No announcement yet.

how do you root for the broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm happy when they win, bummed when they loose and sometimes I wish I had a Bronco Brick to throw at the TV. No matter what the outcome, I'll be there next week.

Comment

Re: Re: ha

Originally posted by Jared
      Obviously, the original poster does. If you don't, fine, but why the flippant comment?
      amen, brother

Comment

What I think, though no one may care....

The way I see it, if you can't support your team the way that they deserve to be supported, than maybe you should just stop being a fan. Its a 50/50 type thing, you stay with your team through the bad and the good. I stay with the Broncs, even though they are having a bad season. I catch alot of s*** from some of my buddies, one being a Chefs fan, about the Broncs' season. But I don't bash my own team. I may be upset when they lose, but its not the end of the world, people. The Broncs aren't gonna have perfect seasons. No team really can. I can catch s*** for my team. That's pretty good, considering some of the so-called Broncs Fans that I have seen posting on this Broncomanian Board. It sickens me to see these people posting some smut on their own team! Sure, I have myself posted some negative things, but not to the point of where people think that I don't support my team. My point is, stop being a$$es about the Broncs, especially if you claim Broncs as your team.
        CREW CHIEF- Lifts tall buildings and walks under all of them, kicks locomotives off the tracks, catches bullets in their teeth and chews them up, freezes water with a single glance, and claims to be God

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
          Let me put in my 2 cents

When the broncos play a game, I EXPECT to win, when we do, i feel neutral, if the other team was on a winning streak, and we snapped it, i feel good, but basically, i feel right. When we lose, i get WAY too mad. I cant control it, everybody that knows me knows that i dont like losing at all. If we lose a close game, im just mad, if we get blown out or if the ref loses us the game, i'll go straight off the wall. I'm talkin throwin stuff, yellin, kickin, and all kinds of temper tantrum stuff. The difference is, i think its ok to get upset, but i dont EVER say "aww we need to fire such and such and bench whoever". I believe in beliving in the players out there. Whoever it is. I dont like when peopel talk about us cause im already mad we lost but then i have to defend how good we are to other people who try to p*ss me off. I say, there is a difference between getting mad, and being negative, i'm never negative, and i think people who are, arent real fans.
          I get so emotional during Bronco games that I feel more relief than joy if they won. If they lost, my entire Sunday (or Monday) would be down the toilet. I had trouble sleeping after the Patriots game.

I don't want to get too deep with this anology, but I see critisizing the Broncos as the same as critisizing one's own family. You don't want to be blindly optimistic to the point where you ignore or overlook any flaws, but you still want to support them. It's a fine line to toe and I can't give you the first hint about negotionating that line. However, I think we can all agree that the Broncos are not a perfect team this year. But I'll be cheering my lungs out for them every Sunday regardless of their record.
          sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: how do you root for the broncos?

Originally posted by Jared
            Well, my point is that why does it matter how Aardwolf chooses to be or claim to be a fan? Just root how you want to root, and if anyone says your aren't a fan, because you don't root like they do, then just shrug it off. It says a lot more about that person than you.
            Thank you, Jared! You make an excellent point and that is the way I look at it as well.

If someone wants to say that I'm not allowed to be a Broncos fan because I don't see things their way or do it their way, that only refects negatively on that person and hurts me in no way whatsoever.

Lot's of people have that same sort of fascist style attitude. That's their cross to bear, not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by booher
              but your the negative one..............

Perfect example of that fascist attitude and right on cue, too.

Thank you!

Comment

I'm in through thick and thin and don't consider pessimists as true fans. I don't give them the time of day and they need to root for the Chargers where they're badly needed.

Comment

Fascist? Ha.

Nobody is saying you can't say what you want. but you cant actually believe that you feel your a fan of the broncos can you, aardwolf? the broncos are not the detroit lions or the arizona cardinals. they are not completely bad like them. denver has positives just as well as negatives. yet you seem to dwell on the negatives. as realistic as you say you are, being a fan is more than numbers and percentages. sometimes those things are irrelevant. bad playing calling, weather and injuries do influence the outcome of games just as much as plain stats. You can say all you want about the broncos, you have every right to speak your mind just don't tell me your a bronco fan cause you have yet to say one thing positive about the broncos as a fan, as a fan. not a robot.
                  Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how do you root for the broncos?

Originally posted by Aardwolf
                    Thank you, Jared! You make an excellent point and that is the way I look at it as well.

If someone wants to say that I'm not allowed to be a Broncos fan because I don't see things their way or do it their way, that only refects negatively on that person and hurts me in no way whatsoever.

Lot's of people have that same sort of fascist style attitude. That's their cross to bear, not mine.
                    the thing with you is, yeah you do notice our flaws, but i have NEVER, EVER, seen you say ANYTHING REMOTELY good about the broncos. I can take the good with the bad, but i could NEVER EVER take the bad with more bad with no good with a splash of negativity and still call myself a fan.
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Im a sore loser. When they lose i dont want to talk to anyone and i go get drunk and rant on the message board, when they win Im fine. Just the normal reaction.

Can't wait to get there.
                      Take care of business Broncos.

Comment

Re: all in all jared

Originally posted by bklynbronco
                        my whole point is to root any way we want as long as we don't offend and don't get personal but as for aardwolf there is a pattern established by his comments . they condescending and always seems to belittle any person who tries to just comment on his responses. remember he claims to be a bronco fan that's my issue with him. I've been here since the preseason and he was convinced that his prophecies were true.when his prediction don't come true he disappears. his credibilty is shot with me.
                        Just put him on ignore and you don't have to deal with him anymore. trust me, it is a beautiful thing.
                        Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

yeah i guess so

he just so arrogant and pompous that it really gets to me because there are so many knowledgable football people on this board (bronco fans and non bronco fans alike)and it's not just fair that anybody that disagrees with aardwolf are blown off as idiots,dumb,ignorant,unrealistic and now fascist. To get along with aardwolf is to believe in his philosophies and only his. I'll put him on ignore but his arrogance is so annoying, somebody has to say something. Just one thing if we all put him on ignore it sort of makes him feel like he's right about everything.

Jared, nobody is saying he can't say what he wants but check all his prior post and see if there any signs of him being a bronco fan.many fans have at one time or another has critized the broncos, that's expected but they have also been excited when they won. It's an up and down situation but they have had positives this year and he has never expressed positive input about his so called team. Jared you are one of the most blatantly honest people on this board and you have straddle that line of defending the broncs and at the same time constructive critizisms yet aardwolf is totally critical and negative more than some KC fans. think about it.
                          Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                          X