Any fans' help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post
    I got three words for you.....NOT JOHN ELWAY.....let the man go already. It's funny how every conversation with Bronco fans ultimately leads to Elway...in your minds anyway. No one will dispute that Elway was one of the greta ones, so in that respect you are arguing with yourselves. But...You're living in the past...GET OVER IT. I'll give you the Baltimore thing, because of how spoiled Johnny acted in 1983.
    I am starting to understand how sad it must be in Denver, and why so many of you are blindly lovesick of Jay Cutler....after Brian Griese, Bubby Brister, Gus Ferrotte, Jake the Fake and others since King John, you all must be feeling pretty desparate these days.
    Elway and his 4th quarter heroics are a large reason why the Browns loathe the Broncos. The main reason why that is somewhat of a rivalry.

Its been awhile since a franchise QB came to Denver. Why wouldn't people here be excited for a kid that has great arm strength, is mobile, and pretty darn smart as well.

If Jay fails to be the second coming, and the odds are stacked high against him, what then? He's got potential...might even turn out to be pretty good someday, then again pretty good won't be enough for the mighty Denver Broncos. He'll never quite be John Elway will he?
    No, he never will be John. However, he will make his own mark, and I think itll be a pretty good one.

As for Rivers and Cutler....no one can trully say how either career will turn out. But my money is on Rivers. The gutsy performance he put in against the Pats in the AFCCG tells me that he is a competitor. Would Jay do the same? Maybe, but we won't know for sure until that situation comes up, though didn't Jay pull himself out of a game for an injury? Hmmm. Rivers has gone 27-7 in two years as a starter if you add playoff games (4 by the way). Young Cutler has already lost almost twice as much in little more than one season playing. Who knows?
    Team game. The Chargers have the best RB in the league, and a top 3 defense. Remove the games against Denver from Rivers' stats, and his QB rating is below 80. A gutsy but horriffic performance. Could the Chargers have put on a better game with Volek? Perhaps.

This is pure smack. This is why this thread will get moved.

Everyone says Jay has shown flashes of brilliance at times. Perhaps he does, but us Chargers fans miss it considering how poorly heplays against us.
    See above.

As for the cut blocking, Denver pioneered the ZBS with Alex Gibbs. It worked well, and teams are now falling over themselves to follwo suit. Cut blocking works. Sometimes, players hit a guy form behind, or illegally. Happens in every game.
    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerRules6 View Post
      Wasn't this thread started on the HISTORY of why no one likes the broncos. You just don't wan't us to mention elway, cuz you can only compare him to........well Ryan Leaf
      Please don't ever compare John Elway to Ryan Leaf. I have too much respect for Elway to let you do that.

Comment

It seems every team feels like everyone hates their team. I think it's just the flux of being a fan for a specific team. I'm not convinced Denver is hated any more than any other team. Although, I am convinced that Oakland leads the hatred path but I think that is because of their fans, not the team.

Personally, it's cool when I meet another Bronco honk so we can talk about what ever is going on with the team but I don't particularly care if other people or the media seems pitted against Denver. We all know that if Denver starts winning, here comes all the adoration.

Then people will complain about the band-wagoners.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco View Post
          Just stumbled on this thread and found it kind of interesting. First, I'm not really sure that outside of KC, SD, and Oakland the Broncos are all that hated. It's been my experience that the only two teams that are universally and forever hated throughout the league are the Raiders and whoever is on top (right now being the Pats). Otherwise, most fans hate teams that are either rivals (thus the aforementioned KC, SD, and Oakland) or that have had a string of recent success against them (such as I hate Indy right now mostly cuz they keep beating us.)

That being said, our Charger fan friend made 4 points. The two about cut-blocking he does make good points - face it my fellow Broncos fans, if one or more of our DLinemen got hurt in this way we'd be screaming too.

His point about the stadium is much less powerful, IMHO. I have went to Broncos games in many away stadiums and, sadly, there are a lot of jerk fans at all of them. OK, maybe not in Indy, but I digress. Unfortunately, that is a statement on our society and not on the Broncos in general. And yes, my Bolt friend, I have seen kids wearing orange get heckled at the Q as well.

On his last point, it is here where I have my strongest feelings about the issue. I have been watching this game for over 35 years and I have rarely seen the kind of public display that their QB made on Christmas Eve last year (and then again after the Colts playoff win.) To say that Bronco fans "whined" about this is, in my opinion, a poor choice of words. Heck yes we complained... just as I'm sure you would have complained had our Mr. Cutler acted the same way. We all know and accept (begrudgingly I must admit) that trash-talking exists but it is almost always kept out of blatant view of the fans. As a father, I am sure you don't want your 10-year-old seeing that kind of behavior, and neither did I.
          Great post. The reason I brought up the cut blocking and it's result (the season ending injury to Jamal Willliams in 2002 and more recently, Nalen's hit on Igor on a dead ball play) AND the Broncos reaction to Rivers "public display" is twofold. One to answer the the premise of this thread, which asked why the Broncos are hated. ( I do have to agree with some of the other posts here, that in all reality the Broncos probably aren't hated anymore than any other team, except within the division.)
          The other reason I brought up those things was to highlight what I see as BS: namely, that it can easily be explained away that illegal, cheap shots are just part of the game, yet someone talking smack is to be villified. That makes little sense to me. How is Rivers talking smack worse than, say, Nalen intentionally going after another player's knees? Cheap hits sometimes do happen, by every team. It IS just a part of the game, and you only hope that someone doesn't get severely injured over it ala Jamal Williams. Emotions run high in a violent sport. Sometimes it comes out in other ways--in words. Rivers let's loose with his mouth sometimes. Not always pretty I agree, but again, it's based on the heat of the moment. You can make an argument that you expect more from the QB, that they should always be able to hold it in...act more statesmanlike or something, but in the end it is just words. In Rivers case, it's not even cuss words by the way. No profane gestures on his part either, such as Nalen did by grabbing his cojones as he walked off the field in San Diego. I won't go into the fact that Jay Cutler was giving it as good as he got it during that game (Rivers had the misfortune of being caught on camera), because noone here wants to hear the truth on that.
          Last edited by Go_Bolts04; 07-21-2008, 03:03 PM.

Comment

I won't go into the fact that Jay Cutler was giving it as good as he got it during that game (Rivers had the misfortune of being caught on camera), because noone here wants to hear the truth on that.
            But see Rivers "being caught on camera" is exactly my point. We all know this stuff happens but Rivers does it in a way that he is bound to get seen by the camera. Even you have to admit that Rivers trash talking is done in a way that causes it to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco View Post
              But see Rivers "being caught on camera" is exactly my point. We all know this stuff happens but Rivers does it in a way that he is bound to get seen by the camera. Even you have to admit that Rivers trash talking is done in a way that causes it to be seen.
              Perhaps.....Personally I kind of like his fire though at times he does overstep a bit....I guess I just don't see it as being quite as nefarious as deliberately trying to hurt another player.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Axe View Post
                The rest of the NFL is just plain JEALOUS of our success. simple
                Is that so? So using your logic, you in turn must be "just plain JEALOUS" of say...the 49'ers? The Cowboys? The Steelers? The Patriots? The Redskins? Perhaps the Giants or the Packers? Heck even the Raiders have more rings right? That means they have all had more "success" right?

Do you honestly think the NFL is jealous of the Broncos?

Comment

Nice to have your 10 year old be told he wasn't "worth sh** if he was going to be a Chargers fan
                  What's wrong with that? Truth hurts huh?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anikai View Post
                    Another great example of a Bronco's fan. But considering you are probably, like 12 yourself, I'll leave it alone little boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Anikai View Post
                      Hey mister anybody who wishes harm or discomfort to an innocent child . Is not a man in my book.
                      Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wade View Post
                        Hey mister anybody who wishes harm or discomfort to an innocent child . Is not a man in my book.
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed!!!!! To be honest, I can't believe the responses of some of my fellow Broncos fans in this thread :doh:

Comment

Is that so? So using your logic, you in turn must be "just plain JEALOUS" of say...the 49'ers? The Cowboys? The Steelers? The Patriots? The Redskins? Perhaps the Giants or the Packers? Heck even the Raiders have more rings right? That means they have all had more "success" right?

Do you honestly think the NFL is jealous of the Broncos?
                          Jealous of the Ptriots? HELL YES! You would have to be CRAZY not to be! Undefeated regular season, multiple Super Bowl wins, best Offense in the NFL, will probably go back to the Bowl again this year. They are doing what all other 32 teams want to be doing, so yes.

And I GARUNTEE you there was a LOT of jealousy in 97-98 with Denver, such as the Cowboy teams in 92,93 and 95. Success DOES breed jealousy and hatred in some, just plain FACT!! is this to compex to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Axe View Post
                            Jealous of the Ptriots? HELL YES! You would have to be CRAZY not to be! Undefeated regular season, multiple Super Bowl wins, best Offense in the NFL, will probably go back to the Bowl again this year. They are doing what all other 32 teams want to be doing, so yes.

And I GARUNTEE you there was a LOT of jealousy in 97-98 with Denver, such as the Cowboy teams in 92,93 and 95. Success DOES breed jealousy and hatred in some, just plain FACT!! is this to compex to understand?
                            Yep, you are way too complex for me to understand, because in no way am I jealous of any team. Not one. Good for the Broncos in 97 and 98. I didn't like them, hated them in fact. Becasue they were good? They were, but no... rather it was because they were the Broncos. Dislike the Broncos now. Becasue they are good? No, they aren't, but rather because they are the Bronco's. Simple as that.
                            The Chargers have had some good years and many more bad ones. But at no time were they good enough to be called a Championship team (post AFL). They never earned that right. Not jealous of those other teams though. If the Bolts want it badly enough, they'll get their sh** together for a complete season, rather than just parts here and there. Simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                            X