X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tripledoi View Post
    Ryan Clady:double duh!
    eddie royal: another duh
    kory lichtensteiger(however u pronounce it):he will definitly make the team because we need more depth at the center and gaurd positions. he can play both which makes some of the other linemen expendable.
    jack williams:i don't really understand why we drafted him. is he a good returner for kickoffs along side royal or something?someneeds to tell me why we got this guy when we have champ dre and foxworth to back up both of them.
    CARLTON POWELL:will make the team, because alvin mckinley is getting old.
    RYAN TORRAIN: we will keep him and cut andre hall and mike bell. ryan will be a 10 rushes per game type of guy.
    SPENCER LARSON:keep and he will play special teams and maybe fight niko for starting middle linebacker.
    JOSH BARRETT: will be on the team and add depth to safties and maybe take abdulahs spot.
    PEYTON HILLS:will not make team.
    undrafted free agents:none will make the team except for the kickers and the tackle.
    go broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike bell will still be a bronco next year, i agree hall could be shown the door though but only if torain impresses.

Comment

the 08 draft class will ofcourse be on this years roster.

the most interesting move will be woodyard. no one wouldve guessed hed go undrafted. with our lack of unproven talent at lb (except dj) i hope he makes the team.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
        Because Paymah is a free agent in 09 and Foxworth sucks, besides that, most teams like to keep more than 4 CB's......Williams makes 5 CB's.
        I wouldnt say Foxworth sucks as a CB. As a safety he is marginal at best. However, in his one season of playing Corner full time he had 70 tackles, 14 passes defended, and 2 picks. Im thinking that a return to corner full time, coupled with a return to a scheme that works closely to how Coyer's did will help him out immensely.
        Last edited by draco193; 07-14-2008, 12:19 PM.
        sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
        SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Whats up everybody. Yes I am a Raider fan but I'm not here to start anything lol...I'm actually a huge Anthony Aldridge fan and followed him in Houston. He has a ton of potentil and in all honesty, whenever I watch him, he reminds me so much of Brian Westbrook. He has ridiculous speed, great hands, and very good moves. He also has decent power for his size. Not to mention that he was 2nd in the nation in YPC behind only Felix Jones. Best of luck with him.

Comment

Football is like a box of chocolates, You never know what you're going to get. Until The Season starts! I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
              I wouldnt say Foxworth sucks as a CB. As a safety he is marginal at best. However, in his one season of playing Corner full time he had 70 tackles, 14 passes defended, and 2 picks. Im thinking that a return to corner full time, coupled with a return to a scheme that works closely to how Coyer's did will help him out immensely.
              The Broncos need to stop moving players to new positions, they're not doing the players and the team any good.

But to be honest with ya, it's Foxworth's play at CB that bothered me last year, his play at safety was expected.

And, judging by his resume, I think Slowik would be of better help to Foxworth as a position coach than a DC......

Comment

The Broncos need to stop moving players to new positions, they're not doing the players and the team any good.
                I agree. See D.J. Williams and the bizarre trial with Spencer Larsen at FB when we drafted Hillis.

I'm still not a fan of Foxworth after the AFC Championship game against the Steelers when he was playing 15 yards off Ward. Rookie or not, how about covering the guy.

Weird, another completion to Ward!

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
                  Based on early projections and what some of you may have seen, which rookies do you think will make the final roster?

Ryan Clady- Might have a chance. I think this one is obvious.

Anthony Aldridge and Ryan Torain- Do they both make this year's squad? Who will be cut?

Peyton Hills- I think he's going to the fullback of the future, if he brings it like H.G. did, lock it up Championship, cause the run game will thrive and the passing will fall into place.

Brett Kern-Does he beat out Paulescu?

Eddie Royal- He's on

Garret Hartley- Does he beat out Prater?

Jack Williams- Actually signed an autograph for my niece JWILL$ must be sure he is on. Thoughts?

Josh Barett-Saw he signed.

Spencer Larsen-Signed.I hope he is a beast as everyone was saying right after the draft.
                  Kory "Big Lick" Lictensteiger- Think he is on for the depth needed at the C position.

Carlton Powell-Signed. Will he be a soilid DT and relief for D. Robertston? Maybe playing beside another Hokie, Engelberger will be good. I know they are nine years apart but still.

Tyler Polumbus-?
                  Lorne Sam- ?
                  Clady should be the starting OLT in this League for the next decade or more.

I think Royal will be a pleasant suprise as a WR, and a good kick returner.

I still am suspicious of Lichtenstieger....he looked horrible in the Sr Bowl...hopefully that ws just a result of his injured shoulder.

Jack Williams will be nothing more than a nickle or dime Corner, and, hopefully, a very good special teammer.

Carlton Powell...hoping we got a steal here...he played on some very good VA Tech defenses.

Ryan Torian...he looked very good to me against Colorado, which is the only game I saw him play in. Similar to Mike Anderson in style, I am keeping a close eye on him.

Spencer Larsen...I am not sure the Broncos know what to do with him, as he has expeimented at Fullback as well.

Josh Barrett and Peyton Hillis are popular draft picks, but there was a reason they slipped to the late rounds.

Tyler Polumbus and Anthony Aldridge...will probably spend their rookie seasons on the practice squad and see what they can do in year two.

Comment

But to be honest with ya, it's Foxworth's play at CB that bothered me last year, his play at safety was expected.

And, judging by his resume, I think Slowik would be of better help to Foxworth as a position coach than a DC......
                    Slowick might be. But, the fact that hes going to be the DC and his normal scheme was closer to the one that Foxworth played very well under his rookie year will help. I dont remember how much zone we ran that year. But, I know last year we played a lot.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sacklunch View Post
                      I agree. See D.J. Williams and the bizarre trial with Spencer Larsen at FB when we drafted Hillis.

I'm still not a fan of Foxworth after the AFC Championship game against the Steelers when he was playing 15 yards off Ward. Rookie or not, how about covering the guy.

Weird, another completion to Ward!
                      Thats scheme though. Hes playing where the scheme calls for him to line up. Coyer's inabilityto shift the corners up to stop the quick pass killed us.
                      sigpic

Comment

Slowick might be. But, the fact that hes going to be the DC and his normal scheme was closer to the one that Foxworth played very well under his rookie year will help. I dont remember how much zone we ran that year. But, I know last year we played a lot.
                        If I remember correctly, the Broncos tried to keep the way the DB's played in 05 and 06 the same last year, kind of a compromise by Bates' preference to playing a lot of man-to-man.

I think they tried to keep it as close to the way it was when Bailey should have won defensive MVP.

Judging from that, I'm not sure if we'll see much difference in the way the corners play......

Comment

Thats scheme though. Hes playing where the scheme calls for him to line up. Coyer's inabilityto shift the corners up to stop the quick pass killed us.
                          That's true, it could have been but I'll never know. Maybe I'm just holding a grudge because we were so close.

I just remember seeing Foxworth lined up far off his man but Bailey being 5-7 yards closer on the opposite side. Now, obviously Foxworth isn't Bailey, nor is the majority of CB's in the league and it was his rookie year. My problem was/is Foxworth isn't a dumb man however, and even if Coyer was calling for him to be off and every time his man is catching a short dig or slant you have to start taking chances.

I think Foxworth has to turn some heads and create some turnovers or he'll get lost to free agency next year.

Comment

If I remember correctly, the Broncos tried to keep the way the DB's played in 05 and 06 the same last year, kind of a compromise by Bates' preference to playing a lot of man-to-man.

I think they tried to keep it as close to the way it was when Bailey should have won defensive MVP.

Judging from that, I'm not sure if we'll see much difference in the way the corners play......
                            I think that's right. The only major difference was the lack of production from the front four in generating low QB pressure because of Bates scheme. Which allowed WR's to run all over the field.

The corners will probably still play a lot of zone so they can read the QB/backfield and jump routes.

Comment

Hmm, alright. It will certainly be interesting to see this season. I really hope Foxworth can play well again, because he is a great person in the community, and a smart young player.
                              sigpic

Comment

Greetings Bronco fans

Being a die-hard Cougar fan..I really hope Anthony makes it.

He has a cult following down in Houston. He's by far my favorite football player of all time. Incredible charisma.

Here are some highlights of his:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ff7fS06deQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXolV...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXQrN...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfMyb...eature=related

and my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPW61...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X