Any fans' help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fans' help?

I've been a Bronco fan for about 16 years and was wondering does anyone know and why our team is hated so much? Maybe its something that originated before my time and Im a little clueless, so if anyone could tell me the exact year are error that we became the step children of the league I would greatly appreciate it. Is it the chop blocking are anything like that?

Originally posted by Zoneblock249 View Post
    I've been a Bronco fan for about 16 years and was wondering does anyone know and why our team is hated so much? Maybe its something that originated before my time and Im a little clueless, so if anyone could tell me the exact year are error that we became the step children of the league I would greatly appreciate it. Is it the chop blocking are anything like that?
    That's a good question. I'll get back to you when I found out myself.

Comment

According to my friend (A cowboy fan...) he claims we are a dirty team because our O-line. He calls them dirty, chop blockers. He also claims Lynch is a cheap hitter.

But hey, who knows.
      Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

Originally posted by DenverSpark View Post
        According to my friend (A cowboy fan...) he claims we are a dirty team because our O-line. He calls them dirty, chop blockers. He also claims Lynch is a cheap hitter.

But hey, who knows.
        Yeah that is when I started hearing the bad stuff. Plus the past 10-13 years our rep as an orginization has really gone down hill. With all the recent arrests, and then having Romo didnt help. I mean the guy spit into Jerry Rices face.
        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

I foget who the O-line coach was back then but he was a mean mother.
          Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

Well, remember that being hated means at least your not bad enough to be ignored.

Most fans of other teams look at the Bronco's game on their schedule and assume it will be a tough game, so i think that is part of it. Especially for teams in our division.

Much better than being the AZ cardinals where they mostly get ignored because they are so bad every year. (I live in AZ, they aren't very popular even here)

Comment

Let's see. For Chargers fans, there are many reasons, but I'll just highlight a couple of the good ones.

1. ***"He (Jamal Williams, Chargers NT) suffered a season-ending broken ankle on Dec. 2, 2002, on a block from behind in a game against the Broncos, a play that was considered a cheap shot."
              By John Clayton ESPN
              http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2069086

2. ***"Denver Broncos center Tom Nalen has been fined $25,000 by the NFL for a cut block on San Diego's Igor Olshansky in the final minute of the Sunday night's loss to the San Diego Chargers...The Broncos have long been criticized by coaches and players from other teams for their system of cut blocking. It is an annual subject at the league meetings and the rules have been modified to penalize certain cut blocks."
              AP Article
              http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2672337

3. ****Having Been to Invesco 3 times (2004-2006) to watch the Broncos-Chargers game, I have seen first hand how completely rude and arrogant the Broncos fans are as a group. Not all mind you, but the vast majority. The first time I made the mistake of bringing my kids. Nice to have your 10 year old be told he wasn't "worth sh** if he was going to be a Chargers fan" while the entire group of Broncos fans surrounding the area just laughed and nodded.

4. **** All the whining your QB, your old has-been CB and all of your fans did last year about a little trash talking on the field. The prima donna organization in Denver got it's feelins hurt last year, but the blame rests squarely on horrible play and poor exectuion on the field rather than Philip Rivers.

All of the above make it so sweet indeed that your team is in the tank for the foreeeable future, and even more funny, 0 and 4 against the QB you all love to hate so much.

Want some more reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post
                The first time I made the mistake of bringing my kids. Nice to have your 10 year old be told he wasn't "worth sh** if he was going to be a Chargers fan" while the entire group of Broncos fans surrounding the area just laughed and nodded.
                Lol, muhahaha.I wish I were there, that sounds too good.I don`t think we are hated and if we are then I say we get our line to cut block said person...mean legal block them O.o.

Comment

Originally posted by Morningplastic View Post
                  Lol, muhahaha.I wish I were there, that sounds too good.I don`t think we are hated and if we are then I say we get our line to cut block said person...mean legal block them O.o.
                  And there you go

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                    Yeah that is when I started hearing the bad stuff. Plus the past 10-13 years our rep as an orginization has really gone down hill. With all the recent arrests, and then having Romo didnt help. I mean the guy spit into Jerry Rices face.
                    Wasnt it JJ Stokes. "The next Jerry Rice" lol thats what i kept hearing about him when he first came out.
                    sigpic

Comment

Let's see. For Chargers fans, there are many reasons, but I'll just highlight a couple of the good ones.

The Broncos have long been criticized by coaches and players from other teams for their system of cut blocking. It is an annual subject at the league meetings and the rules have been modified to penalize certain cut blocks."
                      AP Article
                      The problem with this argument is that cut blocking is legal. All teams do it. The issue is that nobody does it as well as the Broncos. Like you said, it comes up at the annual meetings fairly often, but the fact that it's STILL legal should tell you that the rules committee has no problem with it.
                      "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Originally posted by spikerman View Post
                        The problem with this argument is that cut blocking is legal. All teams do it. The issue is that nobody does it as well as the Broncos. Like you said, it comes up at the annual meetings fairly often, but the fact that it's STILL legal should tell you that the rules committee has no problem with it.
                        The cut block is legal to an extent. When used to "take out" other players as in the case of Jamal Williams (from behind) and Igor Olshansky (after the whistle had blown), then it is called cheating. Something the rest of the league apparently considers is the norm for the Broncos.

Comment

1. ***"He (Jamal Williams, Chargers NT) suffered a season-ending broken ankle on Dec. 2, 2002, on a block from behind in a game against the Broncos, a play that was considered a cheap shot."
                          By John Clayton ESPN
                          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2069086

2. ***"Denver Broncos center Tom Nalen has been fined $25,000 by the NFL for a cut block on San Diego's Igor Olshansky in the final minute of the Sunday night's loss to the San Diego Chargers...The Broncos have long been criticized by coaches and players from other teams for their system of cut blocking. It is an annual subject at the league meetings and the rules have been modified to penalize certain cut blocks."
                          AP Article

3. ****Having Been to Invesco 3 times (2004-2006) to watch the Broncos-Chargers game, I have seen first hand how completely rude and arrogant the Broncos fans are as a group. Not all mind you, but the vast majority. The first time I made the mistake of bringing my kids. Nice to have your 10 year old be told he wasn't "worth sh** if he was going to be a Chargers fan" while the entire group of Broncos fans surrounding the area just laughed and nodded.

4. **** All the whining your QB, your old has-been CB and all of your fans did last year about a little trash talking on the field. The prima donna organization in Denver got it's feelins hurt last year, but the blame rests squarely on horrible play and poor exectuion on the field rather than Philip Rivers.

All of the above make it so sweet indeed that your team is in the tank for the foreeeable future, and even more funny, 0 and 4 against the QB you all love to hate so much.

Want some more reasons?
                          Ya thats pretty bad dude.... sorry for that I would of gave you and your kid much more respect then that crap

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
                            Ya thats pretty bad dude.... sorry for that I would of gave you and your kid much more respect then that crap
                            Appreciate that.

Comment

The cut block is legal to an extent. When used to "take out" other players as in the case of Jamal Williams (from behind) and Igor Olshansky (after the whistle had blown), then it is called cheating. Something the rest of the league apparently considers is the norm for the Broncos.
                              You make it sound like the Broncos do something like this on every play. Just because a player gets hurt doesn't mean something illegal was done. Sure the Broncos have committed some cheap shots over the years. Are you claiming that the Chargers never do it? If they don't, they'd be the first team in the history of pro football to never do something like that.
                              "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X