Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside of Champ, who is best bet to make it to the pro bowl in 08?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside of Champ, who is best bet to make it to the pro bowl in 08?

Expectations are high on a number of Broncos in 08, and rightfully so. The question is, who is the most likely candidate to make the 2008 Pro Bowl, outside of Champ (who has become a lock on being selected year after year)? I have limited it to a list of 12, so again, sorry for leaving off someone you may feel strongly about.

My choice would have been Champ. But lets leave him out of this poll, because Champ is just that good. I think Champ is at the top of his game, and may not be getting any better, but so what? With the defense improvements before him, including a dline that should play a major part in the Broncos resurgence, changes in the linebacking and some additions at Safety, I believe Champ's life will be that much easier, and I expect he will pickoff a few more interceptions....if they dare throw his way.

My choice will be Jay Cutler. He will improve, through experience, control of his medical situation and with a better oline. He may not be the top QB for a few years, but he has a serious chance at making the all star unit.

My 2nd choice would be Elvis Dumervil. I believe he too will benefit from the dline thrust, along with the stability that DRob brings. His sacks will counter any concerns about his run stopping. And he and Jay are pretty much in a dead heat in this poll, IMO.

After that I think some of the guys have a chance, including Marshall (who would rank high on my list if not for the accident). Look for Bly or McCree to have a notable season, as well as one of the oliners. Others will serve notice, especially if the units around them progress as they should.
    Bly D
    0.00%
    Cutler J
    22.83%
    Dumervil E
    13.04%
    Jackson D
    0.00%
    Lynch J
    7.61%
    Marshall B
    41.30%
    McCree M
    0.00%
    Nalen T
    0.00%
    Robertson D
    0.00%
    Schefler T
    1.09%
    Williams DJ
    13.04%
    Young S
    1.09%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by CanDB; 06-11-2008, 10:24 PM.

DJ could have a great year back at his natural position of WLB.

I'd love to see Marshall improve on last season's numbers, but that's unlikely as things tend to move back towards the mean statistically. Hopefully a few more TDs for him though.

Then if Travis stays healthy... oh wait.

Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Well Lynch will definatly make it on name alone...

I think Dummervill should make it if the DT's can get some push and give him some 1on1's

Marshall will have the stats and be deserving....But unless there is a ton of injuries at WR...He is going to loose out cause he wont have the name

Those are my three choices
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

I doubt Cutler makes it because the AFC has a ton of great QBs.

If Brandon Marshall does about the same thing he did last year he should make it. DJ Williams should put up huge numbers this year at his natural position and he should make it. Then of course Dumervil will get a ton of sacks. KGB made it last year and Dumervil is basically the same thing as KGB. When Dumervil gets 15 sacks this year he'll make it. Those are my 3 as that seems to be the early trend.

Comment

i disagree about cutler. i don't think hes got much of a chance at this point with manning, brady, palmer, etc in the AFC. hes good, but brady and manning are a lock so cutler needs to beat our every other QB in the conference.

i think marshall is the one whos got the best chance. nfl fans are starting to notice him now and if he can get over 1200 yards and 8 TDs, something that he can definatly do then i think he can make the pro bowl.

next i think that dumervil and lynch. dumervil has a good chance if he can put up over 12 sacks, and lynch just needs to start the entire season and get one or two highlight hits and hes in, for repuation if nothing else.

then theirs also williams, who could be good playing at his original position, bly has a chance if bailey cna shut out his side. out of the rookies, i think that royal has the best chance of making it because kick returning is always up for grabs. his biggest competition is probably josh cribs. i also guess clady could pull a joe thomas and though its highly unlikely he will get a chance.
          disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
            i disagree about cutler. i don't think hes got much of a chance at this point with manning, brady, palmer, etc in the AFC. hes good, but brady and manning are a lock so cutler needs to beat our every other QB in the conference.

i think marshall is the one whos got the best chance. nfl fans are starting to notice him now and if he can get over 1200 yards and 8 TDs, something that he can definatly do then i think he can make the pro bowl.

next i think that dumervil and lynch. dumervil has a good chance if he can put up over 12 sacks, and lynch just needs to start the entire season and get one or two highlight hits and hes in, for repuation if nothing else.

then theirs also williams, who could be good playing at his original position, bly has a chance if bailey cna shut out his side. out of the rookies, i think that royal has the best chance of making it because kick returning is always up for grabs. his biggest competition is probably josh cribs. i also guess clady could pull a joe thomas and though its highly unlikely he will get a chance.
            I think Cutler's road to the pro bowl will not be easy, but I do think he can be the 3rd best in the AFC next year. Having said that, I think Dumervil is almost in a dead heat with Jay, and if Brandon is healthy, he's probably got the best chance of the three. But watch for a surprise as well.....maybe an oliner (that would be a very good sign).....

Comment

Scheffler all the way! He is going to be one of Cutlers Fav targets if he stays healthy!
              sigpic

Comment

DJ...i dont think he has ever made the pro bowl. He should have a good year being back at weakside.
                sigpic

Comment

If BMarsh's hand heals properly and he picks up where he left off last year, he
                  may be the best bet. But there is that little word standing in the way ("if").

Scheffler has the abilities to be in the argument as to who is the best TE in
                  the league. Question is, will he? Part of the answer will come when he finds out
                  whether his foot will return to normal and he can otherwise stay healthy. And
                  then there is the little matter of Gates and Gonzales, and a couple others.

Cutler is in a tough battle. Not necessarily because other QBs will be better
                  than he, but it is tough for a challenger to beat out incumbents . . . that would
                  be Brady and Manning, and possibly Palmer. Not that he can't do it. It's just
                  that the team will have to be on the winning side to garner the votes from
                  around the country.

D.J. will be a beast this year. I would not be surprised if he makes the trip.

Bly could have a very good year if the DL is clicking. Problem is, it may be
                  hard to get the voters to send two Broncos CBs to the Pro Bowl . . . and
                  you know who else is going.

I think Lynch will do a good job this year, but his Pro Bowl days are over. He
                  will still be pretty good, but not as good as he used to be.

If Kuper goes back to guard, he could surprise. If he stays at tackle, then
                  he will probably need a year to become orientated to the position. Clady, of
                  course, will also need that year, but look out for him in 2009.

Another who could surprise would be Thomas. He did some good things in
                  flashes last year, but remember, he had not played football the previous year
                  in college, as have most rookies, and he admitted he was out of shape when
                  he came to camp. This year, he comes off a year's experience, plus he has
                  been working hard in the offseason to prepare, so I hear. Moreover, he will
                  have a real, bonafide DT playing beside him in Robertson . . . they will not be
                  able to double Thomas this year, or Robertson may be going.

The one, however, I have selected most likely is Selvin Young. Consider: a
                  5.2 YPC last year, and several long runs of 35 to 50 yards. As a rookie. This
                  offseason, he has worked his butt off and comes in five pounds heavier and
                  in far better shape. And he is determined and confident. He's got it downstairs,
                  and he's got it upstairs. He needs to stay healthy, but he's bigger, stronger,
                  and harder than he has ever been.

Selvin Young is my man.

And next year, Fast Eddie Royal!! (And so there is my spam for the evening.)

Comment

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
                    DJ...i dont think he has ever made the pro bowl. He should have a good year being back at weakside.
                    Bmarsh has one more year like last year, he's in. I also think DJ could make it and Cutler has a good chance.

Broncos 1997, oh ok lol. Dam I allready had what I was going to say next all planed out.
                    Last edited by SlyBronco; 06-11-2008, 11:20 PM.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                      Bmarsh has one more year like last year, he's in. I also think DJ could make it and Cutler has a good chance.

To your sig,

Actully their are alot of people out side of Denver that think he's still the best shut down corner in the league. Playing run support and no help over the top with a NEW defensive coach and scheme and a horrable D'Line to give the guy all day to get open. COMON.
                      do people not get the at the bottom of the sig? no offense cuz your not the first.

but seriously cutler 76....whatever, you need to quote that or AT LEAST put it was by bolt man or whoever wrote that.

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      I think Cutler's road to the pro bowl will not be easy, but I do think he can be the 3rd best in the AFC next year. Having said that, I think Dumervil is almost in a dead heat with Jay, and if Brandon is healthy, he's probably got the best chance of the three. But watch for a surprise as well.....maybe an oliner (that would be a very good sign).....
                      i think cutler has a chance to be the 3rd best QB, but as of now he doesn't have the reputation needed to make it. if cutler had slighty better numbers then any of the other top QBs, fans would still either vote for big ben cuz hes was the rookie of the year, superbowl, etc, or palmer cuz hes been a consistent 4000 yarder and all that. if cutler has a great year next year then that would jsut be his first year when he gets recognized so hes got a chance of making it in 09. but unless he gets 4000 plus yards, 35 plus TDs type numbers then it will be hard for him to make it
                      Last edited by broncos1997; 06-11-2008, 11:19 PM.
                      disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                        If BMarsh's hand heals properly and he picks up where he left off last year, he
                        may be the best bet. But there is that little word standing in the way ("if").

Scheffler has the abilities to be in the argument as to who is the best TE in
                        the league. Question is, will he? Part of the answer will come when he finds out
                        whether his foot will return to normal and he can otherwise stay healthy. And
                        then there is the little matter of Gates and Gonzales, and a couple others.

Cutler is in a tough battle. Not necessarily because other QBs will be better
                        than he, but it is tough for a challenger to beat out incumbents . . . that would
                        be Brady and Manning, and possibly Palmer. Not that he can't do it. It's just
                        that the team will have to be on the winning side to garner the votes from
                        around the country.

D.J. will be a beast this year. I would not be surprised if he makes the trip.

Bly could have a very good year if the DL is clicking. Problem is, it may be
                        hard to get the voters to send two Broncos CBs to the Pro Bowl . . . and
                        you know who else is going.

I think Lynch will do a good job this year, but his Pro Bowl days are over. He
                        will still be pretty good, but not as good as he used to be.

If Kuper goes back to guard, he could surprise. If he stays at tackle, then
                        he will probably need a year to become orientated to the position. Clady, of
                        course, will also need that year, but look out for him in 2009.

Another who could surprise would be Thomas. He did some good things in
                        flashes last year, but remember, he had not played football the previous year
                        in college, as have most rookies, and he admitted he was out of shape when
                        he came to camp. This year, he comes off a year's experience, plus he has
                        been working hard in the offseason to prepare, so I hear. Moreover, he will
                        have a real, bonafide DT playing beside him in Robertson . . . they will not be
                        able to double Thomas this year, or Robertson may be going.

The one, however, I have selected most likely is Selvin Young. Consider: a
                        5.2 YPC last year, and several long runs of 35 to 50 yards. As a rookie. This
                        offseason, he has worked his butt off and comes in five pounds heavier and
                        in far better shape. And he is determined and confident. He's got it downstairs,
                        and he's got it upstairs. He needs to stay healthy, but he's bigger, stronger,
                        and harder than he has ever been.

Selvin Young is my man.

And next year, Fast Eddie Royal!! (And so there is my spam for the evening.)
                        CP coming....

(soon... hopefully...)
                        Thanks, Reid!
                        sigpic
                        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post

Broncos 1997, oh ok lol. Dam I allready had what I was going to say next all planed out.
                          I confused a lot of people with that today... I would have quoted it but it was from the Charger forum.... Sorry lol. Just for the record Champ is the best hands down.
                          sigpic

Comment

As far as the QB situation in the AFC is concerned, the good news is Brady is 31 and probably has only a couple more years of top level contribution left in him. Sadly he'll end up voted in even when he does start to decline, ala John Lynch.
                            And Peyton Manning is in a simmilar situation being 32.
                            As long as Jay has a couple of good years regardless of the result at the end of the season, then he'll get in. He's come in at an almost perfect time, and is likely if he turns out to be as good as predicted, to be in the next small group of top QB's that seperate themselves from the rest of the league. The passing of the torch as it were.
                            "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                            Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I picked Jay, the AFC has Tom Brady, Manning...RiversI rest my case.
                              sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Working...
                              X