Very Good Read From Walter Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Good Read From Walter Football

this is very good reading and seems to be done very well also. I think for a change we have a writer here who knows how to write evenly about a team instead of focusing on just good or bad.

very indepth analysis and reporting.........check it out!!!

http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2008den.php

Good read. As much as I like Williams, I am inclined to agree that an ILB would have been better, but I'm happy with Williams. He's right though, we have a lot of question marks, but he still gave us a 9-7 record and said the only reason the Chargers beat us out for the playoffs is because of more divisional victories. I don't agree with what he said about the #2 WRs though, I think Colbert will do very well here.
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

Comment

he didn't mention marlon mccree in the additions.

but....

1. of djax, parker, colbert, and royal one will have a breakout year across from marshall (if its a one year wonder i'm ok with that but cross your fingers)

2. we might not get more sacks but the fact that opposing o-lines have to worry about more of our d-line than dumervil will allow us to but more pressure on the qb

3. niko will do good at mlb. our defense doesn't want or require the mlb to stop all running plays (which is what dj had to do last year). we have three fast lb's that swarm to the ball and make group tackles. thats how our run d works (not webster and gold limping behind)

watch highlights of our 2006(?) d with dj al wilson and gold. they all swarm to the ball

like killer bees somebody should make a backer corps graphic
      Don't call it a comeback... we've been doing this for years :salute!: Go Denver!

Comment

Wow, that has to be one of the best fantasy reviews I 've seen in a long time.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

good read, thanks for posting

Comment

I agree with everything he said EXCEPT his take on the #2 guys at WR, Niko at MLB, and the O-line.

1) Colbert and Jackson are without question better than what we had last year!

2) Niko played well when he got the chance, which was a rarity because of Tatupu's durability and stellar performance!

3) The O-line was vastly improved the minute we drafted Ryan Clady and Kory Lichtensteiger. I think this guy and many others are underrating us in some areas!

Other than that though I think the guy is dead on.
            2008 Record-
            10-6-12-4
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
              Good read. As much as I like Williams, I am inclined to agree that an ILB would have been better, but I'm happy with Williams. He's right though, we have a lot of question marks, but he still gave us a 9-7 record and said the only reason the Chargers beat us out for the playoffs is because of more divisional victories. I don't agree with what he said about the #2 WRs though, I think Colbert will do very well here.
              Hahahahahaha! Wait, were you serious? I've seen Colbert play in person many times because I live by Charlotte and he is just god awful. He can't catch anything. I'm surprised he even made it to denver, didn't think he could catch the plane.
              sigpic
              Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Thanks for the link. That was a good read.

I agree with what everyone else has said, but would like to add that he didn't even mention Kuper on the O-line. I think Kuper will be competing with Pears at Right tackle early in the year until Harris wins the job, then Kuper will be a good option backing up guard or tackle. Doesn't improve the starting o-line very much, but he is depth, and that is important too, especially in the 4th quarter.

Comment

Despite Jackson's terrible hands he can still produces. Also I'm surprised no one brought up what he said about Tom Nalen. He said that there's a huge hole at C and we have to hope Kory Lichtensteiger impresses at training camp. Now I know Nalen had an off year last year but he tore it before he was put on the IR. Seriously Nalen is a great center and will do good this year if completely healthy.

On the defensive side of the ball he said DeWayne Robertson wouldn't help much in stopping the run and that he would only help rushing the passer. I disagree with that because he's a NT and he will take up 2 blockers and free up other D-linemen to stop the run. Niko's a smart and fast player that can step up to fill the RB's holes.

Comment

That guy is smoking crack if he thinks BOTH the Broncos and the Chargers finish at 9-7.

http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2008den.php

http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2008sd.php

He states that the Chargers will most likely start off 5-0, which means he expects them to end the season 4-7?

Unlikely.

In the end, he pretty much admits the Chargers will be 12-4 or 11-5 (with that schedule, more like 13-3), but assumes injuries will play a major role.

Huh?

When doing season previews or projections, the only way to be objective is to work with the premise that everyone who appears healthy and participating in preseason workouts and mincamp will be 100% for the season. It's the only way to have a level playing field when attempting to be "objective".

Also, the Broncos received no more than 3 stars (other than coaching which is a VERY generous gift), while the Chargers received 4 stars or higher in 5 of 9 categories. Yet they will both be 9-7?

Yeah, very good read.

Comment

yeah i definatly don't agree with his fantasy predictions for jackson. i don't care how horrible his hands are if he could consistently get 100 yards and 5 plus TDs back in seatle then he deserves more credit. even with alex smith as a qb he still got what, like 600 yards? i think him getting over one thousand yards again is very likely
                      disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

One star for special teams...wow, I hope he's wrong. Wouldn't it be cool if we could block and tackle this year?

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                          Hahahahahaha! Wait, were you serious? I've seen Colbert play in person many times because I live by Charlotte and he is just god awful. He can't catch anything. I'm surprised he even made it to denver, didn't think he could catch the plane.
                          Did you watch him his rookie year? He did good then, and since then his QB has stunk.
                          sigpic
                          Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                            Did you watch him his rookie year? He did good then, and since then his QB has stunk.

That didn't seem to hurt Steve Smith much.

Comment

I didn't like the 5 star grading system...I thought it was pretty harsh...

I understand that I have a bias opinion..

Made for a good read though....Lets hope the Broncos prove to be at least 4 star all across the board ..Next year at this time ...
                              :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Working...
                              X