Which Rookies Make The Cut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Rookies Make The Cut?

Based on early projections and what some of you may have seen, which rookies do you think will make the final roster?

Ryan Clady- Might have a chance. I think this one is obvious.

Anthony Aldridge and Ryan Torain- Do they both make this year's squad? Who will be cut?

Peyton Hills- I think he's going to the fullback of the future, if he brings it like H.G. did, lock it up Championship, cause the run game will thrive and the passing will fall into place.

Brett Kern-Does he beat out Paulescu?

Eddie Royal- He's on

Garret Hartley- Does he beat out Prater?

Jack Williams- Actually signed an autograph for my niece JWILL$ must be sure he is on. Thoughts?

Josh Barett-Saw he signed.

Spencer Larsen-Signed.I hope he is a beast as everyone was saying right after the draft.
    Kory "Big Lick" Lictensteiger- Think he is on for the depth needed at the C position.

Carlton Powell-Signed. Will he be a soilid DT and relief for D. Robertston? Maybe playing beside another Hokie, Engelberger will be good. I know they are nine years apart but still.

Tyler Polumbus-?
    Lorne Sam- ?
    sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Well chances are that the drafted rookies will make it...Unless they totally lay an egg (Clarrett). Teams tend not to cut a player that they spent a draft pick if he is at least looking like he might belong. As for the undrafted rookies, I think one or two might make this team. Contrary to what a lot of people believe this team is lacking a lot of talent, So give the rookies a little better shot. Then I think 3 or 4 of the Rookies will spend the season on the practice squad
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
      Based on early projections and what some of you may have seen, which rookies do you think will make the final roster?

Ryan Clady- Might have a chance. I think this one is obvious.

Anthony Aldridge and Ryan Torain- Do they both make this year's squad? Who will be cut?

Peyton Hills- I think he's going to the fullback of the future, if he brings it like H.G. did, lock it up Championship, cause the run game will thrive and the passing will fall into place.

Brett Kern-Does he beat out Paulescu?

Eddie Royal- He's on

Garret Hartley- Does he beat out Prater?

Jack Williams- Actually signed an autograph for my niece JWILL$ must be sure he is on. Thoughts?

Josh Barett-Saw he signed.

Spencer Larsen-Signed.I hope he is a beast as everyone was saying right after the draft.
      Kory "Big Lick" Lictensteiger- Think he is on for the depth needed at the C position.

Carlton Powell-Signed. Will he be a soilid DT and relief for D. Robertston? Maybe playing beside another Hokie, Engelberger will be good. I know they are nine years apart but still.

Tyler Polumbus-?
      Lorne Sam- ?
      final

barrett

royal

hillis

clady

williams

lichtensteiger

torain

larsen

Powell

woodyard

kern

polumbus - if not he will at least make PS IMO jut because of our lack of depth at the position

who doesnt make the final

alridge - i just cant see keeping all 5 backs on the roster with solid play from both hall and young when they got the chance, pittman will make it if not jut for experience and then torain

unless alridge can impact as a receiver or KR man i cant see him making the team

hartley - honestly i just dont like him, idk why but i hope prater keeps up his streak of not missing any field goals and translates it into the season and then the reg season

paulescu - again i just like kern better, he finished last year with over a 46 net avg and was second in the best punter in the nation, the ray guy award

sam - maybe a practice squad guy unless he can prove to be more useful than parker
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

All of the drafted rookies will make it. Anthony Aldridge might make it if he lights it up as a KR. Brett Kern and Garrett Hartley will probably either make the roster or we might try to put them on the practice squad. I think Polumbus will be cut unless he makes it as depth for the LT spot(behind Clady). Lorne Sam might make it as depth but he would have to beat out at LEAST Glenn Martinez(which I think he could), and possibly Samie Parker. Even then he would be the 6th WR. It'll be hard for him, we'll see.
        sigpic
        Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
          Well chances are that the drafted rookies will make it...Unless they totally lay an egg (Clarrett). Teams tend not to cut a player that they spent a draft pick if he is at least looking like he might belong. As for the undrafted rookies, I think one or two might make this team. Contrary to what a lot of people believe this team is lacking a lot of talent, So give the rookies a little better shot. Then I think 3 or 4 of the Rookies will spend the season on the practice squad
          You have got to be one of the most negative posters on this board.

This team is not lacking a lot of talent, the starting rotation is very talented - Cutler, Marshall, Nalen, Jackson (I have high hopes he can turn things around), Champ, Lynch, DJ, DOOM, Robertson - All these guys either have been or have potential to be Pro bowl players.

The problem the team has, and this is where it gets the black mark on the draft rankings, is that some drafts (particualry those from 2000-2005) have failed to provide quality DEPTH. So when, for example, Nalen and Hamilton go down for the season there is nobody that can step in and get the job done. hence the awfull proformance of the O-line in 2007.

As to the thread -

The drafted guys will be signed. otherwise it would be a total waste of a draft pick, and we really can't afford much of those (see depth note)

I dont think Aldridge will make the team actually, he is small and his style is too similar to Young and Hall, who are both proven backs in the NFL (well one at least is)

The others.. not so sure, Maby the kickers and punters can compete for spots since we are despratly needing talent there...

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post

?

Ryan Clady- he will make the roster and be our starting left tackle all year

Anthony Aldridge- he is a wild card it all depends on what happens with parker and colbert. his size makes him unlikely at RB but he could be a specialized situation guy for us at WR/RB/KR/PR i think he has the talent to make the roster but it will come down to space.

Ryan Torain- He will be on the roster come opening day (look for Andre Hall to be expendable)

Peyton Hills- He will start 3rd on the depth chart at FB but will make his way up. he will make the roster

Brett Kern- Possible????

Eddie Royal- this is a guarentee

Garret Hartley- No i hate this guy he was really not that accurate in college and i am not sure what they saw in him

Jack Williams- he will make it karl and paymah are both FA next year and he will need the playing time and expireince he will make the roster

Josh Barett- if he keeps up his current work ethic he will make the team.

Spencer Larsen- He will make the team and beck will become expendable

Kory "Big Lick" Lictensteiger- he will make the team or get put on IR and PJ Alexander will be gone.

Carlton Powell- He will make the roster but i have questions because peterson, mallard and stephen harris all will look for playing time.

Tyler Polumbus- Should make the team i honestly think he is and upgrade over pears and harris, but he is an unknow right now.

Lorne Sam- Practice Squad

Comment

I really hope Alridge can make it. leading up to the draft, I read several reports from scouts who said he is the fastest human they have ever seen, and he was #3 on returners in the draft in one magazine I had, with Royal #2. I hope he can do sometihng to make the team and contribute on ST, the man can flat out fly. Also, I'm still backing polumbus to be a starter on this team by the end of his 3rd year, I've always liked him and he has the potential.
              sigpic
              Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by OC Bronco View Post
                You have got to be one of the most negative posters on this board.

This team is not lacking a lot of talent, the starting rotation is very talented - Cutler, Marshall, Nalen, Jackson (I have high hopes he can turn things around), Champ, Lynch, DJ, DOOM, Robertson - All these guys either have been or have potential to be Pro bowl players.

The problem the team has, and this is where it gets the black mark on the draft rankings, is that some drafts (particualry those from 2000-2005) have failed to provide quality DEPTH. So when, for example, Nalen and Hamilton go down for the season there is nobody that can step in and get the job done. hence the awfull proformance of the O-line in 2007.

As to the thread -

The drafted guys will be signed. otherwise it would be a total waste of a draft pick, and we really can't afford much of those (see depth note)

I dont think Aldridge will make the team actually, he is small and his style is too similar to Young and Hall, who are both proven backs in the NFL (well one at least is)

The others.. not so sure, Maby the kickers and punters can compete for spots since we are despratly needing talent there...
                I think he does make the team. Hall is not as good a returner as Alridge is and hall will fall down the depth chart behind Young, Pittman, and Torain. Alridge will provide return ability, outside runs from the backfield and a receiving threat in the passing game...all better than Hall. If one of them goes it will be Hall
                sigpic

Comment

Only one person has mentioned Wesley Woodyard on this post. I think he makes the team somehow. Might just be on the practice squad but he has a lot of upside to him with the ability to play ST, Safety or LB.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ryan Clady- Yep

Anthony Aldridge and Ryan Torain- Torrain does, Aldridge doesnt. Aldridge's best chance is as a KR/bottom WR, and we drafted a guy to be the KR in the second round. We also still have Martinez and Hall.

Peyton Hills- Easily makes it. I really hope this signals the departure of Cecil, I never saw the potential or the actual play. Hillis will make the run game one of the best again.

Brett Kern- I dont know. Even if he doesnt, he might get a call a few weeks into the season to come back.

Eddie Royal- He's on

Garret Hartley- I think hes gone, but, once again, might get a call a few weeks in.

Jack Williams- Guy will be a great nickel corner one day. As of now, probably will be the 5th guy on, and get some mop up duty.

Josh Barett-Makes it, and becomes a special teamer this year.

Spencer Larsen-As long as we dont try him at FB, hell be a good backup/special teamer

Kory "Big Lick" Lictensteiger- This is one that I just dont know about. Does this mean Hamilton might not be long for the roster? Or does Wiergmann get the early boot(More likely)?

Carlton Powell-He will struggle, as all rookie dlinemen do. But, he will be part of the rotation

Tyler Polumbus-PS player this year, full roster next year after we let Pears walk.
                    Lorne Sam- Maybe PS

Woodyard- I think he makes it as well, but, as a safety. I think we lose one of our journeymen, and try Woodyard out to replace Sam Brandon as the Big Nickle guy.

About Aldridge: I dont like people saying that rookies are going to be horribel before they play, but, I also dont like them to say they ar ebetter than guys that are playing. Andre Hall was injured a lot of last year, so we dont know exactly how well he can play. I think he was our best return man last year, and I like his ability to be a Running Back more than I do Aldridge. aldrdige is 5-8, 175 pounds. He needs to add weight to that frame, because otherwise he will not hold up doing anything more than returning.
                    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

woodyard is a LB people, i very highly doubt he will play safety, a little slow and not very good in coverage

hes what like 5lbs less than an "average" LB in this league

that is easy to put on, i mean boss is only 232 and is like 6-3 Wesley is 6-1 230

he has a better ratio than boss already, idk why this kid was undrafted
                      sigpic
                      -------

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
                        Anthony Aldridge and Ryan Torain- Torrain does, Aldridge doesnt. Aldridge's best chance is as a KR/bottom WR, and we drafted a guy to be the KR in the second round. We also still have Martinez and Hall
                        Correction, Royal is a punt returner, not a kick returner. At least, that's what he was in college. He only returned about two kickoffs in college. We might use as a KR, but in college he was a PR, so Aldridge might make it as KR.
                        sigpic
                        Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                          woodyard is a LB people, i very highly doubt he will play safety, a little slow and not very good in coverage

that is easy to put on, i mean boss is only 232 and is like 6-3 Wesley is 6-1 230

i cant believ i forgot this guy he is one of my favorite pickups. he will make the team for special teams period, we need back-up behind DJ at WLB and winborn is about it. with expirience and 5-7 more lbs woodyard will be a beast at WLB if Dj walks in FA, next year which is a very good possibility. people forget he was drafted becasue of his contain ability and ability to get to the QB as well as his athleticism. if he doesnt make the team it would suprise me. and know he wont play saftey. you dont put a guy at safety taht hasnt played there since his first 6 games of freshman year when he was a beast in college as a LB. he is the same size as gold and gold did very well for us in his prime at WLB

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post

Woodyard will make the team, even if it's just for ST purposes. That's one thing about this draft I like, We got a lot of guys that are or could be ST beasts.
                            sigpic
                            Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Which cut are we talking about?

This seasons cut, or in the future... You know, like how we have the least amount of drafted players on the team since 2004.

Comment

Working...
                              X