we seriously need more speed at WR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hambone13 View Post
    The only reason we weren't better in the run last year is because of the injuries on the O-Line. It wasn't a M. Bell factor. I'd be happy not to find our next running back at the Aurora Rec. Center touch football league. The guy isn't that talented. Just a decent generalist....who runs like he's competing with talent....Hard.
    still though, travis henry was our leading TD scorer and what did he have like 3-4 tds? that was one of the reasons we were so bad in the redzone. we didn't have a dominanatn runner there and all our tds came from a 20 yard run by selvin here, a long run by hall there, we couldn't get it done.

and i think mike bell is underrated because he isn't incredibly powerful, and he isn't incredibly fast. i don't know theres just something extra about him when he plays though, hes probably one of the guys on our team that has the best work ethic and it seems to me like hes the type of runner whos got great vision, football intellegence, and patience. plus hes pretty dang good at jumping
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Underrated?

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
      still though, travis henry was our leading TD scorer and what did he have like 3-4 tds? that was one of the reasons we were so bad in the redzone. we didn't have a dominanatn runner there and all our tds came from a 20 yard run by selvin here, a long run by hall there, we couldn't get it done.

and i think mike bell is underrated because he isn't incredibly powerful, and he isn't incredibly fast. i don't know theres just something extra about him when he plays though, hes probably one of the guys on our team that has the best work ethic and it seems to me like hes the type of runner whos got great vision, football intellegence, and patience. plus hes pretty dang good at jumping
      The rest of the leagues scouts didn't think he was underrated. I believe he was a product of the Broncos run system just like many others. The system was broken last year not running backs, imo.

Comment

The rest of the leagues scouts didn't think he was underrated. I believe he was a product of the Broncos run system just like many others. The system was broken last year not running backs, imo.
        the system has been broken for two years now. and yeah i think that mike bell was a product of the system. but he was really good product of the system, if you get what im saying. basically, i think that out of the running backs that have come through here mike bell fits our system the best. hes the one cut type and like i said, hes got great vision and patience, which is critical in finding the hole and the cutback lane. hes probably far from the most talented back right now, but young kinda strikes me as the bounce it to the outside type back and torain, he just likes to bulldoze people. i think mike bell is the only one cut type back we've got right now.
        disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

i think mike bell is the only one cut type back we've got right now.
          Torain as well.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
            Torain as well.
            he is? i never watched him play but i kinda just assumed he was the power back, just dive into the pile type back. thats good to here then

Comment

Define 1 Cut Runner then?

he is? i never watched him play but i kinda just assumed he was the power back, just dive into the pile type back. thats good to here then
              I guess I was under the impression a 1 cut runner is a power type? If you're going between the tackles on you better have some power.

Comment

I guess I was under the impression a 1 cut runner is a power type? If you're going between the tackles on you better have some power.
                yeah but i always considered him the eddie george, marion barber. you know just hand it off and they plow right in, no cuts or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
                  With a better o-line we'll see a lot more plays develop down field. Last year it seemed as though they were giving Cutler quicker and easier reads just to simply get rid of the ball.
                  Here's the gem of this thread. Nice point yardo. Deep plays downfield require good QB protection. Unless Cutler gets solid protection, it won't matter how fast anyone is (or is not).
                  Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                  FF is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                  X