Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this bronco team harder to figure out then most years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this bronco team harder to figure out then most years?

I am not the sort of person who talks up my team for the sake of it but I seem to have a REALLY strong feeling that we can have a great year and take the west.

do you think this year is harder to figure out then most years?

we really could go either way.

some of the concerns I have is -

~ finding a good #2 who is consistent.

~ getting solid play from the safetys.

~ finding a good K/P.

~ can selvin and our RB's be dangerous.

There's not too much else that worries me.

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I am not the sort of person who talks up my team for the sake of it but I seem to have a REALLY strong feeling that we can have a great year and take the west.

~ getting solid play from the safetys.

~ finding a good K/P.

thats a good question and yes.... not thoues questiions there are more

In fact I look at this team as a whole i can see it being great or suck

Comment

My main worries are:
      ~Can we stop the run?
      ~Can we rush the QB?

I believe are offense will be fine with Cutler. Tony will end up being our number two option on most plays so a consistent number two would be nice but not neccessary.

Comment

Originally posted by BF_forever View Post
        My main worries are:
        ~Can we stop the run?
        ~Can we rush the QB?

I believe are offense will be fine with Cutler. Tony will end up being our number two option on most plays so a consistent number two would be nice but not neccessary.
        yeah, with any team you could ask a fair few questions.

I personally think cutler will have a great year, he's a REALLY good QB IMO, the line looks good with nalen and hamilton returning, I think clady will have a pretty good year at LT. Schef. threatened a big year last year and graham is a fantastic blocker.

I'm quite confident in the D, i'm really glad gold's gone and i'm a big fan of boss. niko's is a natural MLB and a tough leader, good against the run. DJ's back to his natural position, that groups been sorted out well.

i don't have too many q's in the DL for once - DeRob has been a very good performer for the jets and is now going to a 4-3, thomas make big strides last year and mckinley is a good 4-3 rotational guy, powell is a good run stuffer.

we have ALOT of talent at DE with moss/crowder, Dumerville rushing the passer and engelberger/ekuban are pretty solid

Comment

I believe part of the mystery with the Broncos is going the to be the continued production and maturation of our draft picks. The last 2-3 drafts for the team have been productive and we have seen more of them sticking on the roster. If they pan out, it could be a good team. We also have seen a change this year away from signing big money free agents. That also makes things a little more uncertain.

Comment

This year definatly is the hardest in many years to predict. It is basically cause there isnt a position where we have questions. Some are big questions (will our patch work Dline work?, Will our Oline stay healthy?) Some are small (Is Jay going to be able to play with diabieties?)...Then you throw in the we are counting on unproven players up and down our roster (RB, LT, DE, MLB,K) and that makes it really hard to predict. yeah all these young players could work out and we could potentionaly win 10 games. Or they could fail and we could be picking top 5 in this league. For me personally I dont think we have the answer at any of these positions cept DE, and LT. But I think that Clady is going to go through a lot of growing pains this season. I think he is going to get beaten early and often...But it is really going to help him going into year two become the solid to great LT that the orginization envisions him to be. DE I actually like...I think that Dumms is a solid every down lineman that would really benifit from another preasure guy on the other side...However I dont think that player is Moss (I thought he was a HUGE reach in the first round), I think Crowder is a far better player. I think he showed in spots an ability to get to the QB, and I think he is going to be better this year.
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

There are a lot of unanswered questions this year. We don't know who our top RB will be, or how our backs will be used... we've got some new additions on D and on the O-line... we get to see how Cutler plays now that his diabetes is under control...how B-Marsh recovers from being mercilessly attacked by a McDonalds bag...who's our #2 WR... PLUS we have a LOT of promising young talent, and it will just be interesting to see how they grow and develop through the season. I do think that this particular team may be harder to figure out than many we've had--we really don't know where they'll be taking us, but I am DEFINITELY looking forward to enjoying the ride!

Comment

i dont see the broncos sucking or being great but in the middle. They have talent but that talent is young and inexperienced. I see them going 10-6 and maybe getting a wild card. They will make strides but are not a complete team yet or at least they havent proven it yet.
                sigpic
                "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post

~ getting solid play from the safeties.

~ finding a good K/P.

Our defense stopping the run and increasing takeaways

Can we finally build a pass rush from our DL?

How good is Niko and will it be good enough? Ditto Boss.

Special teams in general. Last year they sucked. Our kick coverage was deplorable and our returns have been nearly as bad with few exceptions.

Can Selvin Young increase the number of carries he makes and avoid injury?
                  (that's also from a fantasy viewpoint)

Can Clady avoid being taught too many lessons by opposing DE's and manage to cover Jay's blindside?

All of these things are questions that need to be answered to understand what kind of season we have.
                  You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

It's tough to say right now. I wouldnt say its tougher than most years, but it's not easy to figure it out either.

There's just so many new faces on both sides of the ball that chemistry, in my mind, will be a big factor for this years squad.

If this team can work to build some kind of chemistry during training camp then I'd say we have a hell of a shot to at least make some noise in the AFC.

If not, we'll see more of the same struggles as last year.

For now, I'll say we are a pretty average team.
                    sigpic

Comment

You know, I'm wondering if anyone has considered... with Nalen back, are we going to see problems on the snap, again?
                      The clever man delivers reasonable, rational, and sometimes irrefutable arguments. The wise man understands the futility of reasonable, rational, and irrefutable arguments. I'm neither wise, nor, I suspect, very clever.

Comment

This team reminds me of our '05 team that went to the AFC a lot of unknown but solid players. I just have really good feeling about this year i can't explain it.
                        sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanBronc View Post
                          You know, I'm wondering if anyone has considered... with Nalen back, are we going to see problems on the snap, again?
                          Nah. Jay and Tom both seemed to be on the same page last season while playing together, unlike Jay's rookie year.

Comment

I think this is the hardest team to guess at we have had for a long time.

Positives:

-Jay Cutler is entering his 3rd season and should be ready to light up the league
                            -Dumervil, Moss, Crowder, Thomas and Robertson should find some good passrush between them
                            -Marshall, Scheffler, Graham, Stokley is a good receiving group
                            -We have the speed back at the linebacker position
                            -We have a lot of young people who are hungry

Negatives:

-Our offensive line consists of rookies and old men coming of injuries
                            -No matter who starts at runningback injuries and inexperience will be a factor
                            -Marshall needs to stay out of the limelight between Sundays
                            -Will the defense perform with all those new players or are we still in trouble?
                            -We have no proven kicker or punter and a rookie returner, so we could end up on the losing end of the field position battle yet again

The potential is there for as much as a 13-3 season, on the other hand the questionmarks are there for a 6-10 season. Logic would dictate we end up somewhere in the middle of that range.

Comment

how can anyone be confident about our D? I didnt like coyer and i dont like slowick, which when he was named the replacement DC, there were many others who felt the same way

is shanny finally willing to put teams away? Ive noticed a pattern over the past couple of years where we've been up (doesnt matter by how much) and teams have come back because we run it for 3 downs and hope for the best.

I think this year is more important for the coaching staff to show that they have made progress than the players...
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X