Greetings from a Buccaneers fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from a Buccaneers fan

Before the season started this year, everybody was on the Bucs' bandwagon and talking about how absolutely nobody can match up with us and talks of us being the greatest defense of all time. I even heard that my man Jon Gruden had talked with your coach Mike Shanahan about what it takes to repeat as Super Bowl champions. The reason I am on this site and board is simple: the Denver Broncos were the last team to do it and they did it in the era of free agency, in an era where dynasties and multiple Super Bowl trophies is dead. At 5-6 I still believe that the Bucs can run the table and make the playoffs and make some noise there, but for you guys it was simpler bc you were 14-2. What are the differences between the '98 Broncos and '03 Buccaneers? We were supposed to run the table according to a lot of people (I didn't believe that crap, but we were at least supposed to match our 12-4 mark from last year) and we have fell far short of expectations. Did the Broncos have more focus than the Bucs do this year, or were they better coached? What's wrong with my Bucs???
    Still holding on to dreams of a repeat...GO BUCS!!!

ha

the bucs suck

Comment

Re: ha

Originally posted by stickyicky420
      the bucs suck
      Very classy.

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
      Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.
      Quick: Yes, thats the last ass whipping I recall. And I'm looking for him.

Comment

living off superbowl

I rooted for the bucs in the super bowl because i hate the raiders but if the raiders would have stuck to the run the game might have been closer. The secret was always to run on the bucs because thier pass rush was awesome so thier weekness is stopping the run. everybody else picked up on it. injuries don't help either. also they thought weak teams would just lay down for them.
        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

thanks for the analysis to some of you...others want to start something for no reason. thats ok we can go to the smack forum to take care of that, but right now i just want to know the difference between the 97 and 98 bronco teams and the 02 and 03 bucs teams.

and oh yeah, that guy who said bucs suck...better beg for forgiveness and thank us 1000 times over, or else you'd be having to take it from the 10-1 chiefs AND defending world champion raiders. you're welcome.

Comment

I have to say, I dont really like the bucs, but its mainly because of some of the people in my area, suddenly they're bucs fans, talking about how they cheered their bucs onto the superbowl. where are all of em now? in chiefs jerseys, claiming they knew vermiel and the chiefs had it in them all along. its sickening.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

I've been a Bucs fan since 1997 when Tony Dungy took them to the playoffs for the first time in years. I don't know if you consider that bandwagoning, bc they were just mediocre for 5 years before they won the Lombardi and I was there for every one of 'em. I just love that team and their aura and swagger, that's what made me become a Bucs fan.

I've always had respect for the Broncos and Chiefs, those are classy organizations, but I despise the Raiders. I wanted to play them in the Super Bowl BADLY and I'm glad we waxed them in front of the world. God I hate the Raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by SBXXXVIIChamps
                God I hate the Raiders.
                honestly, is there any team who DOESNT hate the raiders?

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Re: living off superbowl

Originally posted by bklynbronco
                  I rooted for the bucs in the super bowl because i hate the raiders but if the raiders would have stuck to the run the game might have been closer. The secret was always to run on the bucs because thier pass rush was awesome so thier weekness is stopping the run. everybody else picked up on it. injuries don't help either. also they thought weak teams would just lay down for them.
                  I can see that and I can also see how the Bucs D can be said to be overrated, but what I don't get was how everybody in the media was on our nuts last year. "Oh this is the greatest defense in a long time," "a top 5 defense of all time," and all this time I didn't think this defense was as good as the 2000 Ravens. Absolutely NOBODY ran the ball on those guys. But it wasn't like you couldn't run the ball on the Bucs...two guys, Staley and McAllister, ran for 100 yards on us during our Super Bowl year and made it look damn easy. Plus I think Sapp is overrated and too much of a pass rushing DT instead of trying to bring down RB's. Our offense however clicked during the playoffs and many thought it would be at least a top 10 offense in 2003 but it has been anything but. Alstott getting hurt also killed whatever was left of the running game. You guys in 1998 had a 2,000 yard rusher and that changes everything. We didn't even have a 1,000 yard rusher last year and still managed to get by, but we won't be that lucky this year.

Comment

Re: Re: ha

Originally posted by thesaint
                    Very classy.
                    its not much different then half the stuff that stickyicky420 is always saying!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: ha

Originally posted by bronco_girl
                      its not much different then half the stuff that stickyicky420 is always saying!
                      The avatar says it all, very football oriented.
                      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: ha

Originally posted by pikman
                        The avatar says it all, very football oriented.

Yeah...I just saw that

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan-13
                          I have to say, I dont really like the bucs, but its mainly because of some of the people in my area, suddenly they're bucs fans, talking about how they cheered their bucs onto the superbowl. where are all of em now? in chiefs jerseys, claiming they knew vermiel and the chiefs had it in them all along. its sickening.
                          I hate bandwagoners as well. This one guy at my school is obsessed with Flutie and never missed an opportunity to talk about his masterful game three weeks ago. Haven't heard him talk since the victory over the Chargers when Flutie fumbled three times. Some magic man.
                          Thanks for the memories, Ed.
                          Can't wait for playoff time!

Comment

Working...
                          X