Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxworth

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Foxworth

    Im sorry but i do not see foxworth replacing champ or bly as a starter, ever. He has speed, but he has a very hard time tackling in the open field. I not going to say that i don't like him, because I believe that he does give it his all every play. but some people act like he is going to be so good since he has played with champ, but i think that is just a pipe dream. I hope he can turn the corner, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

  • #2
    Give him time, there is still a lot of football to be played before we need to worry about that. If he does not get better, there is always FA or the Draft.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

    Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by broncosbuf15 View Post
      Im sorry but i do not see foxworth replacing champ or bly as a starter, ever. He has speed, but he has a very hard time tackling in the open field. I not going to say that i don't like him, because I believe that he does give it his all every play. but some people act like he is going to be so good since he has played with champ, but i think that is just a pipe dream. I hope he can turn the corner, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
      Playing out of position hurt his performence. I think next year he will be better, And dont forget our DB's had a ruff time anyways because of poor line play.


      :salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

      Comment


      • #4
        Im sorry but i do not see foxworth replacing champ or bly as a starter, ever. He has speed, but he has a very hard time tackling in the open field.
        And Bly can tackle? Since when?


        My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

        I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
          Playing out of position hurt his performence. I think next year he will be better, And dont forget our DB's had a ruff time anyways because of poor line play.
          I agree that our line really hurt our CB's. Playing safety didn't help either. I just think that there was a reason that they choose to move him to safety. He is young and quick, but he gets beat a lot. I think that he could be better if he got more steady reps, but I just dont see the ball skills in his game. To me all his picks seem to be more a bad throw than a great play by him. But we will see. The Broncos better be damn sure about him and Paymath after this season cause they are both going to want big time jack
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by japfaff View Post
            I agree that our line really hurt our CB's. Playing safety didn't help either. I just think that there was a reason that they choose to move him to safety. He is young and quick, but he gets beat a lot. I think that he could be better if he got more steady reps, but I just dont see the ball skills in his game. To me all his picks seem to be more a bad throw than a great play by him. But we will see. The Broncos better be damn sure about him and Paymath after this season cause they are both going to want big time jack
            The biggest thing I look at when thinking about Fox is how fast he came up the latter in his rookie season, He was solid and he is fast enough to turn it in to somthing else if he can learn from Dre and Champ.

            But I agree right now he's not that great. I just want to see him actully play CB and learn that position, Maybe with a better Dline and the DWill tragedy faded from memory he can focus on improving his position. lets face it he was no Dwill.


            :salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
              The biggest thing I look at when thinking about Fox is how fast he came up the latter in his rookie season, He was solid and he is fast enough to turn it in to somthing else if he can learn from Dre and Champ.

              But I agree right now he's not that great. I just want to see him actully play CB and learn that position, Maybe with a better Dline and the DWill tragedy faded from memory he can focus on improving his position. lets face it he was no Dwill.
              I agree with the line in bold. It's entirely too early to call him out as a bad player, since he has never gotten a chance to be a starter. I don't think he's a bad tackler either, 173 tackles in 3 years isn't bad for a backup CB IMO. In his first 3 years Champ got 200 tackles, and much of that time he was a starting CB. If there was a WR in the open field and I had to chose between Foxworth, Paymah, Bly, or Abdullah to make the open field tackle, I would chose Foxworth.

              Comment


              • #8
                Foxworth has already peaked.
                KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                  I agree that our line really hurt our CB's. Playing safety didn't help either. I just think that there was a reason that they choose to move him to safety. He is young and quick, but he gets beat a lot. I think that he could be better if he got more steady reps, but I just dont see the ball skills in his game. To me all his picks seem to be more a bad throw than a great play by him. But we will see. The Broncos better be damn sure about him and Paymath after this season cause they are both going to want big time jack
                  i think the reason was we needed a safety and we had more depth at CB with Paymah...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
                    And Bly can tackle? Since when?
                    Well he does a hell of a lot better job than Foxy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                      Well he does a hell of a lot better job than Foxy.
                      He doesn't get beat deep as much as Bly.

                      I haven't seen anyone get beat that much in Denver since Deltha O Neal.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                        He doesn't get beat deep as much as Bly.

                        I haven't seen anyone get beat that much in Denver since Deltha O Neal.
                        lol Dre did great, He didnt get beat that much, He was playing run support and no help over the top with a NEW team that was running a new scheme. With a Horrable Dline.

                        No these arguments do not get old and will not go away untill you relieze that Dre had a dam good year. He was also our INT leader dont forget.


                        :salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I really believe that at this stage of their careers, Foxworth is just as good as the soon to be 32 year old Bly.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                            lol Dre did great, He didnt get beat that much, He was playing run support and no help over the top with a NEW team that was running a new scheme. With a Horrable Dline.

                            No these arguments do not get old and will not go away untill you relieze that Dre had a dam good year. He was also our INT leader dont forget.

                            Deltha ONeal was also our interception leader here.

                            Dre Bly also led Detroit with interceptions. As well as TD's given up.

                            Perhaps him going for so many interceptions is the reason why he gives up so many big plays. It's a good thing Oakland had a terrible QB last year, or Denver would have lost both games. Bly was abused by Porter worse than Champ was in his injury riddled season,

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Dre has been called Dre "toast" Bly since college.... and it hasn't changed a bit.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X