Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside of Champ, who is best bet to make it to the pro bowl in 08?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Cutler will have the better season of the two, but not make the pro bowl... Without injury (or a 100% heal) Brandon was in a much better position to have a killer year. (whether that he really comes back decides). You really can't easily give Jay a pro bowl year because because the quarterback play is usually so high. It possible, but Even with the injury Brandon is still more likely to make it.

There are a lot of guys that could step up on the team though, we have a real load of talent.. But we could easily see only champ making the squad next year if we don't get lucky. However this year plays out, it will be every interesting and in my opinion determine our future for the next stretch of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
      I picked Jay, the AFC has Tom Brady, Manning...RiversI rest my case.
      I hope that you are not saying that they are the only QB's in the AFC What about Anderson, RottenBurger, Girrard, Palmer
      I gotta agree with Bronco1997... Jay's only shot of making it is if he just pulls something out of his butt and has crazy stats. 4000+ 30+ 90+ plus we better win at least 10 games. It is tough to make the pro bowl squad at QB in the afc
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Lynch. I think Cutler is going to have a break out year, and with top stars skipping the probowl for various reason don't be suprised to see Jay in Hawaii.
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Expectations are high on a number of Broncos in 08, and rightfully so. The question is, who is the most likely candidate to make the 2008 Pro Bowl, outside of Champ (who has become a lock on being selected year after year)? I have limited it to a list of 12, so again, sorry for leaving off someone you may feel strongly about.

My choice would have been Champ. But lets leave him out of this poll, because Champ is just that good. I think Champ is at the top of his game, and may not be getting any better, but so what? With the defense improvements before him, including a dline that should play a major part in the Broncos resurgence, changes in the linebacking and some additions at Safety, I believe Champ's life will be that much easier, and I expect he will pickoff a few more interceptions....if they dare throw his way.

My choice will be Jay Cutler. He will improve, through experience, control of his medical situation and with a better oline. He may not be the top QB for a few years, but he has a serious chance at making the all star unit.

My 2nd choice would be Elvis Dumervil. I believe he too will benefit from the dline thrust, along with the stability that DRob brings. His sacks will counter any concerns about his run stopping. And he and Jay are pretty much in a dead heat in this poll, IMO.

After that I think some of the guys have a chance, including Marshall (who would rank high on my list if not for the accident). Look for Bly or McCree to have a notable season, as well as one of the oliners. Others will serve notice, especially if the units around them progress as they should.
          Pro Bowl at QB?

He's going to beat out Peyton Manning? Tom Brady? Heck, even Phillip Rivers has a better chance since he is playing on what may be a better team and Rivers doesn't have to carry the team on his own back. Roethlisberger? Is Girard starting in Jax this season? That will be another solid team with a good quarterback.

I think Jay would have a much better chance of making Pro Bowl if he played in the NFC. Less competition. Right now on his best day Jay is no better than 3rd-4th best in the AFC, depending on who you talk to (even in Broncoland)
          You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Please see my sig.

Jay Cutler will make the Pro Bowl this year.
            In Manning I trust.

Comment

I voted for DJ, I think that since he is in a contract year and back at his natural position he will be a monster!

We need to try and lock this guy up before the season is over, once he makes a pro-bowl he may be to expensive to keep!

Comment

I voted Marshall because there are just too many good quarterbacks in the AFC. Two you can automatically think of are tom and Peyton, and I dont think cutler would get a spot over one of them.
                Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

Comment

Definately DJ Williams. He deserved to go LAST year, considering besides Champ he was the only guy who seemed to be able to TACKLE anybody!

Comment

It all matters if we win. If we win, and win a lot of games, we will get the nod in those close votes. Marshall can make it, Cutler can too, Dumervil same boat, Scheffler only makes it if he has a MONSTER YEAR, Gonzales, Gates,Winslow are big names. It still matters if we are winners this year.
                    Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

I'm going with Cutler. I think he's going to have a great year.

Comment

New Pro-Bowl-ee's tend to make the probowl the year after they earn it. Particularly from a team like the Broncos which is so ignored by the media.

The only Bronco who might qualify under this scenario is Marshall. He had a good year, last year, but not a lot of people outside Denver noticed. He may be another year away as well as a lot of other Broncos.

Don't under-estimate the extent Denver gets ignored by the national media. Some people say the media hates Denver, but thats not true. You have to know a team exists in order to hate it.

The hard cold reality is none of these players will make the probowl, even though they may deserve it. Even Lynch won't go now that the age excuse is available. He could even play at the same level and won't get voted in.

Here is who i think will earn the pro-bowl (but not get the vote)
                        Dumerville
                        DJ
                        Cutler

Here is who I think will earn the pro-bowl (and might get the vote)
                        Marshall

sigpic
                        \

Comment

I voted for DJ.....

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          Expectations are high on a number of Broncos in 08, and rightfully so. The question is, who is the most likely candidate to make the 2008 Pro Bowl, outside of Champ (who has become a lock on being selected year after year)? I have limited it to a list of 12, so again, sorry for leaving off someone you may feel strongly about.

My choice would have been Champ. But lets leave him out of this poll, because Champ is just that good. I think Champ is at the top of his game, and may not be getting any better, but so what? With the defense improvements before him, including a dline that should play a major part in the Broncos resurgence, changes in the linebacking and some additions at Safety, I believe Champ's life will be that much easier, and I expect he will pickoff a few more interceptions....if they dare throw his way.

My choice will be Jay Cutler. He will improve, through experience, control of his medical situation and with a better oline. He may not be the top QB for a few years, but he has a serious chance at making the all star unit.

My 2nd choice would be Elvis Dumervil. I believe he too will benefit from the dline thrust, along with the stability that DRob brings. His sacks will counter any concerns about his run stopping. And he and Jay are pretty much in a dead heat in this poll, IMO.

After that I think some of the guys have a chance, including Marshall (who would rank high on my list if not for the accident). Look for Bly or McCree to have a notable season, as well as one of the oliners. Others will serve notice, especially if the units around them progress as they should.
                          I believe that with DJ moving back to his natural position and the upgrades on the D-Line, he has a VERY high likelihood of making the pro-bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by rainmaker View Post
                            New Pro-Bowl-ee's tend to make the probowl the year after they earn it. Particularly from a team like the Broncos which is so ignored by the media.
                            yeah couldn't have said it better myself. cutler needs to get his popularity up before hes got a chance of making the pro bowl. if he has amazing stats this year, and next year hes got just above average stats, then hes got a better chance of making it in 09 then he does of making it in 08, since he gets recognized this year and so he gets votes next year. their are only 3 ways he can make it this year imo

1. he has crazy stats all year (4000 plus, at least 30 TDs, not more then 10 ints)

2. he has an amazing first 3-4 games(averaging around 300 yards, 2-3 TDs and maybe over 100 passer rating) so people know who he is then all hes got to do is have solid numbers after that, maybe 225 ypg and 1-2 TDs

3. he gets a date with kelly underwood or jessica simpson cuz we all know thats the ONLY reason romo made it two years ago.
                            disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
                              I picked Jay, the AFC has Tom Brady, Manning...RiversI rest my case.
                              dont forget Carson Palmer and Big Ben

Comment

Unfortunately, a lot of players make the pro bowl based on their name and reputation. I think Jay has a good shot of being one of the top passers this year, but Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, and Palmer are bigger names.

Guys like Marshall and Dumervil put in the work last year and are starting to make a name for themselves. If their growth continues into this season they definitely have a shot. The best shot, to me, will be DJ Williams and John Lynch. DJ has a chance to put up monster numbers, and Lynch in what could be his final season may very well make the squad on name and reputation again.

Comment

Working...
                                X