the Broncos got fleeced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    You can say a lot of things but you cant say he sucked. He led us to the playoffs in all three years, and his winning percentage was higher than Elways. You may like Cutler but right now he isn't a better QB than Plummer was for us. Just look at the stats, and the wins
    He sucked!
    Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
      yeah as much as i dont' want to admitt it cutler isn't as good as plummer right now IMO... i have every confidence that cutler will become one of the best but as of now plummer is the best QB we've had in the post elway era and maybe even one of the best in the pre elway era.
      Well one can look at Cutler and know he'll be a better QB!
      Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
        Ok fair enough but in 06 Cutler was 2-3 with the same team Jake Went 7-4 with. Plus Jake played agianst better teams.

07...Cutler took basically the same team to a setllar record of 7-9.

Jake passed for 4000 yards in a season.... Cutler hasn't

Jake's had 27 TD's in a season....Cutler 20

Plummer's career rating is 88.1.....Cutler 87.2 (that was just last year...not sure about rookie year)

So yeah I guess you are right Jake sucks.....But what does that say about Cutler? How is he better?

This is Jakes 3rd year stats in this offense... 14-4 record. AFC Championship apperence, 3366 yards, 18 TD's, 7 INT, 90.2 Rating
        So if he sucks...Jay should easly surpass all these stats. Keep in mind these stats were with a team with 2000+ yards rushing and 20 rushing TD's

Face the fact....Jake was a better QB through 2 years in the offense
        It was only Cutler's 2nd year, this is his 3rd! There's nothing to do but look up for Cutler!
        Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
          Not to risk the Plummer vs. Cutler wars again...

The TEAM'S winning percentage was higher but that doesn't mean Plummer was the better QB. Are you saying Plummer was better than Elway?

Look at the stats? If that's how you're going to base your judgement, you just proved yourself wrong (and keep in mind Cutler's lack of a good offensive line, good running backs, and a defense to keep the offense from playing from behind all the time, and he also just finished his 2nd season):

Cutler's stats in Denver:
          62.6% completions, 7.44 yards per attempt, 1.38 TD per game, 0.90 INT per game, 88.2 passer rating, 4.0 rushing average

Plummer's stats in Denver:
          59.1% completions, 7.28 yards per attempt, 1.31 TD per game, 0.87 INT per game, 84.3 passer rating, 3.7 rushing average

And again consider:

Cutler was in his rookie and 2nd years compared to Plummer being in his 7th - 10th seasons.

Cutler played a good chunk of his second year with undiagnosed diabetes.

Cutler has had a lack of good running backs and a good offensive line in front of him. Plummer had much better running backs and O-lines.

Cutler had a crappy defense that kept him playing from behind in most games, which means defenses can tee off on him. Plummer had much better defenses (although admittedly not GREAT defenses, just a lot better than Jay's).

The Broncos won despite mediocre play from Plummer. The Broncos are losing in spite of very good play by Cutler. It's a team game and the whole overcomes the individual, in most cases.

I would take Cutler going into his 3rd season, without a doubt, over Plummer at any point in his career. And I actually LIKED Plummer!
          Where's a CP when I need one?

Great post!!

:thumb:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
            Ill trade that winning percentage for the two Super Bowl Titles the Broncos won with JOHN ELWAY.

When I think Broncos (Which is all the time) I think Elway. He is who I grew up and went through ups and downs.

Give me a break plummer is no elway and besides Elway could have quit plenty of times, but he didn't he stayed with it.
            I think that sums it up quite nicely!
            Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              Plummer made some bad plays but he also made incredible throws. He led us to the AFC championship where he played with a severe case of the FLU. I think he played fairly well for being sick. If we had won that game and gone on to the SB everyone would be saying what a great QB he was.
              Yeah, and Cutler played a season with undiagnosed diabetes. I think he played dang good considering he lost 30 pounds in just a few weeks.

You got one thing right. Jake made some bad plays, but I wouldn't say he made "incredible" throws. Jay's rollout to Walker in stride against AZ in his 3rd start as a pro is "incredible."

Jake throwing a jump ball with a 50-50 chance of completion isn't incredible. It's luck.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ImaBroncosFan View Post
                I don't think he was comparing Jake to John. He was just saying that Jake had a good win %.

And I don't think it's fare to judge Jake to Jay. Different teams, different competition, different playing styles. Not to mention one was a veteran that played most of his career on a crappy team and the other is still young.
                People don't want to remember the QB with the best winning %! They'll remember the QB that got thier team to the big dance! Namely Elway! Cutler even looked better than Plummer in Cutlers' 2nd year!
                Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
                  Yeah, and Cutler played a season with undiagnosed diabetes. I think he played dang good considering he lost 30 pounds in just a few weeks.

You got one thing right. Jake made some bad plays, but I wouldn't say he made "incredible" throws. Jay's rollout to Walker in stride against AZ in his 3rd start as a pro is "incredible."

Jake throwing a jump ball with a 50-50 chance of completion isn't incredible. It's luck.

I guess you missed the play were on 4th and 1 Jake rolled out and hit Lelie right on the money for a TD.

I guess you also missed the play last year were Jay threw Brandon while he was covered by 4 DBs, while Javon was wide open. IMO, that was the play that Javon kind of gave up on our offense.

Or, how about that play were Jay threw that weird pass cross field lateral that rookie Selvin Young saved the day and batted it out of bounds.

Can you tell us how many pick 6's Jay's had in his 21 games?

In case you haven't noticed, there are no more CPs. You aren't going to get any more brownie oints by bashing Jake. Too bad you can't move on.

What's the Jethro Tull song about "old folks keep on livining in the past"? That's right, Living in the Past.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                    We drafted Jay because of his POTENTIAL to be a great QB. He wasn't been one yet. Looks like he will be, but not yet.

Here's the facts that matter:
                    Jake 3 winning seasons. 7-4 in is 4th season.
                    Jay 1 losing season. 2-3 in is first.

Jake went to the playoffs 3 times and at the time of his benching, we were in the playoffs.

On the other hand, we were in the playoffs until we started Jay and missed them last year.

Jake always was above .500 and Jay never was. Jake was always in the playoffs and Jay never was.

Not to mention, our draft choices during that time didn't exactly give Jake a lot of help.

Again, I'm glad we drafted Jay. But he hasn't shown he's a winner. Not in college and not in the pros. I belive Jay will be a big winner, but he hasn't proven it yet.

We need to give Jay a break for his first two years, as young QBs rarely win. But if you follow the two year trail of trades, we gave up a lot of draft picks to get Jay. It's is third year, it's now time for him to start winning, otherwise some of us will start to wonder what we could have done with Jake, plus all those extra draft picks.

Jake was good. Jay has a chance to be special.
                    Yeah, when we benched Plummer at 7-4 everyone knew we weren't goog enough to go all the way! Besides, it was preordained that Plummer was gonna lose his job to Cutler!
                    Haze gray and underway!

Comment

I guess you missed the play were on 4th and 1 Jake rolled out and hit Lelie right on the money for a TD.

I guess you also missed the play last year were Jay threw Brandon while he was covered by 4 DBs, while Javon was wide open. IMO, that was the play that Javon kind of gave up on our offense.

Or, how about that play were Jay threw that weird pass cross field lateral that rookie Selvin Young saved the day and batted it out of bounds.

In case you haven't noticed, there are no more CPs. You aren't going to get any more brownie oints by bashing Jake. Too bad you can't move on.

What's the Jethro Tull song about "old folks keep on livining in the past"? That's right, Living in the Past.
                      You know what, there were times when Plummer was on the money! But for the most part, he was a gambler and would try to force the ball ending in an interception! Thus the calling for his head!
                      Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by antipas View Post
                        You know what, there were times when Plummer was on the money! But for the most part, he was a gambler and would try to force the ball ending in an interception! Thus the calling for his head!
                        So cutler isnt a gambler? how many picks has he thrown in 21 games?
                        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

When Jay hits these stats 4000 yards, 25 Td's, less than 10 picks, a 90+ QB rating, and a division championship. Until then he hasn't been as successful as Jake.

I just gotta know why do you hate the guy? Cause they drafted a younger player to replace him? Cause he threw picks? Cause he isnt a Bronco anymore?

I wanna hear why people hate this guy so much. He played his a$$ off for us, He made a pro bowler, and he won ball games. Isn't that enough? Yeah he wasn't Elway. But what are you all going to do if Cutler isn't better this year? Remember we were all high on Griese after year 2, and he just went down hill. Cutler had a solid year last year, but Scott Michell, and Aaron Brooks also did early in thier careers. So lets here why you all hate Jake. To me he was a way better than average QB for us, who won ball games. What more do you want?

I also stand by the fact that Jake made the playoffs and won a road playoff game in his second year

I didn't like his beard.....For some reason it was wierd to me...other than that he was a fine player
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Blah, blah, blah.....

I don't share my OPINION about Jake for any reason other than that's what the boards are for. Heck, talking about Jake got me banned, not CPs.

What's the Eagles song about "why don't you come to your senses?"
                            That's right, you need to come to your senses.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antipas View Post
                              Who is also called a gambler? Favre??
                              Jake played and lived by what he thought was right and gave all he had all the time. When Pat Tillman was killed he asked the league to let him wear Pat's number in memorium. They said no and we'll fine you if you do. He wore the patch anyway and was willing to pay the fine. When fans talked crap to him he stood up for himself instead of the politically correct thing and just take it. He never quit on plays and tried his best to make the team great. He came 1 win away from the superbowl. They wanted to trade him and he didn't want to start over so he gave up millions to play handball with his brother. He is happy, rich, and he made it to the top league in the world of football. He wasn't the best QB ever but he far from sucked. I think ole Jake did ok for himself.
                              sigpic

Comment

Plummer wasn't a bad QB for us.

I mean, Cutler is already one of the better QBs in the league for us.

I have to temper myself. To be fair, the fact that Cutler is really terrific isn't a reason to criticize Plummer. He was a good acquisition and I'm glad to have had him when we did. He was the best QB that we could have gotten and I'm glad we did when we did.

With our offensive mastermind and a good offense and above average defense, we were a good playoff team who did have a shot at the Superbowl if things went well.

Plummer played well in his role and even surpassed anything expected at times.

I was always a fan of Plummers and hold no ill regard for him.

But Cutler is already better than him.

And Cutler knows what it takes and is willing to do what it takes to compete with the best out there.
                                My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                                . Post Your Artwork .
                                . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X