we seriously need more speed at WR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we seriously need more speed at WR

i've posted it several places put i figured i might as well start a thread. we have maybe the QB with the biggest arm the the league, but we don't have ANY big threats (other then royal, whos a rookie) sammie parker is fast, but he might not make the team.

here are our top 4 reciever's 40 times. i know they can be inaccurate but when its that bad then you know theres got to be a problem

brandon marshall: 4.52
    darrell jackson: 4.58
    brandon stokley: 4.54
    keary colbert: 4.56

and, just in case your not sure how fast a reciever should run, heres a list of players who are either faster then our reciever or would fit right in.

peyton hillis: 4.58
    tony scheffler: 4.54
    wesley woodyard: 4.51

i don't care how overrated the 40 times are but when a fullback, a TE, and a LB run as fast as our recievers then you know we've got a pretty slow recieving corps. and to make it worse, with the expetion of marshall non of them have the size to make up for the lack of speed. they are all under 6 foot 1 and are all under 205 pounds. and from what i heard then colbert and jackson have horrible hands to go along with that.

ok after i've written and everything i kinda realized its a stupid thread. but i thought it was interesting and i'm not going to delete it.

so.....discuss?
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Recievers don't really need speed that much. Marshall is already our big play threat and he's not that fast. Rod Smith was top 20 ever and he was never a blazing speed guy. 4.5 speed isn't really that slow, either. We'll be fine.
    sigpic
    Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
      Recievers don't really need speed that much. Marshall is already our big play threat and he's not that fast. Rod Smith was top 20 ever and he was never a blazing speed guy. 4.5 speed isn't really that slow, either. We'll be fine.
      What about eddie royal??
      Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No we don't. We are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post

i don't care how overrated the 40 times are but when a fullback, a TE, and a LB run as fast as our recievers then you know we've got a pretty slow recieving corps.

Or just really fast FBs, TEs, and LBs.

40 time means nothing. Most of our guys have looked quick in pads through their careers.
          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Eddie Royal and Sammie Parker are both very fast...
            Besides we dont NEED speed at WR.
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe not this year, but I expect Royal to really be a threat with his speed next year. The guy can get the job done i'm sure.
              Originally posted by darth-hideous
              Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
              Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

if you get a bad start on the 40 time, that would easily hurt you. 40's are inaccurate. Example. TD. Big knock on him was that he didnt run a good 40. Yet, he would break off long runs due to GAME SPEED. Game speed is what counts.
                sigpic

Comment

Glenn Martinez runs a 4.3 40, and a great WR he is not!
                  We are going with Plan A

Comment

4.5 is very fast. Obviously, it's not elite speed at the NFL level but its fast enough for the wr position. With 4.5 speed a receiver "qualifys" to be there. Then they can showcase the intangibles like Stokely's slot specialty and field awareness or Marshall's "after the catch" theatrics. Some WR's intangible is the 4.2 or 4.3 speed if they get in the open field they're gone.

So yeah we could use more speed at wr, amongst other specialty talents.
                    Good Post.

sigpic
                    \

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                      and, just in case your not sure how fast a reciever should run,
                      Uh, Jerry Rice, the greatest of all time, ran a 4.7 40. I'd say based on his career, that's where the bar should be set for how fast a "reciever should run". Compaired to him, we got us some burners!

Comment

Look at the Superbowl years, tell me who ran a 40 on that team that is comparable to 4.2, 4.3 speed. Anyone. Anyone on that entire offense.

Speed is FAR FAR more than 40 times. Football speed is completely different. There are tons of guys every year with incredible speed, and only a few of them really pan out.

Personally, if you're going to look at combine numbers or similar, place just as much importance on the agility and acceleration numbers like the cone drill, etc, for receivers and corners. Speed doesn't seperate you, it's the cuts and routes that do.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

On a sidenote, I think we need to get Ashley Lelie back...I mean, that guy had speed. Right? That's the kind of receiver we want

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

I'd like to see you run a 4.5 40

K thanx bai

Comment

Originally posted by broncos0707 View Post
                              What about eddie royal??
                              We don't know how he'll do. Ashley Lelie ran a good 40. He ended up sucking.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Working...
                              X