Breaking Down The Broncos Roster -- Part 1 - Tight End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking Down The Broncos Roster -- Part 1 - Tight End

This was a successful and popular series last season so I thought I would share this year as well. Here is Part 1 of the Series....

Enjoy!

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/7...ver-broncos-br

Check Out MHR Radio

Subscribe To MHR Radio - The PodCast

Originally posted by TheSportsGuru View Post
    This was a successful and popular series last season so I thought I would share this year as well. Here is Part 1 of the Series....

Enjoy!

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/7...ver-broncos-br
    Listened to the show tonight, good talk on the TE situtaion
    sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear it! Should get better and better as we head towards the season!

Check Out MHR Radio

Subscribe To MHR Radio - The PodCast

Comment

Thanks for the breakdown. I think we've got a great group if Scheffler can ward off the foot injuries.

Comment

We may not have an elite TE like a Gates or a Gonzalez, but the group between Sheff and Graham I am very happy and am confident going into the season.

Comment

Graham helps us especially in the running game but he can make a play with a reception or two every know and then. Sheffler is a nice receiving threat who is fast, and that compliments Graham's abilities. One of our other TEs may step up.

Comment

Ou est le Moutard?

If our OL can hold this year, we'll see a lot more of Danny G. He's just a little out of practice at this point in time last year we used his blocking skills simply out of necessity, hopefully he'll be running a few more routes this time round.
              sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Tight End is our team's strongest position. Graham for a few years now has been one of the best blocking TE's in the game, and the Scheff is quickly becoming a top 10 recieving TE option. I've always liked Chad Mustard, I don't know why, probably because of his name...
                sigpic
                Sig by Blondie79

Comment

This year is Nate Jackson's year, he seems to do really well when he's healthy. I am looking forward to seeing him develop more as a player!

Comment

I rate the group with a strong B+ or a small A-. We have in Daniel Graham probably the best blocking tight end in the league, when you look at him manhandle a linebacker you could swear he is an offensive tackle in a tight end body. Tony Scheffler should be a top 10 recieving tight end this year, maybe even top 5, he definitely has the tools (size, speed, hands and his quarterbacks trust and eye). Nate Jackson looks to me like one of those almost players, he has what is needed to be a player, but there will always be something holding him back, think Courtney Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post
                      I rate the group with a strong B+ or a small A-. We have in Daniel Graham probably the best blocking tight end in the league, when you look at him manhandle a linebacker you could swear he is an offensive tackle in a tight end body. Tony Scheffler should be a top 10 recieving tight end this year, maybe even top 5, he definitely has the tools (size, speed, hands and his quarterbacks trust and eye). Nate Jackson looks to me like one of those almost players, he has what is needed to be a player, but there will always be something holding him back, think Courtney Brown.
                      Graham best blocking TE and Scheff a top 10 maybe top 5 recieving TE in your opinion but you only say B+ or A-?
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                        Tight End is our team's strongest position. Graham for a few years now has been one of the best blocking TE's in the game, and the Scheff is quickly becoming a top 10 recieving TE option. I've always liked Chad Mustard, I don't know why, probably because of his name...

Mustard, I think the team has seen the last of him. He was injured in the OTA's and probably won't be ready for the opening on camp. He doesn't seem to be a special teams player. I'm not sure if the OL switch is still on. So, unless there are a series of injuries, I don't see Mustard on the final roster.

Comment

As I recall, Chad Mustard was cut and then resigned and then cut resigned like six times last year. However, he proved his value as a receiving threat late in the season and I think he will be a more permanent part of the broncos roster

Comment

IMO, or TE's are rated a C...Shef is a huge threat WHEN HE's HEALTHY, Daniel is a very good blocking TE with stone hands IE see the Indi game or the Jax game... Mustard is below average in all areas...Nate Jackson has all the tool's he just need's to put them all together...If you look at all the Top teams they all have a TE that is abig part in there attack...I remember Bootlegs roll out and Shannon running a cross the field wide open for 20-30 yards a catch...I love Shef but man he needs to be on the field for a full 16 games...I wish we would have picked a TE in the draft just for depth...If Shef goes down, then you got Jackson in on 2nd maybe 3rd down, Daniel on first maybe third...Jud Putzier should have never been let go...he played very well for us IMO.
                            sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
                              IMO, or TE's are rated a C...Shef is a huge threat WHEN HE's HEALTHY, Daniel is a very good blocking TE with stone hands IE see the Indi game or the Jax game... Mustard is below average in all areas...Nate Jackson has all the tool's he just need's to put them all together...If you look at all the Top teams they all have a TE that is abig part in there attack...I remember Bootlegs roll out and Shannon running a cross the field wide open for 20-30 yards a catch...I love Shef but man he needs to be on the field for a full 16 games...I wish we would have picked a TE in the draft just for depth...If Shef goes down, then you got Jackson in on 2nd maybe 3rd down, Daniel on first maybe third...Jud Putzier should have never been let go...he played very well for us IMO.
                              You act like Scheff has a huge history of injuries. His only injury is that foot which he still played every game with.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Working...
                              X