No announcement yet.

Mike Bell expects to be cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I always thought Bell was a product of the system, he could score. I still don't understand why we didn't put in him on 3rd and Goal at the 1-2 yardline so he could jump over the pile. Especially since none of our starting RBs could get it in.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
      Although I always thought Bell was a product of the system, he could score. I still don't understand why we didn't put in him on 3rd and Goal at the 1-2 yardline so he could jump over the pile. Especially since none of our starting RBs could get it in.
      We would first need to make it to 3rd and goal from the 1-2 yardline before we can have someone come in and rush from that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by cjt777 View Post
        total bs
        one of my favorite players
        its a shame the kid is good and has a lot of heart!
        Good Luck Mike
        I liked him too. Especially in 2006, last year I kinda lost track of him. But still, I wish him good luck too.

Comment

Maybe we should start a Mike Bell vs Jake Plummer thread so all the Mike Bell lovers can argue with all the Jake lovers about which loss hurt the most.

I can't believe there are people that think Mike Bell was anything special. If he were anything special, we never would have signed Travis Henry. Even after we signed Henry, the Mike Bell lovers were swearing up and down that Bell was going to be the starter. That was as ridiculous as the Foxworth lovers claiming that he was going to be the starter after Bly was brought in. Bell couldn't even make the team as a RB. He had to convert to fullback just to be allowed to stay on the team. If he were anything special, he would have, at least, won the back up job. Even in his rookie year, which was impressive for an undrafted player, it was clear that we didn't have a true franchise RB. He lost the starting job to Tatum Bell.

Come on people, you can not be serious in thinking that Mike Bell is anything special. You can not be serious in thinking that he's going to contribute to another team. He certainly wouldn't contribute to teams like the Saints and Panthers as has been suggested by some. The Saints and the Panthers? Are you kidding me? The Saints have Reggie Bush and Deuce McAllister and three other running backs on their roster already, including Pierre Thomas who averaged 4.8 yards on 52 carries last year. The Panthers have Jonathan Stewart, Deangelo Williams, and four other running backs, including Nick Goings, who has contributed for them. There is no legitimate reason to believe that either of those teams could use Mike Bell. There is no legitimate reason to expect Bell to make it on any other team's roster.
          Last edited by broncolee; 07-22-2008, 11:45 AM.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Come on people, you can not be serious in thinking that Mike Bell is anything special. You can not be serious in thinking that he's going to contribute to another team. He certainly wouldn't contribute to teams like the Saint and Panthers as has been suggested by some. The Saints and the Panthers? Are you kidding me? The Saints have Reggie Bush and Deuce McAllister and three other running backs on their roster already, including Pierre Thomas who averaged 4.8 yards on 52 carries last year. The Panthers have Jonathan Stewart, Deangelo Williams, and four other running backs, including Nick Goings, who has contributed for them. There is no legitimate reason to believe that either of those teams could use Mike Bell. There is no legitimate reason to expect Bell to make it on any other team's roster.
            While I agree the Saints and the Panthers arent likely situations, I would say that he has a shot to make and contribute to another team. There are several teams that lack any depth on their roster at the RB position. The guy has heart, and as a possible 3rd or 4th back, he might make a team as a special teamer. I see no legitimate reason why he couldnt make a roster.
            sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
            SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              Maybe we should start a Mike Bell vs Jake Plummer thread so all the Mike Bell lovers can argue with all the Jake lovers about which loss hurt the most.

I can't believe there are people that think Mike Bell was anything special. If he were anything special, we never would have signed Travis Henry. Even after we signed Henry, the Mike Bell lovers were swearing up and down that Bell was going to be the starter. That was as ridiculous as the Foxworth lovers claiming that he was going to be the starter after Bly was brought in. Bell couldn't even make the team as a RB. He had to convert to fullback just to be allowed to stay on the team. If he were anything special, he would have, at least, won the back up job. Even in his rookie year, which was impressive for an undrafted player, it was clear that we didn't have a true franchise RB. He lost the starting job to Tatum Bell.

Come on people, you can not be serious in thinking that Mike Bell is anything special. You can not be serious in thinking that he's going to contribute to another team. He certainly wouldn't contribute to teams like the Saints and Panthers as has been suggested by some. The Saints and the Panthers? Are you kidding me? The Saints have Reggie Bush and Deuce McAllister and three other running backs on their roster already, including Pierre Thomas who averaged 4.8 yards on 52 carries last year. The Panthers have Jonathan Stewart, Deangelo Williams, and four other running backs, including Nick Goings, who has contributed for them. There is no legitimate reason to believe that either of those teams could use Mike Bell. There is no legitimate reason to expect Bell to make it on any other team's roster.
              So were you not cheering when leaped over 21 other players to score more goalline TD's than any RB we've had since portis?
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Bring Back Big Q, Griffin is more fun to watch than peterson, he is healthy
                We don't need Bell, he had a good carrer by a undraft rookie, better than clarret
                Last edited by DaN1eL; 07-22-2008, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X