Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, Here's my prediction...take it to the bank!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    Wow... I gonn abe nice, but I think this thread failed. Even for entertainment.
    Just have some faith in Shanny.......you'll come around after its a done deal!

Comment

Originally posted by ELS View Post
      Now I don't claim to be a prophet, I don't make a lot of "straight out of left field" predictions and I don't have a crystal ball...but every once in a while, I get a...it's more than a hunch...it' almost ....at risk of sounding like a psychic.....well, let's call it a vision! Some times its just a good guess based on a lot of football knowledge and a good feel for how my team's key decision makers (coaches, scouts and owners) do business, but either way....they're rare (the visions)...but they are usually dead on target.

The last one came after the first preseason game during Cutler's rookie year. I was talking to Adam Shefter at the Airport (I am a Supervisor of Operations for a Major Airline and we run the Denver Bronco Team Charter...This has been one of my responsibilities since about 1999). I was talking up Cutler (his size, his arm, his strength, his brains) and how much I believe that he has all of ability to be a future "John Elway". He (Adam) was playing it much more reserved, acted as though he wasn't sold yet and said it would be 2-3 years before he even gets an opportunity to begin to really compete and show us what he has at this level (because at that time Jake was the obvious starter and Jay was our investment for the future). WRONG!!! I had just had a vision and was trying to decide if I should share at the risk of sounding like an idiot.

I had to, I had to let him know that there was no question how wrong he was.....and that when I bet the guy who is supposed to be the "reporter-in-the-know"...that he was wrong. But I didn't stop there he needed to know how wrong he was. I told Adam that not only would we not have to wait 2-3 years to see him play, but that I would bet him that Jay would be our starter before his rookie season was over. He then started telling me how little I knew about MY TEAM, and how even if it were tempting, Shanahan would NEVER bench his proven veteran, pro-bowl potential QB for a rookie to come off the bench , get killed and ruin his confidence.

He doubted me!!!! That's when I guaranteed that not only was it going to happen...but I also felt like I had to tell him exactly how it would go down. I told Adam that Jake was going to start the season like a super-star, we would start winning, and then the real Jake, the one who coninues to make bad decisions would show himself... and after a coulple of 3 INT 2 Fumble performances that cost us a couple of games, I guaranteed that MY COACH would not watch a $10 Million investment (and probably the better player already at that point) sit the bench while we lose games. I made the call (after only one preseason outing) that Cutler would be our starter before the end of his rookie campaign. We shook and he laughed at me. Needless to say he's been dodging me ever since! (OK, I don't know if he's really ducking me, because I Supervise a different part of the company and I am not at the boarding of every team flight anymore...but I keep telling the guy who is now, to remind him of my vision and our bet!

So, what is the current vision???? After the way our moderator "ate-up" our boy who got caught lying about his imaginary posted predictions....I had to make sure that this was more than a huinch....but another true vision....it is the real deal....so here's my call:

ELS promises... that Mike Shanahan, Pat Bowlen and the boyz ...will work an earth shaking type ...multi player and/or multi pick deal..... for our one true missing element: A Serious Big Name "RUNNING BACK" ....I know, I know....you say it will never happen, don't need it, plenty of potential and even proven talent that just needed the support....we got the support...Seliven, Pittman and the current studs will step up......I hear you....but this is a guarantee....and when it happens....we will return to the elite status and feared frachise that we once were. I am not talking about a solid "Travis Henry" type deal....I mean, the missing element, clear super star starter this year and the runningback of the future.

After this off-season and what we brought in.... all we've done to shore up "D", improve Cutler's targets, and bring back the locker-room laughing, super talented (but TEAM before ME) youthful, competetive ballplayers with spirit and pride......a real threat at RB is all that's missing to win and win now!!!

I don't have to remind you how close we were for all those years with Elway....but no serious take-it-to-the house back. The moment "he" came....so did the success...the glory....the championships.

Well get ready, "HE" is on his way to Denver. I know our moderators will remind you all that I was the first to promise his arrival (or ride me out of town like I was a Schwinn if I'm .......NO.....There is no other option, it will happen!!! We'll all have lots to talk about soon!!

Go Broncos!!! ELS

ps- to make it a true vision-come-true.....it will not be anyone mentioned as even a possibility to this point!
      they had their chance last year to get adrian peterson in the draft last year,but mike choose to go with the dope smoker t.henrey.
      elway going to save the broncos again.yes!

Comment

Originally posted by horseplay View Post
        they had their chance last year to get adrian peterson in the draft last year,but mike choose to go with the dope smoker t.henrey.
        key words are instant SUPER STAR

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          key words are instant SUPER STAR
          Might as well let us in on what was seen. This is starting to get old.
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

you know, the second henry was released my brother called me and said that he thought that something was up. then we signed pittman and the something was not such a big deal anymore. we have some serious potential with young and torain. however, something in me wants to be a believer and i just can't explain why. is it that you may be right on target with your vision or is it that i just want it so badly? i know i didnt want it badly before i read this thread, so its got to be the right on target thing. except for the fact that i just can't see any instant super star backs out there that have a chance of ending up in denver. man, this is killing me and it simply should not be. i should not even be posting a response. i can't help it though, i mean, its too interesting to just leave alone. i simply don't know what to think. is this a joke or is there some merit to it? man, its killin me.

Dennis Smith/ my all-time favorite Denver Bronco.

props to Snk16 for the sig!

Comment

Dudes,

I didn't "see" anything ....literally!! I didn't watch Shanahan hand Bowlen a letter demanding a star back. By "vision"...I just meant my own personal vision....It's what I believe will happen. This all started as a humorous post and a way to express what I would like to "see"....vision. But I am amazed how many people on here know their footballl because some very realistic possibilities have been mentioned.

However, after hearing Selvin on TV the last few days,maybe we should let him try to prove himself...he certainly has the confidence.

Comment

Yeah! I agree. To make it a true Vision. Who is it?
                sigpic

Comment

Dudes,

I didn't "see" anything ....literally!! I didn't watch Shanahan hand Bowlen a letter demanding a star back. By "vision"...I just meant my own personal vision....It's what I believe will happen. This all started as a humorous post and a way to express what I would like to "see"....vision. But I am amazed how many people on here know their footballl because some very realistic possibilities have been mentioned.

However, after hearing Selvin on TV the last few days,maybe we should let him try to prove himself...he certainly has the confidence.
                  Man, thats jacked up!
                  sigpic

Comment

Dudes,

Man, that sucked. I read it as you had a "vision" that you weren't gonna share, but for all of us to wait and see. It sounde dlike you had a clear idea what/who you were talking about. You suck!!!

Can I still come to that bbq??
                    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I'm just amazed at how many people have bought into this crap. First off - use a little common sense. There ISN'T an available stud future back available or projected to become available. That right there cancels this out. This "vision" is bunk. And some notion of Cutler starting sometime in his rookie season was exactly what others were saying - that's no "vision", that's just excitement. Guys, don't buy into this silliness, we're set at RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky Pits View Post
                        I'm just amazed at how many people have bought into this crap. First off - use a little common sense. There ISN'T an available stud future back available or projected to become available. That right there cancels this out. This "vision" is bunk. And some notion of Cutler starting sometime in his rookie season was exactly what others were saying - that's no "vision", that's just excitement. Guys, don't buy into this silliness, we're set at RB.
                        hey stinky i think we all knew it was just a joke from the beginning. thats what made it fun to buy into. i mean, it is the off season and there is not a ton of things to grasp on to at this point. our rb position is in pretty good hands i think we would all agree, but it can be fun to speculate at this time just for the hell of it. i thought els did a good jog of leading us on until he came in and admitted it was a joke. els you should have let it ride for a little longer, we were all lathering from the mouth. by the way stinky, i freaking love the sig with kobe, phil, pao, and voujochich (i hate that guy)LMFAO.

Dennis Smith/ my all-time favorite Denver Bronco.

props to Snk16 for the sig!

Comment

Man, that sucked. I read it as you had a "vision" that you weren't gonna share, but for all of us to wait and see. It sounde dlike you had a clear idea what/who you were talking about. You suck!!!

Can I still come to that bbq??
                          Yes, you can still come because you seem to be pretty cool!! lol

But as far as soo many people reading into it more that what was there.....I strated off by saying "I'm not a psychic....I don't have a crystal ball"....then I talked about a previous prediction....and "vision" I have fo rthe future. Don't get me wrong..I still fully believe this will happen. But people started reading movie lines like "dogs and cats living together" (Ghostbusters) and thinking it had a deeper meaning (within our division)....and asking for exact names or dates...then I realized most people are reading the responses (which are prety damn good) more than my post. SO, I stand by this vision...but realize, this is my vision, prediction, ....not a prophet but I'm betting on it. No inside info on this or I would have gladly given details...if it was something that I couldn't give details about....I wouldn't have said anything to begin with.

I have to say out of all of the names this thread brought up I would love to see Steven Jackson (personal favorite), with Willie Parker or Ronnie Brown as good possibilities also. We will all have to wait and "SEE".....

Comment

I'd love to see Adrian Peterson. Since it's already never going to happen (damn you Travis Henry for ruining this possibility) let's shoot for the gold.

Comment

Working...
                            X