how do you root for the broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you root for the broncos?

I ask this question because we have several bronco fans who can't distinguish between being happy with a win or being disastified with a loss. If we cheer out team for winning the ultra pessimist in the crowd want us to not be happy and we when show dispeasure with a loss the ultra optimist question our loyalty. So to be a fan we can't have no emotion and don't express any opinion about our own team. What's unfortunate is that i 've gotten used to KC fans critizing us but when they start to advise not to lose faith in our own team what does that tell us about us as a fan base? you might think I'm hypocritical cause i question aardwolfs loyalty but here's the difference between him and everybody else. everybody stays on this board to answer thier critics including KC fans, he doesn't. he's not here every week to justify any of his criticisms so i have a problem with that. I have a problem with someone who beats his chest after a bronco loss but won't show his face during a bronco win and is supposedly a real bronco fan. 99% of the rest of the board members here take the good with the bad. All in all, my hope with this thread is stop the overreacting to other fans reaction. For example when denver wins if a bronco fan is happy let them be happy. A real bronco fan knows it's just one win but they just want to enjoy the moment. at the same time if the broncos lose let the fans vent. This board i believe was established to vent and show all types of emotions including frustration and displeasure so nobody is less loyal to the broncos fror speaking thier mind. If your a bronco fan or even a non bronco fan and you have been here week in and week out I give you the upmost respect because at one time or another you have posted something that someone else didn't agree with and stood around to the defend your opinions. Am I in the minority in this thought what does everybody think?
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

ha

thanks for the article lol who cares

Comment

lol

no matter what how stupid you sound I 'll defend your right to say it.
      Last edited by bklynbronco; 11-26-2003, 05:23 AM.

Comment

ha

its funny to me how every1 get offended bye aardwolf hes a packers fan its no surprise he bashes us

Comment

is that true

he brags about the pack but he also says he's a bronco fan. he takes advantage when the broncos lose to bash us but when the broncos win he runs and hides to green bay.

Comment

Re: how do you root for the broncos?

Originally posted by bklynbronco
            I ask this question because we have several bronco fans who can't distinguish between being happy with a win or being disastified with a loss. If we cheer out team for winning the ultra pessimist in the crowd want us to not be happy and we when show dispeasure with a loss the ultra optimist question our loyalty. So to be a fan we can't have no emotion and don't express any opinion about our own team. What's unfortunate is that i 've gotten used to KC fans critizing us but when they start to advise not to lose faith in our own team what does that tell us about us as a fan base? you might think I'm hypocritical cause i question aardwolfs loyalty but here's the difference between him and everybody else. everybody stays on this board to answer thier critics including KC fans, he doesn't. he's not here every week to justify any of his criticisms so i have a problem with that. I have a problem with someone who beats his chest after a bronco loss but won't show his face during a bronco win and is supposedly a real bronco fan. 99% of the rest of the board members here take the good with the bad. All in all, my hope with this thread is stop the overreacting to other fans reaction. For example when denver wins if a bronco fan is happy let them be happy. A real bronco fan knows it's just one win but they just want to enjoy the moment. at the same time if the broncos lose let the fans vent. This board i believe was established to vent and show all types of emotions including frustration and displeasure so nobody is less loyal to the broncos fror speaking thier mind. If your a bronco fan or even a non bronco fan and you have been here week in and week out I give you the upmost respect because at one time or another you have posted something that someone else didn't agree with and stood around to the defend your opinions. Am I in the minority in this thought what does everybody think?

Well, it all depends on how emotional importance you place on the Broncos. I mean, there are all types of fans, and I never tell anyone how to root. I have problems with people telling me "well, if you're not upset after a Broncos loss, you are not a real fan" That is total BS. Look, I have two jobs, a family, and a host of other thinsg to worry about. Yes, I want the Broncos to win, but if they lose, so what? Every team in the NFL loses. But if that's how someone else feels, that's ok. There is no 'right' way to be a fan. So, its not that you can't vent. That's ok. And I don't mean this you Brooklyn, but in general, just don;t tell other people how to react. The people who post here when upset seem to get defensive, and the people who kind of accept (like me ) some times get all high and mighty. That's not cool. Just be who you want to be. I think both are perfectly valid ways of being a fan. Again, it has to do with how much you identify with a team. How much emotional involvement you place on them.

Your point about the ultra-pessimists and the ultra-optimists in interesting. I think most people fall into the broad middle. I wouldn't worry about what anyone else thinks. Just say what you want to say, make it interesting, make a good point.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Re: ha

Originally posted by stickyicky420
              thanks for the article lol who cares
              Obviously, the original poster does. If you don't, fine, but why the flippant comment?

Comment

Re: Re: how do you root for the broncos?

Originally posted by Jared
                Well, it all depends on how emotional importance you place on the Broncos. I mean, there are all types of fans, and I never tell anyone how to root. I have problems with people telling me "well, if you're not upset after a Broncos loss, you are not a real fan" That is total BS. Look, I have two jobs, a family, and a host of other thinsg to worry about. Yes, I want the Broncos to win, but if they lose, so what? Every team in the NFL loses. But if that's how someone else feels, that's ok. There is no 'right' way to be a fan. So, its not that you can't vent. That's ok. And I don't mean this you Brooklyn, but in general, just don;t tell other people how to react. The people who post here when upset seem to get defensive, and the people who kind of accept (like me ) some times get all high and mighty. That's not cool. Just be who you want to be. I think both are perfectly valid ways of being a fan. Again, it has to do with how much you identify with a team. How much emotional involvement you place on them.

Your point about the ultra-pessimists and the ultra-optimists in interesting. I think most people fall into the broad middle. I wouldn't worry about what anyone else thinks. Just say what you want to say, make it interesting, make a good point.

Jared,

There is a valid point that is being made that I think you are missing and that is Aardwolf calls himself a fan, but his actions do not show it. The point is that you have to give credit where credit is due, and if the Broncos win, you praise them for what they did well, if the Broncos lose then you say what you think they did poorly. Aardwolf is only concerned about his own predictions and if Jake had not gone down and we won the three games that we lost without Jake, we probably would not have heard from Aardwolf because he has to be right all the time.

Have you seen one time when he has admitted he was wrong in anything??? That kind of attitude is hard to swallow. If I am wrong and somebody points it out, the next post that I "post" is an apology. That is the some of the points bklynbronco is trying to make.
                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Re: Re: Re: how do you root for the broncos?

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                  Jared,

There is a valid point that is being made that I think you are missing and that is Aardwolf calls himself a fan, but his actions do not show it. The point is that you have to give credit where credit is due, and if the Broncos win, you praise them for what they did well, if the Broncos lose then you say what you think they did poorly. Aardwolf is only concerned about his own predictions and if Jake had not gone down and we won the three games that we lost without Jake, we probably would not have heard from Aardwolf because he has to be right all the time.

Have you seen one time when he has admitted he was wrong in anything??? That kind of attitude is hard to swallow. If I am wrong and somebody points it out, the next post that I "post" is an apology. That is the some of the points bklynbronco is trying to make.
                  Well, my point is that why does it matter how Aardwolf chooses to be or claim to be a fan? Just root how you want to root, and if anyone says your aren't a fan, because you don't root like they do, then just shrug it off. It says a lot more about that person than you.

Comment

Why don't you guys just ignore Aardwolf and cheer on your team in your own way? I don't like the Broncos any less because he does.
                    Last edited by edmccaffrey87; 11-26-2003, 08:35 AM.
                    Thanks for the memories, Ed.
                    Can't wait for playoff time!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: how do you root for the broncos?

Originally posted by Jared
                      Well, my point is that why does it matter how Aardwolf chooses to be or claim to be a fan? Just root how you want to root, and if anyone says your aren't a fan, because you don't root like they do, then just shrug it off. It says a lot more about that person than you.
                      Good point. Advice taken.
                      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Let's just say this...............my kids leave the house when the Broncos game is on

I may get a tad emotional.......ok, maybe more than a tad, but for some reason the Broncos are a huge passion of mine and I hate to lose in general and take it very personal when they lose. And it doesnt help that everyone that knows me rubs it in everytime they lose, fnckers

Comment

all in all jared

my whole point is to root any way we want as long as we don't offend and don't get personal but as for aardwolf there is a pattern established by his comments . they condescending and always seems to belittle any person who tries to just comment on his responses. remember he claims to be a bronco fan that's my issue with him. I've been here since the preseason and he was convinced that his prophecies were true.when his prediction don't come true he disappears. his credibilty is shot with me.

Comment

Re: all in all jared

Originally posted by bklynbronco
                            my whole point is to root any way we want as long as we don't offend and don't get personal but as for aardwolf there is a pattern established by his comments . they condescending and always seems to belittle any person who tries to just comment on his responses. remember he claims to be a bronco fan that's my issue with him. I've been here since the preseason and he was convinced that his prophecies were true.when his prediction don't come true he disappears. his credibilty is shot with me.
                            Ok. You're entitled to your opinion. I was just responding to the question in the title of the thread, which seems kind of general, not specifically about any one person.

Peace and happy thanksgiving man.

Comment

Let me put in my 2 cents

When the broncos play a game, I EXPECT to win, when we do, i feel neutral, if the other team was on a winning streak, and we snapped it, i feel good, but basically, i feel right. When we lose, i get WAY too mad. I cant control it, everybody that knows me knows that i dont like losing at all. If we lose a close game, im just mad, if we get blown out or if the ref loses us the game, i'll go straight off the wall. I'm talkin throwin stuff, yellin, kickin, and all kinds of temper tantrum stuff. The difference is, i think its ok to get upset, but i dont EVER say "aww we need to fire such and such and bench whoever". I believe in beliving in the players out there. Whoever it is. I dont like when peopel talk about us cause im already mad we lost but then i have to defend how good we are to other people who try to p*ss me off. I say, there is a difference between getting mad, and being negative, i'm never negative, and i think people who are, arent real fans.
                              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X