No announcement yet.

Hint of Who Won't Be On The Team Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell sign them to the practice squad and charge admission......i would pay to watch plays like that

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
      rofl i sure hope they didn't lose their jobs just cuz of that. and that part about jack williams is definatly good to here

and i remember they mentioned we signed shepard when they were talking about boss bailey, but whos cliff russell?

Cliff Russell is a former 3rd round pick for the Redskins, he started his career on IR and has continued to be a China Doll ever since.

According to ESPN, he didn't play at all in 05 and 07, missed all of his rookie year and twice missed 13 games (03 and 06).

He did manage to take part in 13 games for the Bengals in 04, racking up a whopping 1 catch for 21 yards, he has FIVE career receptions for 45 yards in 19 career games.

Comment: Russell has decent size although he lacks the ideal height you would like to have at the position. He has great foot quickness and he has excellent speed. He has the ability to stretch the defense vertically and he has the ability to go to a second gear when going to the ball. He has a great burst off the line of scrimmage and he shows the ability to move a defender who is in man coverage. He has a nice change of pace as he comes off the line and he can accelerate to create separation. He is explosive with the ball in his hands after the catch and he is capable of being a serious homerun threat. He is still very raw in his route running and he needs to improve his awareness in attacking both zone and man coverage schemes. He is somewhat inconsistent in catching the ball and he tends to cradle the ball against his body too often. He loses his focus and concentration when the ball is in the air. He works hard with his hands in the blocking phase of his game and he has decent upper body strength. He shows that he has good leaping ability and has great elusiveness and he does an outstanding job as a kick returner. Injuries have interfered with his development as a receiver and contribute somewhat to his inconsistencies.

To say injuries have interfered with this players development is the understatement of the year.

I'd say Kaylor's assessment is dead on, he's cap fodder and this will most likely be the last chance he gets in the NFL. He could be completely healthy here in Denver and never see the field......
      Last edited by stnzed; 06-12-2008, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X