Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 more signings.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    What's with all these four year deals? Even the 7th rounders are getting them. I wonder if this has to do with the pending capless season.

    I'm glad the Broncos are making progress on signing their draft picks.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by The|Snake#16 View Post
      The one thing that bothers me is that we tried Larsen at fullback, i'm hoping that's no indication of their confidence in him as a linebacker.
      I was gonna write the same thing. Seems like an absolute waste of 2 weeks to get acclimated to a spot when we already drafted an awesome FB in Peyton Hillis and have two FB's in Sapp and Bell. Bell, who Shanahan could be a Pro Bowl FB who hasn't started a game at FB?

      Doesn't make any sense to me at all. Let them man line up and smack some people, he was a beast in college.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Sacklunch View Post
        I was gonna write the same thing. Seems like an absolute waste of 2 weeks to get acclimated to a spot when we already drafted an awesome FB in Peyton Hillis and have two FB's in Sapp and Bell. Bell, who Shanahan could be a Pro Bowl FB who hasn't started a game at FB?

        Doesn't make any sense to me at all. Let them man line up and smack some people, he was a beast in college.
        Agreed, Shanny always does something that irks me and this is one of those things. Why even entertain it? Are Sapp and Hillis really such poor fullbacks? We need more help at linebacker right now than we do fullbacks.

        Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by The|Snake#16 View Post
          Agreed, Shanny always does something that irks me and this is one of those things. Why even entertain it? Are Sapp and Hillis really such poor fullbacks? We need more help at linebacker right now than we do fullbacks.
          Maybe he just wanted Niko and Webster to get most/all the reps in the limited camp. But who knows
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by The|Snake#16 View Post
            Agreed, Shanny always does something that irks me and this is one of those things. Why even entertain it? Are Sapp and Hillis really such poor fullbacks? We need more help at linebacker right now than we do fullbacks.
            Only thing I could possibly think of is that Cecil Sapp is going to be an Free Agent at the end of this year and Bell hasn't shown any flashes at FB. So maybe he thought that if Sapp leaves after this year, Hillis takes over and maybe Larsen could be a reserve?

            Which would still be retarded but I think it's a waste of his abilities and he should be a good Special Teamer and back up to Niko.

            I know Larsen is a bruiser but I don't know if he has any coverage skills.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ChrisSimpy View Post
              Maybe he just wanted Niko and Webster to get most/all the reps in the limited camp. But who knows
              Could be. Just seems weird when the position already seems overloaded. You can only have one FB on the field at a time, unless another is active for ST.

              Comment


              • #22
                Sweet!
                Can't wait to see what they can do for us in the season!!
                ALL READY!!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by The|Snake#16 View Post
                  The one thing that bothers me is that we tried Larsen at fullback, i'm hoping that's no indication of their confidence in him as a linebacker.
                  I watched a show on NFL network last night ...Top 10 most versatile players. People like Mike Vrabel, Deion Sanders, and Troy Brown were in there. One of the things they talked about was the patriots players ability to play multiple positions which is one of the things that lead to their recent dominance in the league. It sure sounds like a good idea to have players that can perform well on a variety of positions, especially if the player is a backup anyway. Remember the Frdge running the ball for the Bears? People said the sdame thing then why use a DL guy for a fb? Vrabel, a LB for the pats has 8 career receptions....all for TD's, 2 of them in superbowl wins. I'm all for having our players learn to be useful to the team anyway they can.

                  By the way the number 1 versatile player was Sammy Baugh. Led the league in touchdown passes, punting and interceptions all in the same year. WOW!!!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    By the way the number 1 versatile player was Sammy Baugh. Led the league in touchdown passes, punting and interceptions all in the same year. WOW!!!
                    Wow, that is ridiculous!

                    to him.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by hudd76 View Post
                      "We don't have any big needs, so we'll just save it," Larsen said. "It's more money than we've ever been around."


                      I just wish more players had that attidude when it comes to money in the nfl...Some players would refuse to play with out the big bucks..I mean to us ordinary joes 90 grand would be more money then most make in 2 or 3 years...
                      I heard like 62% of NBA players within 5 years of being out of the league are flat broke.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Blondie79

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Prodigal19 View Post
                        Very nice.
                        I love Larsen's attitude.
                        Yeah, no doubt. Sounds like the type of team player that needs to be around.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                          I heard like 62% of NBA players within 5 years of being out of the league are flat broke.
                          Rick Reilly had a great article for ESPN Magazine about it. Hilarious.
                          sigpic

                          I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by draco193 View Post
                            And whos to say he isnt the next Nalen? He was a top center prospect. He fits what we want in a center for the ZBS. HE will probably have a year to learn the position. Let the kid at least play a preseason game before you say how he will do in the NFL.
                            Very true........
                            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                              Very true. Just shows us all how overpaid a person with athletic ability can be.

                              ..Don't even get me started on actors.
                              You do realize that after 10 years in the NFL most NFL players bodies are TRASHED!!! i say let them get the dollars its supply and demand. if it is there take it
                              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                              While he sits by his hearth at home.
                              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                              That he knows nothing at all.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
                                You do realize that after 10 years in the NFL most NFL players bodies are TRASHED!!! i say let them get the dollars its supply and demand. if it is there take it
                                Pretty dog BTW! Is it a mastiff or Pitt? I own three Pitt bulls(1 male & 2 females). The Male is solid white and the Females are solid red like yours and the other one is a buckskin color. For anyone who thinks that Pitt bulls are naturally vicious, remember a dog is only mean if you make it that way. Respect them and they'll respect you.

                                Sorry for being off topic.
                                sigpic







                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X