wrong. But I didn't stop there he needed to know how wrong he was. I told Adam that not only would we not have to wait 2-3 years to see him play, but that I would bet him that Jay would be our starter before his rookie season was over. He then started telling me how little I knew about MY TEAM, and how even if it were tempting, Shanahan would NEVER bench his proven veteran, pro-bowl potential QB for a rookie to come off the bench , get killed and ruin his confidence.

He doubted me!!!! That's when I guaranteed that not only was it going to happen...but I also felt like I had to tell him exactly how it would go down. I told Adam that Jake was going to start the season like a super-star, we would start winning, and then the real Jake, the one who coninues to make bad decisions would show himself... and after a coulple of 3 INT 2 Fumble performances that cost us a couple of games, I guaranteed that MY COACH would not watch a $10 Million investment (and probably the better player already at that point) sit the bench while we lose games. I made the call (after only one preseason outing) that Cutler would be our starter before the end of his rookie campaign. We shook and he laughed at me. Needless to say he's been dodging me ever since! (OK, I don't know if he's really ducking me, because I Supervise a different part of the company and I am not at the boarding of every team flight anymore...but I keep telling the guy who is now, to remind him of my vision and our bet!

So, what is the current vision???? After the way our moderator "ate-up" our boy who got caught lying about his imaginary posted predictions....I had to make sure that this was more than a huinch....but another true vision....it is the real deal....so here's my call:

ELS promises... that Mike Shanahan, Pat Bowlen and the boyz ...will work an earth shaking type ...multi player and/or multi pick deal..... for our one true missing element: A Serious Big Name "RUNNING BACK" ....I know, I know....you say it will never happen, don't need it, plenty of potential and even proven talent that just needed the support....we got the support...Seliven, Pittman and the current studs will step up......I hear you....but this is a guarantee....and when it happens....we will return to the elite status and feared frachise that we once were. I am not talking about a solid "Travis Henry" type deal....I mean, the missing element, clear super star starter this year and the runningback of the future.

After this off-season and what we brought in.... all we've done to shore up "D", improve Cutler's targets, and bring back the locker-room laughing, super talented (but TEAM before ME) youthful, competetive ballplayers with spirit and pride......a real threat at RB is all that's missing to win and win now!!!

I don't have to remind you how close we were for all those years with Elway....but no serious take-it-to-the house back. The moment "he" came....so did the success...the glory....the championships.

Well get ready, "HE" is on his way to Denver. I know our moderators will remind you all that I was the first to promise his arrival (or ride me out of town like I was a Schwinn if I'm .......NO.....There is no other option, it will happen!!! We'll all have lots to talk about soon!!

Go Broncos!!! ELS

ps- to make it a true vision-come-true.....it will not be anyone mentioned as even a possibility to this point!
    Last edited by ELS; 06-09-2008, 09:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Okaaaay, unless were talking about landing a Frank Gore, Stephen Jackson, Brian Westbrook, or some one of that caliber, It won't give us that big of an advantage. And those guys would be waayy too pricey to bring in. RB's are risky because they have the shortest careers of the average position. I like what we have right now and I doubt Shanny will shift from his strategy of focusing on the draft after only a year of proclaiming that as his intention.
    A book I wrote

Comment

I just don't see it. Shanahan has surprised me a few times, but this would be shocking, and who would we trade? I think we have talented guys at RB, and I don't see why a team would trade a big name guy, unless he is a problem guy, they got a better guy in the wings, or he is on the backend of his career with a high salary. Either way, not a bonus for us. Selvin and Torain are going to be the one-two punch this year, with Pittman as insurance.
      Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

What are you smoking?

What RB is out there that would warrant such a trade? And what team would be dumb enough to give up such a RB?

Do you really think that Shanahan would let another team potentially do to him what he did to the Redskins when he gave them Portis for Bailey?
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
          Okaaaay, unless were talking about landing a Frank Gore, Stephen Jackson, Brian Westbrook, or some one of that caliber, It won't give us that big of an advantage. And those guys would be waayy too pricey to bring in. RB's are risky because they have the shortest careers of the average position. I like what we have right now and I doubt Shanny will shift from his strategy of focusing on the draft after only a year of proclaiming that as his intention.
          In my humble opinion Gore doesn't belong on the list with the other two...I would be bummed and wouldn't consider it legit if it were Gore! And I see that you don't quite get it, this is not theory.....IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!! It's a vision dude..not a wish. If Shanny followed his norm...it eould not happen....no big deal....not vision worthy....this will be huge....dogs and cats living together type stuff!!!! LOL The Big Picture is coming!!!

Comment

Why not put Lorne at RB?

Do we have some inside info? Or is this all gut?

Give us a name! A team? A clue? I don't see anyone out there that I would want, and this better not be a Ricky Williams rumor.
            Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

The Vikings are trading us Peterson? Wow!

But seriously, I can't think of anyone outside our division or who wasn't just drafted that is even a possibility of being traded from their current teams... or who I'd WANT the Broncos to sell the farm for.

We should make do with what we have this year, see if anyone emerges as a star, and look to the draft NEXT year. I don't want some aging running back, even if very talented, and have to trade away a ton to get him. I want an elite running back at the beginning of his career, not creeping toward the infamous 30 year mark for running backs.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                What are you smoking?

What RB is out there that would warrant such a trade? And what team would be dumb enough to give up such a RB?

Do you really think that Shanahan would let another team potentially do to him what he did to the Redskins when he gave them Portis for Bailey?
                Of course Shanahan would not allow us to end up on the Portis end of this trade...he is "the man" when it comes to both 1) recognizing true talent versus fading skills and 2) structuring the trades that are ideally attractive to the other team involved. (Remember how many Bronco faithful thought that he was crazy for the Portis trade that you mention..."Champ is past prime"...'Portis is the future star of the league"....WRONG!!!!!!!! And I have no idea why you think that there are no big name backs to fill the bill Did you watch the draft? If you take a look at the league, there are several (I mean multiple) teams who have returning big name backs who will be joined by top round picks (real competition) in camp....there will be moves.....and one is coming to Denver! We have some pretty good bait ourselves that happens to match up pretty well with some of these candidates' teams ...we've got incredible depth at some positions........so much that we will be in a position that if we don't structure a trade, we will be forced to just release players that will absolutely be playing for someone else this season!!! Get something...or get nothing?.....that answer is obvious,,,,so you just package a deal for what you need! We need the killer back and Shanny will get him! We can clearly pay for the talent that we acquire, we freed up a small butt load of cash when we released Henry (remember what we were paying for him?...you can't blame the brotha.....he had eight kids to support and eight babies mommas to payoff)..so that cash is ours again ...and depending upon exactly who we package up to ship out...we could come out well ahead. So, now....think of all of the teams who now are in the opposite position at RB....multiple big backs....all healthy....all getting paid.......to sit a bench? I don't think so. And we will not settle for any more character issues (theres a new, rule...6 kids max for unmarried players).
                Oh, and since you asked....this is not inside info...but it's not just gut either....remember....it's a vision!!!!! LOL
                Last edited by ELS; 06-08-2008, 09:30 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

I know who fits that bill, and he would be a sick addition
                  sigpic

Comment

I can see Cadillac Williams coming over if he gets healthy or Earnest Graham. Possibly even Ronnie Brown.

Comment

There were rumors before the draft that the Cowboys would trade Barber to the Dolphins. If there was any truth to those rumors, then maybe the Cowboys would make a trade with the Broncos. Other than that, there's nobody.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I doubt it. We got all our previous elite RB's via the draft, I don't see why would do it a different way and sell the farm. I'm eager to see what this Torain kid's got and how the new and improved Selvin Young performs. But that's just me

sigpic

Comment

I don't doubt that people have visions. But, I just can't imagine who this back would be? It really has me thinking. Who?
                          sigpic

Comment

trade Dre Bly to the Steelers for Rashard Mendenhall just to make broncokazuki stop whining

Comment

How about Joseph Addai? Since we're playing the vision game, what would you give up for him?

Comment

Working...
                              X