Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Marshall On-field talent, Off-field trouble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.K. I agree with all of you.

Marshall is the ****, he is a solid receiver with sure hands that can run AFTER the catch. I believe that the majority of his success is based on the fact that Cutler can put the ball into the smallest window. I often see Marshall open, but i dont always see him with a huge amount of separation. I know he could be very special in OUR offense, but if he were to get released and go somewhere else with a not so great QB, i believe his stats would not be as high. Thats just for the sake of arguement, tho.

What I'm trying to do is, is help everyone realize how lucky we are to have him, and you all even helped me realize some skills he has that put him above the rest. I know you all think he is the best thing since sliced bread, however, dont be surprised if we cut/trade/? him.....I never thought we would have traded Clinton Portis, and look how he fell off in another offense with a different philosophy...

I love Brandon Marshall, but i know so many people with loads of potential who find a way to piss it all away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
      O.K. I agree with all of you.

Marshall is the ****, he is a solid receiver with sure hands that can run AFTER the catch. I believe that the majority of his success is based on the fact that Cutler can put the ball into the smallest window. I often see Marshall open, but i dont always see him with a huge amount of separation. I know he could be very special in OUR offense, but if he were to get released and go somewhere else with a not so great QB, i believe his stats would not be as high. Thats just for the sake of arguement, tho.
      Certainly any receiver's stats would drop if moving to a lesser quarterback. An elite receiver usually has at least a good QB, and vice versa.

But do keep in mind what Marshall accomplished in ONLY his second season. 100+ grabs is a great season for anyone but especially for such a young guy. If he can master his problems off the field, there's no reason to think Marshall won't be a top receiver for us for a long time.

What I'm trying to do is, is help everyone realize how lucky we are to have him, and you all even helped me realize some skills he has that put him above the rest. I know you all think he is the best thing since sliced bread, however, dont be surprised if we cut/trade/? him.....I never thought we would have traded Clinton Portis, and look how he fell off in another offense with a different philosophy...
      But the Broncos didn't want to trade Portis. The problems started when he was threatening a holdout after only his second season and demanding to be the top paid back in the NFL. In addition, running back was a position the Broncos felt confident they could easily replace; wide receiver not so much.

Who knows what will happen with Marshall along those lines but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I love Brandon Marshall, but i know so many people with loads of potential who find a way to piss it all away.

True that. It's certainly possible that Marshall follows that same sad path. But since most of his troubles have centered around his ex-girlfriend, I'm moderately hopeful that he won't get into any serious trouble. Yet I won't be stunned if it happens.

He still has a chance to get himself straightened out and have a great career. Let's just keep our fingers crossed...
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
        It is more that people don't think every minor thing he does, such as traffic tickets, need to be blown up into a federal case. With the attention it gets and the way people talk about it, you would think Brandon just killed someone.
        what hes dead now?....j/k

never said anything like, all I said was dont do stupid things....

just to clarify
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• ray caruth

Whats Next. Marshall Shoots His Girlfriend And Hides In The Trunk Of His Car!!!!!!!!:d:d:d

Comment

• I've given Marshall a clean slate until his DUI trial. If he can beat that charge and come back from a possible suspension by the NFL he can get on the right path and avoid discipline. He needs to be one of the guys that have the pregame stories on CBS about how a guy turned his life around. If he cant stay out of trouble until he is cleared of his charges the decision will be made by Goodell.

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              that is just the media for you, they feed off **** like this and (as someone already mentioned) it is the offseason and there is absolutly nothing going on right now.
              The medias fault now? Wow brother.

Comment

Working...
              X