X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Joe
    replied
    Originally posted by kmonty View Post
    The problem is that it's usually his poor play that puts the team in the situation to begin with. He doesn't rise above and lift up a group of untalented guys... he drags a bunch of Pro Bowlers down before finally figuring it out and making up for three quarters of sucktitude.
    Really couldnt have said it better myself. Cutler will be the real deal. Hes got the swagger and the persona to make it happen and oh yea, we've already seen him do it on some meh teams.

Leave a comment:

• wncbronxx
    replied
    Originally posted by kmonty View Post
    The problem is that it's usually his poor play that puts the team in the situation to begin with. He doesn't rise above and lift up a group of untalented guys... he drags a bunch of Pro Bowlers down before finally figuring it out and making up for three quarters of sucktitude.
    True that!

Leave a comment:

• Calif. Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Combo1985 View Post
    wonder how many more years its gonna be before people stop saying leinhart......
    Everyone who has been on here (or any message board) for any length of time occasionally makes a mistake - try to keep that in mind or it's sure to come back and bite you in the...

Leave a comment:

• Sacklunch
    replied
    Originally posted by cairin72432 View Post
    2 years ago when Jay lead us down for a touchdown against the 49ers was a breakthrough for me, we may have lost the game, but i believe in years to come his calmness and swagger will catapolt him into an elite quarterback.
    I remember that drive vividly. It started on the 1 yard line they marched for 99 yards for a TD. We lost but that definitely showed something to me as well, Cutler doesn't seem to get too rattled and remains pretty calm. He definitely seems a like a special QB and can't wait to see what he can do going into year 3!

Leave a comment:

• Auggy74
    replied
    Originally posted by blorange View Post
    Rivers is a special case.He unlike Cutler started with some better than decient talent.Cutler had talent but most of it was on the bench with injuries and he still put up better numbers then Rivers.That says alot.What we need to see is Rivers in this situation and how he responds.On the other hand Cutler is locked and loaded,with a deffense that looks much improved.Can anyone outside he Rocky MTN region say OH! S#!T!!!
    Yes they can, but I don't think they want to. Maybe around week 6.

Leave a comment:

• blorange
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
    As much as i hate to admit it, u have to put Philip Rivers on this list, 7 4th quarter comebacks, the most by any QB in their first two years starting
    Rivers is a special case.He unlike Cutler started with some better than decient talent.Cutler had talent but most of it was on the bench with injuries and he still put up better numbers then Rivers.That says alot.What we need to see is Rivers in this situation and how he responds.On the other hand Cutler is locked and loaded,with a deffense that looks much improved.Can anyone outside he Rocky MTN region say OH! S#!T!!!

Leave a comment:

• delaranta
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    That isnt fair...the guy played really well last year......the team was winning with him at the helm
    I think he was talking about misspelling Leinart's last name...

Leave a comment:

• kmonty
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
    As much as i hate to admit it, u have to put Philip Rivers on this list, 7 4th quarter comebacks, the most by any QB in their first two years starting

Leave a comment:

• Broncosojia
    replied
    Originally posted by cairin72432 View Post
    Top 5 Quarterbacks in League that have that unique ability to stay calm and lead a 4th quarter comeback?

Out of Cultlers class i believe he is the only one that can bring a team back from double digit deficit. Young and Leinhart werent in the situation where they were behind that often in college. 2 years ago when Jay lead us down for a touchdown against the 49ers was a breakthrough for me, we may have lost the game, but i believe in years to come his calmness and swagger will catapolt him into an elite quarterback. Elway had it, and that presence he had in the huddle is what seperated him between the 2 other quarterbacks in his class. Marino and Kelly were both great as well but didnt have that added cool one needs to be called the best ever. The only 2 other quarterbacks ever that had it like John is Brady and Montana. That is the reason they are the greatest 3 of all time. I think Cutler is maybe already in the top 5 in this category and if we do win 10 or 11 games this seson it will be because we won 3 or 4 close games.

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Brett Favre
    Big Ben
    and Romo and Cutler are right there together.

Leave a comment:

• wncbronxx
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    That isnt fair...the guy played really well last year......the team was winning with him at the helm
    Give him his dues and the boot!

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by Combo1985 View Post
    wonder how many more years its gonna be before people stop saying leinhart......

Leave a comment:

• jdubv724
    replied
    Jay Cutler has VERY good numbers in close games. Him and Eli Manning also led the league in gamewinning/gametying drives.

Leave a comment:

• Combo1985
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cairin72432
    started a topic Close Games

Close Games

Top 5 Quarterbacks in League that have that unique ability to stay calm and lead a 4th quarter comeback?

Out of Cultlers class i believe he is the only one that can bring a team back from double digit deficit. Young and Leinhart werent in the situation where they were behind that often in college. 2 years ago when Jay lead us down for a touchdown against the 49ers was a breakthrough for me, we may have lost the game, but i believe in years to come his calmness and swagger will catapolt him into an elite quarterback. Elway had it, and that presence he had in the huddle is what seperated him between the 2 other quarterbacks in his class. Marino and Kelly were both great as well but didnt have that added cool one needs to be called the best ever. The only 2 other quarterbacks ever that had it like John is Brady and Montana. That is the reason they are the greatest 3 of all time. I think Cutler is maybe already in the top 5 in this category and if we do win 10 or 11 games this seson it will be because we won 3 or 4 close games.

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Brett Favre
    Big Ben
    and Romo and Cutler are right there together.
Working...
X